Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How many PG's have averaged 25/5/5 in modern era?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    Yup, and Westbrook and Wade already have had the same amount of knee surgeries, so the 'injury' excuse every Wade stan in this thread used goes out the window

So either way you look at it, peak, prime, career Westbrook > Wade
    Just stop it. Seriously. It's been thoroughly established that prime Wade was better and in terms of career Westbrook isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Magic had multiple 30 and 40 point playoff games and in the early 90s the Lakers offense was centered around him being a threat from the post. Sure, he could've been a 24ppg career scorer if he wanted but he still had times when he would go and get his

Isiah was doing 25 a game during the Pistons run & gun years. He set the finals records for points in a quarter. He was known as a relentless attacker with crazy handle

Kidd got more praise in the '03 playoffs than he did in the regular season when his scoring was up (over 20ppg) and his assists were down

Cousy had multiple playoff runs shooting around 20fga and also shooting between 35-40% from the field. No one told him to stop shooting

I've seen Gary Payton have consecutive games shooting like 23-24 times a game and no one cared. No one said he wasn't a PG.

People always cite Stockton and Nash as the two main examples of the way a "true" PG should play, because they are the only examples. And that's all well and good, I'm not saying that it's not, I just don't get this notion where shooting the ball a lot is something that's new for PGs and all PGs prior to 2008 all played like Rondo in 2011

PGs like Stockton and Nash are the exception, not the rule. It's like people think PGs can't have plays called for themselves. Is Eric Snow more of a PG than Westbrook because he sat and passed the ball instead of shooting it?
    You're using minuscule sample sizes. Isiah was always ~20 PPG and went over like twice, peaking at ~22, IIRC. Same with Magic, Kidd, GP, and Cousy.

All those players were known for their high IQ, decision and playmaking. Nobody really says "Oh wow! Kidd was a terrific scorer!". That wasn't their game. Sure, Magic, Isiah, etc. could score if they wanted to. Heck, if Magic decided to be a scoring PF, he could've have a career stat line of 26/12/6 easily. As I said, that wasn't them though. They all had extremely high IQ's and looked to make the perfect play, rather than try to take over a game with their forced scoring. That's what a PG is supposed to do. Get the best available shot for yourself or you teammate.

I've seen Westbrook dribble up to the key and launch a 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock and a defender in his grill. That's just retarded basketball. I'd bet that those others have done if fewer times in their careers, than WB did in the last season alone.

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it. The best example is from 2 seasons ago. I still remember that play. There was around 18 seconds on the clock. WB was brining up the ball and KD was WIDE open on the left side of the key. Dude just launched a contested 3 from the top of the key. With a wide open KD and still ~18 seconds left on the clock. How many of those other PG did stupid shit like that. It's not like it's an isolated incident either. Dude does shit like that constantly.

The highest percentage shot is 9/10 one that is generated by Westbrook, whether it involves him shooting or getting one of his 8 assists per game.
    Are you forgetting that he also racked up ~4.5-5 TOV's a game? That he shot ~42% and under 30% from the 3? Are you implying that there was no better shot available all those times he launched ill-advised contested shots?

Considering the Thunder's circumstances last year, what was Westbrook supposed to do? They had a myriad of injuries, and that's not even including Durant. Again, I'm not even saying that way he plays is the best possible way. I just don't get the logic behind people saying that he's not a PG because he shoots a lot.
    He is a PG, but he more often than not plays like a 2 guard. He's basically a 2 guard stuck in the body of a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Just stop it. Seriously. It's been thoroughly established that prime Wade was better and in terms of career Westbrook isn't even close.
    Ignore them. They're retarded Bran stans.

Yup, and Westbrook and Wade already have had the same amount of knee surgeries, so the 'injury' excuse every Wade stan in this thread used goes out the window

this is too dumb

Decent college freshman

So either way you look at it, peak, prime, career Westbrook > Wade
    You're trolling is horrible. I'm upset that you're trolling is this pathetic and not even you saying Westbrook > Wade
    Last edited by Wade's Rings; 10-18-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wade averaged 30 ppg on 49% yet Westbrook is a better scorer? Wade's most inefficient shooting season of his career is better than Westbrook's best. Prime Wade was also a much better defender and much more intelligent. Wade led the league in scoring while also finishing 3rd in DPOY. He had a better assist to turnover ratio and was a more efficient playmaker. Also, get back to me when Westbrook carries a team to a title averaging 35/8/4/3 with a 30+ PER.

Westbrook is a better rebounder. That's it.

BTW, I was half joking and basically playing devil's advocate when I posted Westbrook's FG% and TO's. He's obviously a teriffic player.

Footwork and post game:
    Wade>>Westbrook

Deflections

Even WITH Bosh, Wade still went below .500

A lottery team in the weak East, just stop it

Westbrook was above .500 WITHOUT Durant

Think about it...

seriously..

Wade WITH Bosh and Whiteside = below .500

Westbrook WITHOUT Durant and Ibaka = above .500

This is not even close, Wade is like 2 tiers below Westbrook

This just won the arguement!

rank sentamentalist

its certainly no sign of how good of a player you are

does show you're a tenacious rebounder and a shot jocker though