Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Better player: Curry or Wade?

Peak Wade better .

Two totally different players and two different positions

Peak Curry = 2005 Wade, minus freak injury in the conference finals.
    so...

Wade>>Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Peak Curry = 2005 Wade, minus freak injury in the conference finals.
    so...

Wade>>Curry.
    how do you think peak Wade would react to modern defenses while being a leading man. Wade had a great midrange game but the game has changed and those are not good shots.

OP you hated Curry's 'hype', convinced somewhat or just fooling?

'06 Wade is in no way easily to roll over to last year Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    how do you think peak Wade would react to modern defenses while being a leading man. Wade had a great midrange game but the game has changed and those are not good shots.
    Why do we according to present dynamics?
    Last edited by feyki; 10-24-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Why do we according to present dynamics?
    The rules were the same back when Wade played but the game has evolved. It makes more sense to not exclude advanced defenses imo. But your viewpoint is valid. I'd rather not ignore the evolution of the game and focus on transition period (Wade's era).

It's not like the game is VASTLY different, and it's irrelevant anyway. Peak Wade was unstoppable getting to the rim and was one of the best finishers in NBA history. His mid range game was always a supplement to his freakish penetrating and finishing ability. Put peak Wade in today's game and he's still getting 27-30 ppg on great efficiency.

He's also giving you 7+ assists, 2+ steals, 1+ blocks, and outstanding overall defense. He's one of only 3 players ever to lead the league in scoring and finish top 3 in DPOY (MJ and D-Rob).

In terms of 2006 Wade, I'm not sure Curry could do what Wade did in the playoffs that season. Few players in history could. Conversely I'm quite confident prime Wade could win a title with the Warrior's current roster. He'd obviously do it in a different way, but I think the team would be just as good overall and better defensively.

33 year old Wade averaged 22/5/4 on 47% last season.

The rules were the same back when Wade played but the game has evolved. It makes more sense to not exclude advanced defenses imo. But your viewpoint is valid. I'd rather not ignore the evolution of the game and focus on transition period (Wade's era).
    True , I agree for prime Wade isn't perfect fit for present dynamics. But players value for peak different situation . We must metric the impact of their era . 2006-2009 Wade or 2015 Curry ? Which one more impact to the game of his era ?
    Last edited by feyki; 10-24-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

I am a Heat fan but I have to admit Curry is better.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    True , I agree for prime Wade isn't perfect fit for present dynamics. But players value for peak different situation . We must metric the impact of their era . 2006-2009 Wade or 2015 Curry ? Which one more impact to the game of his era ?
    Peak for Peak, Wade was the better scorer. Curry has him beat in both 3's and FT's, but Wade's incredible slashing game (and ability to average 30 PPG) gives him the edge there. Curry is the better passer, I'm not going to debate that. Wade is the better rebounder here, although Curry is a great rebounder for a PG. Wade runs away with it on defense however, both got 2+ steals but Wade has the blocks and is better man to man. Still though, I'm impressed by Curry, he's a very good player and this is a good comparison. As for impact on era, they're equal in my mind

Easily Wade for me years 06-10. I might even take 2011 Wade over 15 Curry. Curry last Finals was meh it was nothing impressive he had some bad games early than some average nothing great.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 10-24-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Peak for Peak, Wade was the better scorer. Curry has him beat in both 3's and FT's, but Wade's incredible slashing game (and ability to average 30 PPG) gives him the edge there. Curry is the better passer, I'm not going to debate that. Wade is the better rebounder here, although Curry is a great rebounder for a PG. Wade runs away with it on defense however, both got 2+ steals but Wade has the blocks and is better man to man. Still though, I'm impressed by Curry, he's a very good player and this is a good comparison. As for impact on era, they're equal in my mind
    Good post , same for me .

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Rent Free AMC