Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Because there are no fours: 5 or more 3PA/G but 30% or less on 3s

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I'll give it a try....

Nick Van Exel
    Vernon Maxwell
    Yep.

Aj, no Rio didn't do it, although he did shoot below 30% IIRC.

Hint: The final guy was an All-Star and averaged over 25 PPG, but not in the same season.

3-time NBA All-Star

shaq magic bran

Update: B-Ball reference appears to have made an error, because Derrick Rose accomplished this "feat" last year, and definitely qualified for the 3PT% leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    shaq magic bran
    Shaq didn't take 3s, Magic didn't take many, and when he did he was competent, and LeBron is a pretty decent 3PT shooter.

Shaq. wtf

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Hint: The final guy was an All-Star and averaged over 25 PPG, but not in the same season.
    Stackhouse
    Drexler
    Dominique
    Mullin

Any of them??

EDIT: Just checked. Nope, none of them.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 10-17-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Banned

Penny Hardaway
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Spree
    Allen Houston

Jerry Stackhouse would be my guess, but I think he peaked higher than 25ppg.

Could be Sprewell but I can't believe he'd be up at 5 3s a game.

No, none of those guys AFAIK. I'm kinda suspicious of B-Ref's definition of "qualifying for the 3PT% leaderboard" now though so take this with a grain of salt.

Final hint: not only did this guy shoot below 30% on 3s, he took over 8 a game!

Spree averaged 5+ 3PA/G twice, but acquitted himself fairly well both times.

Banned

Reggie Miller is the only player I could imagine taking all those threes

Banned

Was gonna guess T-Mac, but he checks out. Came pretty close though, 4.5 3PA/game on 29.2% in 2007-2008.

It's not Clyde Drexler is it?

Edit: nope, not even close.

No, its not Drexler do you guys just want me to tell you or keep guessing?

I'm gonna practice guitar and go out pretty soon, so let me know.

I just learned that Michael Jordan has never taken more than 3.6 3pas a game for a season. His career average is 1.7. In Washington he took about 0.8. Let that be a lesson to the younguns...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    No, its not Drexler do you guys just want me to tell you or keep guessing?

I'm gonna practice guitar and go out pretty soon, so let me know.
    Tell us before you go at least. I'm curious and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find it.... not an expert on 90s stuff.

8 3pa's, though... that's crazy. I can't think who it is, but that's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I just learned that Michael Jordan has never taken more than 3.6 3pas a game for a season. His career average is 1.7. In Washington he took about 0.8. Let that be a lesson to the younguns...
    Not taking them in Washington didn't help his efficiency. granted he was a grandpa by then and its impressive he was still productive