Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jews and Muslims can be friends

On an individual basis, yes of course they can. Maybe even in large numbers. But unfortunately, human nature dictates that pockets of either institution will radicalize and engage in mutual demonization. We literally can't help it.

The ancient religions of the world have served their purpose. We need to let those ideas die.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    When have I NOT posted accurate and insightful information?

Unless I'm going in for a full fledged mindfvck, the stuff I post is going to be right as rain.
    when you ditched your main account straight_ballin you lying little bitch let's start with that.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Can we all cut the bullshit here please?

I'm was raised Christian because I was around people that were Christians. I started questioning the faith many moons ago.
    Human beings change, acquire new knowledge, unlearn, relearn, and have changes of heart.

Do you have the faintest idea between a person whose ignorant and a person of knowledge in religious matters, egokiller? Its an eon of difference. People study for decades and devote their lives and have the same questions they do and they still remain Christians or whatever.

Off the top of my head I can think up of Catholics who converted to Islam or became Atheists.

I can think of Muslims who became apostates.

I can think up of Atheists who became Christians.

And this happens through the duration of the persons life.

Muslims were raised Muslim and believe in that because that's who they were around.
    Oh really?

Sirraj Wahhaj, Khalid Yasin, Abdur Rahman Murphy, Hamza Tsouris, David Lang, Robert Davilla, Malcolm X, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Muhammad Ali, Yusuf Estes would like to have a word with you. All were raised Christian of some type and then later reverted after investigating. As are many Latinos in prisons.

Conversely, Zayn Malik, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Nabeel Qureshi, and a few others were born Muslim but became whatever they are.

Sure you have a few that were not raised with any belief and then turned to a particular belief but that is only because they were influenced by someone or a group that shared those beliefs with them.
    Are you denying that the human being has the free will to use their rational faculties to decide which path is the correct one?

Bottom line is that I know 100% for certain that if I was born on a fvcking island that had a religion on their own that no one ever even heard of, that is what I would believe in.
    That#s not even true, nor is that a good point, nor is it an excuse--- we were given time and a mind to study and learn and ask God to guide us on the straight path. Thats speculation at best. It was not the case for Abraham (PBUH) who lived in the midst of people who worshipped idols. And i t wasn#t the case for many renegades of society.

Sorry to ruin your day with such an eye opener, but these are the facts.
    Everyone thinks their shit is right over someone else's but they are all hypocrites because if they grew up in the other guys shoes, they'd be spewing the same shit as the person they are arguing against.
    Hardly an eye opener and refuted quite quickly. And the way to go about this is you know---actually legitimately pray for guidance and seek knowledge.

The Prophet (PBUH) of their time WENT AGAINST their local religion---people in Muhammad (PBUH's) time worshipped idols like Lat and Uzza, people in Abraham (PBUH's) time worshipped idols, people in these days consider themselves what secular humanists who are too advanced for religion (lol).... and the test remains the same.

People these days worship gods like money and ego and carnal desires and whatever else---but the same message remains as before.

The way to salvation is to worship Allah alone.

At some point you are going to have to ask yourself a few questions...

Who is God?
    How do I get to heaven?
    Who is Jesus?

And you have to decide which answer makes more sense.

Muslims don't believe God is a man or that God has children. Christians do.
    Muslims believe the way to heaven is submission to God's Will. Christians believe that taking Jesus as one's Lord and savior saves them from Hell.

Muslims believe Jesus (PBUH) is a Prophet, a great man, born of virgin birth---but not God or Divine. Christians worship Jesus when Jesus himself admitted to worshipping God and not having knowledge of the Day of Reckoning.

Muslims, to stay on the straight path, offer 5 daily prayers, fast the month of Ramadan, take the shahadah, have a minimum charity amount, offer Hajj, abide by certain commands and abstain from certain prohibitions and read the Qu'ran which has been preserved to this day letter for letter.

Christians themselves will admit to having different versions of the Bible tampered by human hands. Christians have gone astray because their OLD TESTAMENT instructs them to worship God alone but SOMEWHERE along the line guys like Saint Paul tampered with the Scripture---and concocted lies like the Holy Trinity or exagerrated who Jesus was.

Hindus have also gone astray because EVEN THOUGH their VEDIC SCRIPTURES tell them to worship God alone---somewhere along the line they built idols and started devoting themselves to them.

My job is only to convey to you, that the way to salvation is to worship Allah alone.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 03-28-2019 at 11:53 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    On an individual basis, yes of course they can. Maybe even in large numbers. But unfortunately, human nature dictates that pockets of either institution will radicalize and engage in mutual demonization. We literally can't help it.

The ancient religions of the world have served their purpose. We need to let those ideas die.
    No, there are still people serious about prospering in the Afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    when you ditched your main account straight_ballin you lying little bitch let's start with that.
    That alt claim has already been debunked.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=17

Anyways church attendance fell from the early 1970s to the present, with 50% to 57% attending in the past compared with 42% to 44% now. There’s a reason for that.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Islam basically just ripped off 90% of the concepts of Judaism anyway and just gave the practices Arab names. Christianity originates from Judaism but at least they developed their own cultural distinctiveness. Muhammed basically just copied what Jews were doing, called it Islam, and added some stuff about murdering infidels.
    First of all the Old testament involves wars between the kingdom of Judah and othe nations IIRC.. so war between believers and disbelievers is nothing new nor exclusive.

Secondly Islam.. meaning submission to God's Will has the same practices as Judaism because the way of life Jews followed is also submission to God's Will via Mosaic Law--- but things got screwy throughout their history.

The religion of Islam is based on the Quran, in which a large portion of the 2nd chapter and the 17th mentions that the Jews were in fact God's chosen people--but they were cursed because they had
    A) believed in some Messengers but not others
    B) failed to uphold the covenant
    C) made a mockery of religion
    D) believed in false ideas like racial superiority and salvation exclusive to them---Islam does not distinguish between race
    E) breaking the Sabbath.
    F) Preferred the world to the Hereafter
    G) Rabbis not doing their job

And other follies that kind of led to their fall from grace.

Thus it was necessary for Isa (PBUH) and Muhammad (PBUH) to one again revitalize the people, difference being Isa was sent for Israel and Muhammad for all of mankind

So no Samuels your post is factually incorrect about it being a ripoff. As it is waa the Final Revelation revealed to Muhammad (PBUH), from the same God, who also gave Moses (PBUH) the Torah, David (PBUH) the Psalms, and Isa (PBUH) the Evangil.

By the way the people who followed Judaism and Christianity originally didn't call themselves Jews or Christians. They are referred to as YEHUDI and NASARA (Helpers)

Do you recall Moses ever referring to himself as a Jew? Or Abraham?

No, they were monotheists. People who worshipped God alone.

Only Islam has preserved pure Monotheism.

Yeah but you're still homophobic.

Amin.

[QUOTE=egokiller]That alt claim has already been debunked.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=17

Anyways church attendance fell from the early 1970s to the present, with 50% to 57% attending in the past compared with 42% to 44% now. There