Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How many PG's have averaged 25/5/5 in modern era?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    Read my post above you, Even WITH Bosh, Wade still went below .500

And Westbrook is 26-27, at that age Wade was losing in the 1st round and missing the playoffs, stop lying

So, basically everything you posted was wrong, try again.
    You CAN'T be serious.

Deflections

Even WITH Bosh, Wade still went below .500

A lottery team in the weak East, just stop it

Westbrook was above .500 WITHOUT Durant

Think about it...

seriously..

Wade WITH Bosh and Whiteside = below .500

Westbrook WITHOUT Durant and Ibaka = above .500

This is not even close, Wade is like 2 tiers below Westbrook

Again, ****tard, you're comparing prime/peak WB, who missed the PO's WITH Ibaka and KD, to a 33 year old Wade.

Which LeTurd stan are you, BTW??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

So saying Westbrook >> Wade makes me a Lestan?

Its called being objective, I destroyed all your arguments and you couldnt say anything

Westbrook did more with f*cking Steve Adams and Jeremy Lamb than Wade did in the games he played with Bosh and Whiteside

Decent college freshman

Again, ****tard, you're comparing prime/peak WB, who missed the PO's WITH Ibaka and KD, to a 33 year old Wade.

Wade is so good he compares past prime Wade to Peak/Prime Westbrook

It's pointless arguing with that guy. I said that at Westbrook's age Wade won a title playing at a historic level and he countered that with "Westbrook is a year older, stop lying".

Westbrook isn't a PG.

Being a scorer and having the highest single season usage rate in NBA history are 2 different things.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Current Westbrook > Prime Wade

Deflections

Even WITH Bosh, Wade still went below .500

A lottery team in the weak East, just stop it

Westbrook was above .500 WITHOUT Durant

Think about it...

seriously..

Wade WITH Bosh and Whiteside = below .500

Westbrook WITHOUT Durant and Ibaka = above .500

This is not even close, Wade is like 2 tiers below Westbrook

Wait, PRIME WADE (the one you compared Westbrook to in your original post) was teammates with Whiteside and was below .500?

Or are you that dumb to forget your original post had the word "PRIME" in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I've never gotten this logic. Out of all the great PGs in NBA history, how many of them save for like 3 weren't known for being big time scorers?
    Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Kidd, Nash, Cousy, Paul, Frazier.

Basically just Big O and West were dominant scorers (if you consider West a PG). Payton perhaps as well, but I never really considered him a "big time scorer".

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    Modern era (1980-)

AFAIK..Russell GOATbrook is the only point guard to do it...averaged 28/7/9 previous season.

Most productive player in the league, most alpha player in the league
    You know the game is watered down and inferior to past era's when you have PG's averaging 28 ppg. And these viewers of inferior era ball wonder why no one will ever beat John Stockton's assist record.

Usage rate is a function that takes into account turnovers and assists as well as field goal attempts. Add that together with the fact that Westbrook plays on a team that relies heavily on its two superstars and one of them was out for the majority of the season it's no surprise that his USG% was so high.

That doesn't mean he isn't a point guard.
    What makes him a PG and not guys like Wade, Lebron or Harden? Besides him being listed as one?

Other than him being a primary ballhandler nothing about his game says he's a point guard. He jacks up shots like Kobe despite shooting below league average every season, he isn't a great distributor, doesn't take care of the ball or play with any control or pace.

When he's out there, his first instinct isn't always to get his team the highest % shot possible. That's what a PG is supposed to do, not jack up more FG attempts than one of the greatest scorers ever.

I'm sorry but no PG should ever use the same amount of possessions as Jordan/Kobe/Wilt in their seasons on bad teams especially when they're not efficient.

Magic had multiple 30 and 40 point playoff games and in the early 90s the Lakers offense was centered around him being a threat from the post. Sure, he could've been a 24ppg career scorer if he wanted but he still had times when he would go and get his

Isiah was doing 25 a game during the Pistons run & gun years. He set the finals records for points in a quarter. He was known as a relentless attacker with crazy handle

Kidd got more praise in the '03 playoffs than he did in the regular season when his scoring was up (over 20ppg) and his assists were down

Cousy had multiple playoff runs shooting around 20fga and also shooting between 35-40% from the field. No one told him to stop shooting

I've seen Gary Payton have consecutive games shooting like 23-24 times a game and no one cared. No one said he wasn't a PG.

People always cite Stockton and Nash as the two main examples of the way a "true" PG should play, because they are the only examples. And that's all well and good, I'm not saying that it's not, I just don't get this notion where shooting the ball a lot is something that's new for PGs and all PGs prior to 2008 all played like Rondo in 2011

PGs like Stockton and Nash are the exception, not the rule. It's like people think PGs can't have plays called for themselves. Is Eric Snow more of a PG than Westbrook because he sat and passed the ball instead of shooting it?
    I never said some of those guys weren't capable scorers, but scoring wasn't the primary focus of their game. It's more about mentality than ability. A guy like Westbrook is a scorer first and foremost.

As Young X mentioned, guys like Wade, Lebron, Harden, and even Jordan and Kobe could be called point guards since they are primary ball handlers. It's semantics really.

Very good NBA starter

Westbrook>Wade

I dont ever see Westbrook falling off the planet like Wade did from 2011-2015

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Westbrook>Wade

Yup, and Westbrook and Wade already have had the same amount of knee surgeries, so the 'injury' excuse every Wade stan in this thread used goes out the window

So either way you look at it, peak, prime, career Westbrook > Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Westbrook>Wade

Over the course of those 5 years Wade has averaged 22/5/5 on 50% and been a 5x all star. If that's falling off the planet then I guess prime Wade was GOAT level.

Plus I'm not sure why you're even including 2011 and 2012 since he was obviously still an elite player those years.