Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Why does Chris Paul get blamed for the Clippers chokes

Well against OKC in 2014, he made cruial mistakes like turning te ball over and fouling Westrook on a 3 at the end of game 5. He deserves a lot of blame for that one, they blew a 7 point lead in 49 seconds or something like that, Paul should've closed that deal and they would've been up 3-2. It 2015 i don't think he should get a pass for missing the first 2 games against the Rockets, and even though they managed a 3-1 lead i think he could've done enough to get them at least one more win. The onus doesn't all go on him but he isn't 100 % free of blame like his fans want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    Well against OKC in 2014, he made cruial mistakes like turning te ball over and fouling Westrook on a 3 at the end of game 5. He deserves a lot of blame for that one, they blew a 7 point lead in 49 seconds or something like that, Paul should've closed that deal and they would've been up 3-2. It 2015 i don't think he should get a pass for missing the first 2 games against the Rockets, and even though they managed a 3-1 lead i think he could've done enough to get them at least one more win. The onus doesn't all go on him but he isn't 100 % free of blame like his fans want you to believe.
    lol I remember this game. One of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen from an individual player, yet no one ever brings it up.

#ChrisPaulPrivilege

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    DMAVS breaking down. Paul is great no doubt but vastly overrated similar how Payton use to underachieve with the sonics in the 90's.
    So you say he's great and I say he's great. Yet somehow I'm vastly overrating him?

This doesn't make sense.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol I remember this game. One of the biggest choke jobs I've ever seen from an individual player, yet no one ever brings it up.

#ChrisPaulPrivilege
    It's always brought up, it was mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I just think the whole not getting to the finals/conference finals thing is way overblown.

When you break down CP3's career, he's been on 4 elite teams in 10 seasons. '08 Hornets and '13-'15 Clippers.

The other teams he's been on were either...

non playoff teams (rookie year, 2nd year, injured 45 game season in 2010) or overmatched teams that had no chance of getting to the WCF ('09 & '11 Hornets, '12 Clippers).

I've already explained what happened in 2013. Blake went down after game 4 when the series was tied 2-2 and barely played in the next 2 games. CP was excellent in games 5 and 6 but he was basically out there by himself against a better Grizzlies team. I don't think this should be held against him.

That leaves the '08 Spurs series, '14 Thunder series and the Rockets series last season.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism for these series. It's not like he was amazing. His last 2 games against the Spurs weren't that great and his game 5 finish against OKC was horrible. Plus you could criticize him for missing the first 2 games against Houston with injury.

I just don't think it's enough to start questioning his ability/impact or even to go as far as to start calling him a loser. It's 3 series against 2 higher seeded opponents that had homecourt and one against the defending champs that had the same record/were just as good as his team. In those 3 series combined he averaged almost 23/11/4 on 59 TS%.

If he had been in the east and those opponents were the Nets/Wizards/Hawks he'd likely have gotten to the conference finals or even the finals and no one would be questioning his greatness as a player.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    I just think the whole not getting to the finals/conference finals thing is way overblown.

When you break down CP3's career, he's been on 4 elite teams in 10 seasons. '08 Hornets and '13-'15 Clippers.

non playoff teams (rookie year, 2nd year, injured 45 game season in 2010) or overmatched teams that had no chance of getting to the WCF ('09 & '11 Hornets, '12 Clippers).

I've already explained what happened in 2013. Blake went down after game 4 when the series was tied 2-2 and barely played in the next 2 games. CP was excellent in games 5 and 6 but he was basically out there by himself against a better Grizzlies team. I don't think this should be held against him.

That leaves the '08 Spurs series, '14 Thunder series and the Rockets series last season.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism for these series. It's not like he was amazing. His last 2 games against the Spurs weren't that great and his game 5 finish against OKC was horrible. Plus you could criticize him for missing the first 2 games against Houston with injury.

I just don't think it's enough to start questioning his ability/impact or even to go as far as to start calling him a loser. It's 3 series against 2 higher seeded opponents that had homecourt and one against the defending champs that had the same record/were just as good as his team. In those 3 series combined he averaged almost 23/11/4 on 59 TS%.

If he had been in the east and those opponents were the Nets/Wizards/Hawks he'd likely have gotten to the conference finals or even the finals and no one would be questioning his greatness as a player.
    Who, that isn't a troll, is calling Chris Paul a career loser? I mean, I'm sure someone is, but I just don't see the point of basing all your posts off something nobody but ignorant posters are saying.

Those series aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. You seem to be advocating that they are nothing. Which is just false in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Who, that isn't a troll, is calling Chris Paul a career loser? I mean, I'm sure someone is, but I just don't see the point of basing all your posts off something nobody but ignorant posters are saying.

Those series aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. You seem to be advocating that they are nothing. Which is just false in my opinion.
    I see it all the time even by non trolls. It's a reputation he's definitely received that I don't feel he deserves.

And I'm not trying to say those series don't mean anything, I just don't think they're bad enough especially individually for CP. The way the Clippers have lost the last 2 seasons has been what looks bad but I think CP played well enough in all 3 series honestly. His game 5 against OKC has been literally his only bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    What the f*ck are you talking about? Blake led the Clippers to a win by himself in Game 1 vs the Rockets (he had 26/14/13). And had 34/15/4 in game 2 without Paul.

Definitely useless without Paul, RIGHT?

Blake's always been better without CP by the numbers. Sorry to f*ck up your narrative cuz.
    He looked useless as **** in Game 6 with a chance to win and go to the WCF

Where were those stats in game 6 cuz? After CP3 was hobbled with injury

Useless dog

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

This is well done, but I'll add another element. His teams have had very weak benches, I'm not talking about his backups per say but just as a whole. The result is that there are huge dropoffs and even he and his starters are gassed at the ends of games often leading to mistakes.

There's reason to be question him as yes he's not lived up in the playoffs to what we'd like, but things happen. That's just basketball.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

Useless dog
    Damn.

Banned

Also, if he were white he'd get called soft and a choker about 100000x more than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

Useless dog
    He had 28/8 on 12 of 20 shooting in game 6, cuz.

He had 27/11/6 on 13 of 23 shooting in game 7, dog.

OH SHIT SON, THERE GOES YOUR NARRATIVE FLYING OUT THE WINDOW.

Last edited by LoneyROY7; 10-18-2015 at 10:01 AM.