Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Yankees CC Sabathia checks into rehab as team is about to enter the playoffs.

Wow.

It's not my or anyone else's place to say he should wait until after the postseason if he has to do this. But, wow. What on earth could have happened to make him decide that this had to happen right now?

Default Re: Yankees CC Sabathia checks into rehab as team is about to enter the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Wow.

It's not my or anyone else's place to say he should wait until after the postseason if he has to do this. But, wow. What on earth could have happened to make him decide that this had to happen right now?
    The realization that he had a problem.

Kudos to him. Baseball is just a game. Money is just money. Being a responsible adult and facing your problems is more important, IMO.

Default Re: Yankees CC Sabathia checks into rehab as team is about to enter the playoffs.

Wow.

timing sucks for sure..........but if the team advances, folks would be asking: why the hell is CC not playing ?.... and then they had to drop the news anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The realization that he had a problem.

Kudos to him. Baseball is just a game. Money is just money. Being a responsible adult and facing your problems is more important, IMO.
    Tell that to a die-hard yankee fan.

Dudes getting paid like 20 million to pitch every 5 days.

Deal with it after the season, **** sucker.

Real life is more important than baseball life. And he would have came in handy against the Royals if they beat the Astros...but he is not their ace anymore.

They might be eliminated after today. Should have waited another 24 hours.
    Last edited by bigkingsfan; 10-05-2015 at 03:14 PM.

So essentially every stupid controversy the Pats participate in you tell me is ok and they needed to do it and it's no issue but CC shouldnt' go into rehab if he needs it to avoid controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So essentially every stupid controversy the Pats participate in you tell me is ok and they needed to do it and it's no issue but CC shouldnt' go into rehab if he needs it to avoid controversy.
    That isn't what I said. "It's not my or anyone else's place to say he should wait until after the postseason if he has to do this." That's the first complete sentence I wrote. Please read more carefully. What I asked was, "What on earth could have happened to make him decide that this had to happen right now?" I'm really curious as to what his final straw was. Because it has to have been something severe. He's making 23 mil this year. What did it take for him to decide he had to abandon his responsibilities to the Yankees and focus on dealing with his drinking?

That isn't what I said. "It's not my or anyone else's place to say he should wait until after the postseason if he has to do this." That's the first complete sentence I wrote. Please read more carefully. What I asked was, "What on earth could have happened to make him decide that this had to happen right now?" I'm really curious as to what his final straw was. Because it has to have been something severe. He's making 23 mil this year. What did it take for him to decide he had to abandon his responsibilities to the Yankees and focus on dealing with his drinking?
    Oops, sorry.

READING and answering your question, i think the incident in Toronto which was rumored to have been worse than what was filmed is part of it. There might have been another incident.

I don't think people pick the timing of rehab based on what works in terms of work unless you're not really serious about rehab. Rehab doesn't work if you wait for a convenient time, because that means essentialyl you don't think rehab is important.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    They might be eliminated after today. Should have waited another 24 hours.
    There has to be something they think will come out that they are getting ahead of.

Tanaka, Pineda, Severino, Nova should be a good playoff rotation if they survive the Wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't think people pick the timing of rehab based on what works in terms of work unless you're not really serious about rehab. Rehab doesn't work if you wait for a convenient time, because that means essentialyl you don't think rehab is important.
    There are players that would play in a playoff game over being present for the birth of a child. That doesn't mean they don't love their kids, they just feel an extremely strong responsibility to the team, and possibly/probably desire to win a Championship. I'd bet that even though he went to rehab Sabathia weighed the decision heavily first and there were people that had to convince him that he needed help. Of course in the end he is going to rehab because he feels like he must deal with this immediately but how could he not have some feeling that he is letting the Yankees and Yankee fans down?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It certainly better explains that whole incident in Toronto, which seemed so out of character for him. Hope he gets better.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    Tell that to a die-hard yankee fan.

Dudes getting paid like 20 million to pitch every 5 days.

Deal with it after the season, **** sucker.

This.

If the guy was diagnosed with some real disease that needed ASAP treatment, sure.

Guy cant put the bottle down for a few weeks?

Embarrassing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

C'mon guys. CC would play for his team if it was possible. He is obviously going through some serious shit right now and there isn't anyone who probably feels worse about it than him. CC is a Bay Area legend and I hope he gets better and can pitch again soon.