Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2015-16 Utah Jazz - The tanking is over!

I will say I'm loving Hood more and more every game I watch him. Just the fact that he played for Duke makes me think he'll be a Loul Deng type for the team.

Plumlee ejected for a shot on Ingles. But tough, but it's head contact, so I guess they don't mess around with that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I will say I'm loving Hood more and more every game I watch him. Just the fact that he played for Duke makes me think he'll be a Loul Deng type for the team.
    I'm just hoping he can keep it up. I thought he'd be doing this all year. Not sure why he started slow after his strong finish.

Favors with the block party again, although he missed most everything he took.

I like Neto, but his lack of ability/willingness to finish at the hoop hurts a bit at times. Had a few tight shot clocks at the end there because he'd drive, opponents wouldn't bite, so he couldn't kick it out to an open man, would dish it back out and there'd only be 3-5 seconds left.

i watched pleiss and it was horrible.
    seriously. his foul trouble is due to his slowness. same goes for his TO. he is slow, too skinny (tough is weight is OK) is shot release is too slow as well.

Banned

17-12 with Gobert vs 7-13 without him. As long as he is healthy playoff is a definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    i watched pleiss and it was horrible.
    seriously. his foul trouble is due to his slowness. same goes for his TO. he is slow, too skinny (tough is weight is OK) is shot release is too slow as well.
    That's what I thought when I watched a D-league game but he looked like a legit NBA role player in the couple games he got quality minutes for the Jazz. I also think Withey is better than Lyles and arguably Booker though so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    17-12 with Gobert vs 7-13 without him. As long as he is healthy playoff is a definitive.
    you'd never think he was that valuable if you paid attention to the media and announcers

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    you'd never think he was that valuable if you paid attention to the media and announcers
    This guy at Sports Illustrated does...
    http://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/03/rud...e-stifle-tower
    Great read if you haven't seen it yet.

As for the Jazz, I am so stoked they are only 1 game below .500, I'm going to the Suns game tonight to watch them finally hit it.
    As the standings are now, the Jazz, Rockets, and Mavs all have 25 losses, do any of you think the Jazz will pass either the Rockets or Mavs as the year goes on?

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Favors with the block party again, although he missed most everything he took.

I like Neto, but his lack of ability/willingness to finish at the hoop hurts a bit at times. Had a few tight shot clocks at the end there because he'd drive, opponents wouldn't bite, so he couldn't kick it out to an open man, would dish it back out and there'd only be 3-5 seconds left.
    Yeah, Neto's lack of aggression in the paint is disconcerting, but he seems happy firing away from 3 which is pretty good for me. That's the next step though, driving and finishing more consistently

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You

I wasn't that impressed with Whiteside in the game against the Jazz though he was supposedly playing hurt.
    Yeah, I read that while he blocks a lot, he allows 47% shooting at the rim whereas Gobert only allows 40%

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    This guy at Sports Illustrated does...
    Great read if you haven't seen it yet.

As for the Jazz, I am so stoked they are only 1 game below .500, I'm going to the Suns game tonight to watch them finally hit it.
    As the standings are now, the Jazz, Rockets, and Mavs all have 25 losses, do any of you think the Jazz will pass either the Rockets or Mavs as the year goes on?
    I doubt the national media are calling Hayward and Favors all-stars either.

If they can stay relatively healthy they can certainly move into the 6th spot. Dallas next week!

http://www.slcdunk.com/2016/2/4/10916234/the-downbeat

How many times has the debate about the Jazz's lack of a star been raised? It's come up as an excuse and a critique. But the larger question that must be answered is a philosophical one -- What makes a "star"? Who determines? How much of it is a case of self-fulfilling prophecy? Is it only the ability to score at high numbers and with high efficiency?

The question is: Can Rudy Gobert be that star? So much is given to the offensive powerhouse in the NBA. Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook are amazing on one end of the court, and acceptable to good on defense. But can it go the opposite direction? Can a player be so utterly game changing on defense, but be just acceptable on offense and still be considered a star?

One of the favorite new ways to describe a player, outside of traditional stats, is the "gravity" score. Kevin Pelton and Zach Lowe are acolytes of it. Can a player be such a deterrent to high percentage shots as to be given an "antigravity" score? Rudy would certainly be that player.

Can Rudy be the type of player that forces the development of new analytics?
    You can argue about who the best players are and rather they are all-stars but it's hard to argue with Rudy being the most valuable Jazz player and the guy you got to be building around.

http://saltcityhoops.com/party-like-...zz-beat-bucks/

[QUOTE]Trey Burke is in trouble. He only played three minutes tonight. Three. Part of that is certainly the Bucks