Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting inside story about 2002 WCF game 6

According to a very reliable insider,
    during half time, Lakers asked David Stern if they could replace their 3 refs for 3 additional players on the court. They were shocked when David Stern refused.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Interesting inside story about 2002 WCF game 6

I rule the local playground

Another lame conspiracy nut.

People complain about the lakers getting 15 more FTs than Sac in Gm 6 (bearing in mind, this was in the era of Shaq being fouled constantly inside to slow him down), but will ignore other things like Sac getting 20 more FTA than the Lakers in Gm 3... Selective conspiracy nuts are the worst

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic

People complain about the lakers getting 15 more FTs than Sac in Gm 6 (bearing in mind, this was in the era of Shaq being fouled constantly inside to slow him down), but will ignore other things like Sac getting 20 more FTA than the Lakers in Gm 3... Selective conspiracy nuts are the worst
    I don't think its the amount of FT's at all

I think its an entire nation + commentators that were pretty shocked to see what was happening infront of their eyes, you dumb f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qfp-2j1yoQ

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

I think its an entire nation + commentators that were pretty shocked to see what was happening infront of their eyes, you dumb f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k
    I think you're missing his point.

While the Lakers may have gotten away with shoddy calls (or non-calls), the refs made up for that by allowing Sacramento to parade at the FT line.

Game 6 was poorly officiated. Nobody that isn't trolling will deny that. Sacramento had their chances though. Game 7 at home and they promptly choked...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24

While the Lakers may have gotten away with shoddy calls (or non-calls), the refs made up for that by allowing Sacramento to parade at the FT line.

Game 6 was poorly officiated. Nobody that isn't trolling will deny that. Sacramento had their chances though. Game 7 at home and they promptly choked...
    Too far bro. Too ****ing far.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Too far bro. Too ****ing far.
    Kings have a strong team this year. I got ya'll as the darkhorses

they didn't allow Sacramento to parade at all though.. I don't understand why Laker fans always have to act like the Kings in return got a favorable hand as well.

Kings choked at home, or its just a close loss in a great game.. whatever it was, I won't try to take away the Lakers' title.

they didn't allow Sacramento to parade at all though.. I don't understand why Laker fans always have to act like the Kings in return got a favorable hand as well.

Kings choked at home, or its just a close loss in a great game.. whatever it was, I won't try to take away the Lakers' title.
    In Game 3? I gotta disagree. Every call went Sacramento's way, but it was a blowout so nobody really talks about it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...26&postcount=1

^This is probably one of the greatest breakdowns of Game 6 I've seen.

Now obviously there were a few bad calls, as chazzy pointed out, but the ones he highlighted were definitely interesting. Its a great read, and while I may have bias, not sure I've seen anybody FACTUALLY counter those points he laid out.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Do you know how many FTs they shot?

I don't hear any of you bringing game 3 when all those Phantom calls were going the Kings way, oh wait I forgot, you started watching Basketball when Lebron went to Miami....

The Queens choked despite ref help

I agree.

It's more about Sac starters getting into foul trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTjOPImyts
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 10-24-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic

What about the phantom calls to get key Kings players in foul trouble?

In Game 3? I gotta disagree. Every call went Sacramento's way, but it was a blowout so nobody really talks about it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...26&postcount=1

^This is probably one of the greatest breakdowns of Game 6 I've seen.

Now obviously there were a few bad calls, as chazzy pointed out, but the ones he highlighted were definitely interesting. Its a great read, and while I may have bias, not sure I've seen anybody FACTUALLY counter those points he laid out.
    When you dislike a team, every foul in their favorite pisses you off. No matter how logical the breakdown is, certain people here are convinced that the series was rigged, and nothing will ever change that. It's akin to a religious belief. When you don't want to see things differently, you never will.