Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Question Predict 2013 Lebron stats in 1993 NBA

30/8/13 on 55%

He'll get a lot more assists and he'll have a lot more mismatch opportunities to score on in the post and isolation... Rebounds will pretty much be the same more or less...

Default Re: Predict 2013 Lebron stats in 1993 NBA

He doesnt have the isolation game to consistently break free from handchecking. Even today, he needs alot of picks to beat his man off the dribble at times, thats gonna be exasperated if his defender can put his hands on his hip or forearm in his back. He's also not going to be a great post presence, not moreso than today. There were way more legit bigs roaming the paint, and he doesnt have the consistent turnaround/fadeaway game with the footwork that MJ had down there. So major production from the post is unlikely, and paths to the basket wont be unobstructed like today with the no hand rules.

He'd probably average the same as he did in 2013, albeit on a a way lower percentage. Im thinking 27 on 48-49% to go with 7 rebounds/assists. His field goal % spiked from all the transition opportunities generated by the Heat, but outside those Heat years he's pretty much a 48-50% scorer.The 80s would have benefitted Lebron moreseo, the pace and run/gun style would benefit his athleticism and skillset to get out in transition. Alot of perimeter players shot 50% in that period, so he likely would be closer to the 53-55% mark in that era.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-16-2015 at 02:26 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    He doesnt have the isolation game to consistently break free from handchecking. Even today, he needs alot of picks to beat his man off the dribble at times, thats gonna be exasperated if his defender can put his hands on his hip or forearm in his back. He's also not going to be a great post presence, not moreso than today. There were way more legit bigs roaming the paint, and he doesnt have the consistent turnaround/fadeaway game with the footwork that MJ had down there. So major production from the post is unlikely, and paths to the basket wont be unobstructed like today with the no hand rules.He'd probably average the same as he did in 2013, albeit on a a way lower percentage. Im thinking 27 on 48% to go with 7 rebounds/assists.

The 80s would have benefitted Lebron moreseo, the pace and run/gun style would benefit his athleticism and skillset to get out in transition.
    You should really move to realgm, bro. I dunno why are you are wasting actual intelligent opinions on this elk? But, I also don't understand why I am either. I guess we are both ****ing morons who are gluttonous for punishment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    He doesnt have the isolation game to consistently break free from handchecking. Even today, he needs alot of picks to beat his man off the dribble at times, thats gonna be exasperated if his defender can put his hands on his hip or forearm in his back. He's also not going to be a great post presence, not moreso than today. There were way more legit bigs roaming the paint, and he doesnt have the consistent turnaround/fadeaway game with the footwork that MJ had down there. So major production from the post is unlikely, and paths to the basket wont be unobstructed like today with the no hand rules.He'd probably average the same as he did in 2013, albeit on a a way lower percentage. Im thinking 27 on 48% to go with 7 rebounds/assists.

The 80s would have benefitted Lebron moreseo, the pace and run/gun style would benefit his athleticism and skillset to get out in transition.
    So much wrong with this post

1993 MJ would STILL be the best player, but LeBron wouldn't be far behind IF AT ALL in the impact department.

I would say ~30/8/7 on 50% shooting.

Banned

It's like they think Handchecking is a one way street

Wrong

Lebron would be dropping the shoulder like he does today, except he would be doing it every chance he gets... Funny how you guys complain about him getting away with that, yet don't acknowledge how effective it would be in the 90's...

A 6-9 270 pound dude getting physically impeded by Chris Mullin? Yeah ****ing right son.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    So much wrong with this post
    Great rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You should really move to realgm, bro. I dunno why are you are wasting actual intelligent opinions on this elk? But, I also don't understand why I am either. I guess we are both ****ing morons who are gluttonous for punishment.
    Yeah tell me about it. Are there less agenda-ridden fanboy trolls over there?

It's like they think Handchecking is a one way street

Wrong

Lebron would be dropping the shoulder like he does today, except he would be doing it every chance he gets... Funny how you guys complain about him getting away with that, yet don't acknowledge how effective it would be in the 90's...

A 6-9 270 pound dude getting physically impeded by Chris Mullin? Yeah ****ing right son.
    Exactly why the Open Court panel all thought LeBron would be an even BETTER player in the 90's. The guy's defense would be ****ing scary.

Banned

Banned

Lebron would be a more effective post player in the 90's... Or atleast just as good

1. He would be posting up smaller dudes (He would be blowing by Anthony Mason)

2. He is not a technical/Hakeem esque/footwork post player, he is a physical post player

3. A physical player in a more physical league?

You cherry picked the right guy to make your point. Back in 93? What about Larry Johnson, Anthony Mason, Barkley, Rodman? What about Hakeem, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Mourning,Oakley, Malone, Kevin Willis, Kemp, Coleman, Otis Thorpe, the Davis Brothers? You think those guys are going to roll over? Lebron would he succesful in that era, but dont act like the league wasnt way more physical than it is today, or that he's going to be defended by Chris Mullin types every night. Yes, he can be more physical, but you had legit bruiser types in that era that would push back against Lebron's physicality.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-16-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Banned

Lebron is not going to post up a center you moron. Same way he'd just blow by Larry Johnson or Anthony Mason

Lebron is not going to post up a center you moron. Same way he'd just blow by Larry Johnson or Anthony Mason
    I didnt say he would, dumbass. You mean like how he was blowing by Boris Diaw. Its not strictly about his positional matchups, its about the much greater paint resistance. You had much bigger, stronger guys protecting the rim that could actually be physical. Would Lebron adapt? Of course, he's 6'8 and 260 or whatever. But 30ppg on 55%? Nope. Two guys put up 30ppg in the 90's, MJ and Malone( Nique came close in 93). I dont see Lebron being the third. But 27-28 on 49%? Sure, those arent scrub numbers. Rebounds? He barely gets 7 in this era and you think he's ecplising that in 93? Nope. Assists? Meh who cares, I suppose if he ball dominates as much as he does today, mind you he doesnt have all the spot up 3point shooters feeding off his drive and kicks, so assist numbers dont necessarily inflate either.

Anyways, I dont know how I got sucked into wasting my time in this thread, but Im out.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-16-2015 at 03:00 AM.

25/6/6 on 49%