Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who starts for the Hornets?

With MKG going down, just trying to figure out what kind of rotation this team is gonna run. Anyone watch preseason?

Kemba
    Lamb?
    Batum
    Zeller
    Jefferson

Lin and Williams first off the bench? That's pretty lousy. Maybe Hairston starts?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Who starts for the Hornets?

guessing: Kemba/Lamb/Batum/Marvin/Al

PF position pt dependent on the hot hand imo. At least until someone wins the spot... if that ever happens.

It should be Lin/Lin/Lin/Lin/Lin tho

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    With MKG going down, just trying to figure out what kind of rotation this team is gonna run. Anyone watch preseason?

Kemba
    Lamb?
    Batum
    Zeller
    Jefferson

Lin and Williams first off the bench? That's pretty lousy. Maybe Hairston starts?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

alf

Saw a basketball once

Lin is likely to play second and fourth quarters alongside Kemba. He probably will play more minutes than the starting-2, but he won't be it.

The position is up for grabs between Lamb and Hairston. Since Hairston is a horrific chucker (by my calculations, the second biggest chucker in the NBA last season - http://lamarmatic.com/2015/04/15/sea...-pj-hairston/), has ADHD on defense and is a very bad shooter for someone who supposedly is a three-point threat, Lamb basically has one task to get the starting slot - don't be PJ Hairston.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Just glad Marvin and Al are on their team and not the Jazz anymore.

look at the large pile of overpaid shit.
    how many top10 picks did they waste?
    how many bad trades did they do?
    what are the long term plans? (R: none)

Jordan

Decent college freshman

I'm guessing they'll start Lamb to hope for some better floor-spacing. I also think Zeller will start, with Williams & Kaminski being the 3rd/4th big men. Hawes will be 3rd string imo.

I don't see Hairston starting and Clifford is more likely to play 2 PGs than to give him a larger role. He was inconsistent on offense last year and was lost defensively. Clifford's job is on the line and is more likely to play the guys who trusts more.

I have to say this though- if Jordan turned down 4 first round picks to draft Kaminsky, he could have had Bobby Portis + 4 first round picks if he took that deal. Which would you rather do? Personally I would have just taken Winslow...

I am not impressed by that roster. Such a sad franchise. They feel like an expansion team in year 3.

Lin should start at the 2. Lamb off the bench. They give up some size at the 2 but not like Lamb is some kind of stopper. And Lamb is really just a scorer. Doesn't do anything else.

Funny that in the past Lin was the guy better suited to bring offense off the bench but not on this team.

Lin and Kemba also seem like they can play together.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Kemba Walker
    Jeremy Lamb
    Nicolas Batum
    Frank Kaminsky
    Al Jefferson

That's how it's going to be. This one's right. The others are wrong.

Bet Lin gets good amount of burn

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I'm guessing they'll start Lamb to hope for some better floor-spacing. I also think Zeller will start, with Williams & Kaminski being the 3rd/4th big men. Hawes will be 3rd string imo.

I don't see Hairston starting and Clifford is more likely to play 2 PGs than to give him a larger role. He was inconsistent on offense last year and was lost defensively. Clifford's job is on the line and is more likely to play the guys who trusts more.

I have to say this though- if Jordan turned down 4 first round picks to draft Kaminsky, he could have had Bobby Portis + 4 first round picks if he took that deal. Which would you rather do? Personally I would have just taken Winslow...
    Might as well trade Hawes than. Jazz could use him. They need Trey Burke?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Might as well trade Hawes than. Jazz could use him. They need Trey Burke?
    I think Charlotte would rather trade him than pay him the full MLE when they drafted a potentially better version of him in Kaminsky (not to mention that Zeller needs seasoning, still).

If I'm Charlotte, I'd propose something like Burke + Booker for Hawes. Doubt you'd want that, but I think they'd want to scoop up another big man. They could get some FA big for the end of the bench, though.

I'm low on both Burke and Hawes. Since they brought in Lin, I don't think they "need" Burke, especially since he might still struggle to contribute on either end, once again.

I'm not sure if any two of Kemba/Lin/Burke can really play together, since they're all at their best dominating the ball.

Wouldn't you rather the Jazz give Pleiss some burn this season? He's younger, cheaper, and maybe a better piece for the Jazz's future. It's been a really long time since Hawes has positively impacted an NBA team.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think Charlotte would rather trade him than pay him the full MLE when they drafted a potentially better version of him in Kaminsky (not to mention that Zeller needs seasoning, still).

If I'm Charlotte, I'd propose something like Burke + Booker for Hawes. Doubt you'd want that
    I'd probably do it if they think he can rebound from last year. They want to stretch the floor and pass the ball. He can hit 3's, pass and block shots too. Only thing I can see not liking besides he's a republican douche bag is the 3rd year on his deal when money will start to get tight but he'd be tradeable.

Booker will get paid next year and the Jazz won't want him past next year probably if even that with Lyles waiting in the wings. I'd throw in Pleiss. He looks better than I thought he would with his frame. Only guaranteed through next year at about the same as Hawes makes in one. Burke will be expiring if they don't pick up his contract for next year which the Jazz have yet to do. Jazz could take Roberts too.

, but I think they'd want to scoop up another big man. They could get some FA big for the end of the bench, though.

I'm low on both Burke and Hawes. Since they brought in Lin, I don't think they "need" Burke, especially since he might still struggle to contribute on either end, once again.
    He might look a lot better playing in the east. I'm certainly low on him. The fact that he is in the rotation and apparently starting again is making it real hard to get excited about this year.

I'm not sure if any two of Kemba/Lin/Burke can really play together, since they're all at their best dominating the ball.
    He could be 3rd pg. He's cheap. Hornets could save some money.

Wouldn't you rather the Jazz give Pleiss some burn this season? He's younger, cheaper, and maybe a better piece for the Jazz's future. It's been a really long time since Hawes has positively impacted an NBA team.
    Withey looks like he might be better than Pleiss.