Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ref gives foul call to Jordan

Jesus . Imagine if Kobe had the privileges this "all time great" had .

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Refs were under strict orders from Stern to protect the league's golden boy at all costs. Jordan is the only player in NBA history who could throw punches and curse out refs without even having a technical called against him.
    Jordan, untouchable part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg

Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Jesus . Imagine if Kobe had the privileges this "all time great" had .
    The NBA changed the rules to make it easier for Bean to score after he was clowned by Tayshaun Prince in 2004. What more could he possibly want?

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApM9NhTR2c#t=1m7s

You think so Michael...? Well okay then...*calls foul*

MJ had the league in the palm of his hands
    I can't believe you are so dumb you think the call was related to the conversation.

"Controversy surrounded the Jordan-Miller incident. Jordan was not ejected or even given a foul after the fight, but Miller was ejected. That infuriated the Pacers guard, who contended that a double standard existed in the league because of Jordan's superstar status.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I can't believe you are so dumb you think the call was related to the conversation.
    Add the context please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Add the context please.
    MJ was asking for a double-dribble before the foul call, so he pleaded with the ref and I guess convinced him?

I took the video out of context, but the few posts in here have helped back my point.

And yeah, Harden = the GOAT beneficiary of bullshit calls. Him and Maggette were/are the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    MJ was asking for a double-dribble before the foul call, so he pleaded with the ref and I guess convinced him?

I took the video out of context, but the few posts in here have helped back my point.

And yeah, Harden = the GOAT beneficiary of bullshit calls. Him and Maggette were/are the absolute worst.
    the 1988-89 season MJ went to the line an avg. of 9.8x per game.

His next highest FTA per game was........the 1997-98 season when he avg. 8.8 per game. How could someone (out of his prime) who drives less to the basket due to lost athleticism and now settling for more jumpers/set shots be getting to line almost as much as he did ( in his prime) 9yrs prior?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

His next highest FTA per game was........the 1997-98 season when he avg. 8.8 per game. How could someone (out of his prime) who drives less to the basket due to lost athleticism and now settling for more jumpers/set shots be getting to line almost as much as he did ( in his prime) 9yrs prior?

I am sure you have already looked at the general level of free throw attempts in total and for wing players right?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I am sure you have already looked at the general level of free throw attempts in total and for wing players right?
    All 34yr old wings (out of their prime) who doesn't drive to the basket nearly as much as they did 9yrs prior and was still being pushed as the face of the league?

What other wings were there that year who fit the above category?

what a shit ref... any ref with a set of balls would just walk away. i guess mike just commands that much respect.

The league was getting softer and softer on his way to what it is today? The only question is how dumb are you?

This retard just tried to use a pro-Jordan argument as an anti-jordan argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    The league was getting softer and softer on his way to what it is today? The only question is how dumb are you?

This retard just tried to use a pro-Jordan argument as an anti-jordan argument.
    Glad you used this ,buckwheat...... because your "in depth analysis" clearly shows you're confused.

Very good NBA starter

"Controversy surrounded the Jordan-Miller incident. Jordan was not ejected or even given a foul after the fight, but Miller was ejected. That infuriated the Pacers guard, who contended that a double standard existed in the league because of Jordan's superstar status.

Is that the reason miller clearly pushed off mj in the ECF

That foul was against Jordan's teammate. They were talking about whether or not the offensive player double dribbled before the foul. The ref didn't cave to Jordan by changing the call.