Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Will Odom make the hall of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    If he could have played and avg 15 pts and 10 rebounds for two or three more seasons he would have a shot... But I dont think he will make it... But his career was impressive.. Won two titles and A GOLD MEDAL as the starting center for that team... He started over CHandler...

If he played in the east he would have made multiple all star teams... In the west too much competiton at the big forward spots..
    One of his absolute best 2 or 3 seasons was on the Heat in 2004...and he did not make the all star team. So much for that logic. He frankly was never that good and everyone now is reminiscing over his career making him a lot better than he really was because of empathy. As a basketball player...he absolutely is not even close to a hof player, period. End of discussion. Probably the funniest thing...is that all these kobe stans who basically spent years trying to make his contributions to the Lakers back to back championships insignificant...are now coming out of the woodwork to praise. I actually spent the better part of his career defending him and now these children are overrating him just to make themselves feel better...pathetic. But what can you expect from a board that is filled with children and man-children? (or as I see it...morons and super morons)
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-16-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Hell No.

No.

No...

Moncrief, Bobby Jones or Dandridge are waiting forever to get in...
    If Odom's a HoFer then so is a player like Michael Cooper... Shit, Toni Kukoc's not in...

Messed up situation he's in but c'mon now...

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    He isn't a HoFer but Lakers should still hang his jersey
    Lakers didn't even retire Cooper or Byron Scott's jersey...

Was watching the news with this girl I'm seeing. She's not a fan of the Kardashians, but she didn't question when they referred to Odom as "Kardashian reality-show star". I was blown away. This guy has been famous for nearly 20 years. He was live on the court for over 500 hours of TV. He made more money than all the Kardashians combined.

Reality tv is cancer. The people that watch it are garbage. There hasn't been a good reality show since the first few seasons of "Survivor"

Still, Odom is not a Hall of Famer

Banned

Not everybody is a sports fan or even follows sports. There are people that watch not just reality TV, but regular TV programs. People remember other people for the most note worthy thing they've done that the person has seen.

Some people remember Ice Cube more as an actor than rapper.
    Some people remember Rick Fox as an actor than a basketball player.
    Some people remember Jesse Ventura as a politician than a pro wrestler.
    Some people remember Flavor Flav as a reality TV star than a rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Not everybody is a sports fan or even follows sports. There are people that watch not just reality TV, but regular TV programs. People remember other people for the most note worthy thing they've done that the person has seen.

Some people remember Ice Cube more as an actor than rapper.
    Some people remember Rick Fox as an actor than a basketball player.
    Some people remember Jesse Ventura as a politician than a pro wrestler.
    Some people remember Flavor Flav as a reality TV star than a rapper.
    no. Just no.

he's not a HoFer, but if he pulls through this and even if they had to trod him out on a wheelchair at the staples centre at halftime it would probably be a deafening ovation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    no. Just no.
    that's you.

For other people, they remember Ice Cube his movies and very little from his rap career. In fact, people know every little about his rap career outside of N.W.A. That's not really there fault because that's what they grew up with and know the most from Ice Cube, which is the same with people knowing Odom for being on the Kardashian show.

same thing for Rick Fox.

that's you.

For other people, they remember Ice Cube his movies and very little from his rap career. In fact, people know every little about his rap career outside of N.W.A. That's not really there fault because that's what they grew up with and know the most from Ice Cube, which is the same with people knowing Odom for being on the Kardashian show.

same thing for Rick Fox.
    everyone knows NWA, everyone has heard "today was a good day." Nobody watched daddy are we there yet or whatever the fck. Besides Friday (in which most people remember chris tucker), what has he even been in?

and FOH with the rick fox example. I didn't even know he was an actor until I unfortunately saw Sharknado...is Mark Cuban more famous as an actor too now? You're going to say Shaq as well?

Banned

Everyone's different. Nobody has watched exactly the same programs as you or has the same memory as you.

When you think of someone like Childish Gambino/Donald Glover you may think of him as an actor first, but I didn't even know of his acting background because I don't watch that much TV, so a couple months ago I only knew him for his rapping.

You probably know some random people that I know nothing about and therefore have no feeling for. That dude who owned Nintendo, I didn't know he before his died. I thought nothing of him while the internet basically grieved and celebrated him like he was a god.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 10-16-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Everyone's different. Nobody has watched exactly the same programs as you or has the same memory as you.

When you think of someone like Childish Gambino/Donald Glover you may think of him as an actor first, but I didn't even know of his acting background because I don't watch that much TV, so a couple months ago I only knew him for his rapping.

You probably know some random people that I know nothing about and therefore have no feeling for. That dude who owned Nintendo, I didn't know he before his died. I thought nothing of him while the internet basically grieved and celebrated him like he was a god.
    yeah these same people apparently think his parents named him Ice and his last name is Cube.

oh and snopp dogg was in a few movies yeah, I guess people immediately think of The Wash before his music career

Banned

it's called a stage name

I didn't even know Ice Cube's real name and that it's O'Shea.

That's no difference than people who still refer to Terry Bollea as Hulk Hogan.

Banned

Take out whatever stick is up your ass. Your point is false, deal with it.

People have different memories of subjects compared to other people.

When someone else thinks about the 2013 NBA All-Star Game they think of nothing and that it was uneventful. When some ISH poster thinks about it they think of the Kobe block and pauk's essay.

rank sentamentalist

everyone knows he shouldn't but you can't underestimate what the league will try to get away with to rally sympathy viewers and all that...