Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Explain to me, in detail, how Wade is better than West...

Meh I meant same tier as a guard. But in that case, people have Isiah Thomas 15-20, and I don't see why Wade wouldn't be ranked higher than him.

1 = Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Oscar
    2 = West, Wade, Isiah, ...

I see them on the same level. If West were in his prime back when Wade and Lebron were running the league, I think Wade vs. West would be a very hot topic of debate. You have to account for his bball IQ and clutchness.

And considering how short Wade's prime was (was it even 4 years?), I don't think he'd be remembered as the greater player today.

At the same time when those two were at the top along with Kobe, Steve Nash was winning MVPs. If Nash can win MVPs in today's league, why not West? And West was an impact player defensively as well from what I understand, so the one-way player argument that always held Nash back in these discussions wouldn't work.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I made this comment earlier today, I'll respond more in depth in a little bit, I'm currently walking home

Pretty much any argument against Wade is going to start and end with his relative lack of longevity. You'd be hard pressed to find many 2-guards that peaked higher. His 2009 level really started after the 2006 title, but he got injured in 2007 and 2008. He was putting up like 29,7,7 or something like that in 2007 before the shoulder injury.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    I made this comment earlier today, I'll respond more in depth in a little bit, I'm currently walking home
    Have a good walk home bro.. is it a joyful walk? You walking past some green? Nice scenery? Like a good walk.. good area, music, or none, if you just feel like being present.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Have a good walk home bro.. is it a joyful walk? You walking past some green? Nice scenery? Like a good walk.. good area, music, or none, if you just feel like being present.
    Yeah, I'm walking through a park right now listening to some Ellie Goulding. Kind of chilly, but not too bad

NBA Superstar

Yeah, I'm walking through a park right now listening to some Ellie Goulding. Kind of chilly, but not too bad
    Where?

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Where?
    At BYU

At BYU
    Steve Young

Wade perhaps had a better peak, but who the hell in their right mind has Wade above West on an all-time list???

Wade's health issues cost him an opportunity to contend for a top 15 spot.

West is in the 11-14 range, Wade is usually 22-27, so no, they're not the same tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron
    Wade's prime is too short to have him above West
    True .

WayOfWade

Steve Young
    Jimmer Fredette!!! Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I see them on the same level. If West were in his prime back when Wade and Lebron were running the league, I think Wade vs. West would be a very hot topic of debate. You have to account for his bball IQ and clutchness.

And considering how short Wade's prime was (was it even 4 years?), I don't think he'd be remembered as the greater player today.

At the same time when those two were at the top along with Kobe, Steve Nash was winning MVPs. If Nash can win MVPs in today's league, why not West? And West was an impact player defensively as well from what I understand, so the one-way player argument that always held Nash back in these discussions wouldn't work.
    '05-'12 and considered by many to be a star in '13 as well (injuries hampered his PO's though).

MVP? Sure, if he was on a good team. Kobe on good teams would've won MVP's in '06 and '07. Wade could've won MVP if he was on a ~60 win team in '09 and '10.

Miami Heat average pace from '04-'15 - 95
    Lakers' average pace from '61-'74 - 115.
    Last edited by aj1987; 10-23-2015 at 02:08 PM.

rank sentamentalist

we're about to find out this season

dwyane wade has never been so well rested. he missed a quarter of the regular season and his team missed the playoffs last year. his team is being called the most interesting in the league heading into one of recent memory's more interesting seasons. he has never had such an eclectic group of talent around him where he is the go to guy and defacto leader. we'll measure their potential as a unit by how well he plays.

he does have the opportunity to be better than west. he needs to put together a string of competitive series against lebron james and the cavs... pit himself square against the king and make a valiant effort. even if he doesn't win, that will cement his place.

but if he bows out early this season with injury, or if he lets the team crumble around him and give up, i think you have to give the logo a clear edge.

I'd roll with The Logo only because of his superior longevity. I believe as SG's, they're in the same tier though (impact on both ends and whatnot).

Wade's defense is what REALLY gets underlooked. Dude is arguably the greatest shot-blocker at his position.