Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default What makes America a "free country?"

I'm just having a really difficult time trying to understand how a country can make organic plants illegal and throw people in jail for possessing them and still be called a free country. Especially considering that said plants have never been responsible for death, brain damage, or any other physical ailments.

Hell, even Vitamin B17 is illegal in America. How can you make a naturally occurring vitamin THAT KILLS CANCER CELLS illegal and still be a free country? How does that make any sense at all?

Enlighten me

Default Re: What makes America a "free country?"

You can be gay and not thrown from a rooftop.

Freedom doesnt mean you can do whatever the hell you want, as every society needs law and structure.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

pot is legal in 4 states, decriminalized in 11 others...won't be long till it is legal all over

stop whining and pretending you aren't "free"

certainly the freedom of speech which it takes serious like pretty much no other country

as far as your plants are concerned, i'm for legalization but i think you got a problem mate

Nothing, its a police state. Welcome to 1984 humanoids, its your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    certainly the freedom of speech which it takes serious like pretty much no other country

as far as your plants are concerned, i'm for legalization but i think you got a problem mate
    bahahahhaha

Banned

Then why is the Democratic party attempting to censor and regulate freedom of speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Then why is the Democratic party attempting to censor and regulate freedom of speech?
    idk nothing about it, link me mate

Banned

How can a government decide that some things that grow from the earth should be illegal? Is that free?

Banned

The FDA banned a ****ing vitamin that kills cancer cells (this is why it was made illegal) and yet this is a free country?

GTFOH

I want to burn an American flag on national tv while smoking a foot long joint

Quote Originally Posted by The Valley
    How can a government decide that some things that grow from the earth should be illegal?
    it can cause people burning flags or going all crazy on basketball message boards mate

The FDA banned a ****ing vitamin that kills cancer cells (this is why it was made illegal) and yet this is a free country?

GTFOH

I want to burn an American flag on national tv while smoking a foot long joint
    Nothing in the world stopping you from doing that. If you don't do it one of the four states where possession of pot is legal, be prepared to end up in court.

Freedom =\= exempt from consequences for stupidity.

We can criticize the government for the most part, we also live by a rule of law that keeps us from eating each other like animals. Much as I hate to admit it, the American Congress is still technically legitimate even though the people who run it mostly don't give a **** about the voters who got them in on a national level.

I'm just having a really difficult time trying to understand how a country can make organic plants illegal and throw people in jail for possessing them and still be called a free country. Especially considering that said plants have never been responsible for death, brain damage, or any other physical ailments.

Hell, even Vitamin B17 is illegal in America. How can you make a naturally occurring vitamin THAT KILLS CANCER CELLS illegal and still be a free country? How does that make any sense at all?

Enlighten me
    Did you Lensanity account get banned?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    We can criticize the government for the most part, we also live by a rule of law that keeps us from eating each other like animals. Much as I hate to admit it, the American Congress is still technically legitimate even though the people who run it mostly don't give a **** about the voters who got them in on a national level.
    All of that is true, but how can you make nature illegal?

All of that is true, but how can you make nature illegal?
    Crocodiles, Lions, Bears; all are part of nature and yest in most places illegal to own. Cocaine is from the coca plant, also illegal.

I'm actually for legalizing marijuana, but the fact that one item happens to be illegal does not make the country unfree