Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Quiz: Which 4 Players in NBA History have had at least 100 Blocks, Steals AND 3Pters

Donyell Marshall?

Default Re: Quiz: Which 4 Players in NBA History have had at least 100 Blocks, Steals AND 3Pters

Draymond was one block away last season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Draymond was one steal away last season.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Got it
    Yea, after searching some of those players on bball-reference I was down to 2... I remember Matrix averaging like 2 steals and 2 blocks per game, while shooting the 3ball well...

Suprises me a bit that only 4 players have done it though... Guess it's a very elite club then...

Banned

How far was Westbrook last season?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Haha. I kept thinking Marion was active.

No, Just KD AD Matrix and Horry. Marshall was just 7 steals away in 2004, though, so excellent guess. I find Marshall fascinating for some reason, he wasn't a stud or anything, but good lord could he do a lot of different things. I bet he was a valuable fantasy player. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...marshdo01.html

Yeah Draymond will get it most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    How far was Westbrook last season?
    Didn't come close. He gets 30 blocks a season tops.

@Fallen Angel, Very Far. WB doesn't get blocks really. Only PGs who do at all that i can think of are MCW, Livingston, Wall and Bledsoe.

@ShaqisGOAT,

Yeah, though Bird would have had a better chance if he played in a league where more 3s were taken. For instance, in 1985, he had 129 steals and 98 blocks, but only attempted 131 3s (he made 56, or 42.7%).

I wonder if players who played in the past could have done it. Seems like Jerry West could have, no?

Banned

Do some more of these RRR3

Damn, Donyell Marshall surprised me...

Yea, Draymond will eventually do it.

@ShaqisGOAT,

Yeah, though Bird would have had a better chance if he played in a league where more 3s were taken. For instance, in 1985, he had 129 steals and 98 blocks, but only attempted 131 3s (he made 56, or 42.7%).

I wonder if players who played in the past could have done it. Seems like Jerry West could have, no?
    True, he definitely would've pulled the 3's off if he played in "3pt era"...
    For the blocks, he was 2 away once so I don't know, maybe if zone was legal in the rule book... Can't tell.

Jerry West maybe, yea, I don't know about the blocks though...

Jerry Lucas would've been another great "choice".

If Jack Sikma came up with the 3pt-line he would've stood pretty good chances... In 1982 he had 102 steals and 107 blocks, but only really started to shoot 3's later on in his final years, once making 82 of them shooting 38%.

Gervin, English and McAdoo pulled off 100 steals/blocks, and they could really shoot that thing but didn't come up with the 3pt-line nor played in 3pt-era.

The reason I thought West could do it is because at 35 in 1974 (his final season) he averaged 2.6 SPG and 0.7 BPG (3.0 and 0.9 per 36 minutes). And I know he could shoot it. Granted he only played 31 games.

It's also surprising LeBron hasn't done this. He was closest in 2009, but was 7 block short.

Decent playground baller

Who do you guys think (amongst active players) can join this club?

I think if AD becomes a good 3Pt shooter he could. Terrence Jones if he breaks out?
    Danny Green has a good shot.

Horry?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Players who could do it today? Well KD did it once, so I imagine he could do it again. I can't see AD ever putting in 100 threes in a season, even if he develops a good 3-point shot. Draymond Green is your best bet to join that club though.

And BTW, fantastic thread RRR3, good job