Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Is Curry the best player in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    IGOTGAME's hate for Curry is hilarious af
    Recent comments probably all come from Real GM too.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    why dont you tell us what you see, instead of just insulting people for having an opinion that you held merely months ago
    I never insulted you...and only responded in the same tone that he presented. I've gone through my logic in about 3 threads. before I thought he wasn't a good enough point guard to run a team but know I realize it doesn't matter. He doesn't even have to pay point guard and it doesn't matter...the game has changed. Conventional wisdom says that no one shots that good to be able to win on those shots all year...I grew up believing that but Curry is a freak and the exception to the rule, just like other freak generational talents.

Also, he is def better than Durant ever was. The other stuff was just to **** with DMAVS because he sounds like he is gonna have a heart attack. But it's a legit question to ask...I don't think the other guys are out of his league (but I tank magic and Larry lower than most)

I've changed my opinion. I've seen the light.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Also, he is def better than Durant ever was.
    Some days I hate ISH.

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew

IGOTGAME not too long ago:
    ''Curry is overrated. He's not that good. Peak Mugsy Bogues over Curry!''

IGOTGAME now:
    ''Better than peak Magic and Bird!''

Hilarious.
    Curry made him a believer. He is the truth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I never insulted you...and only responded in the same tone that he presented. I've gone through my logic in about 3 threads. before I thought he wasn't a good enough point guard to run a team but know I realize it doesn't matter. He doesn't even have to pay point guard and it doesn't matter...the game has changed. Conventional wisdom says that no one shots that good to be able to win on those shots all year...I grew up believing that but Curry is a freak and the exception to the rule, just like other freak generational talents.

Also, he is def better than Durant ever was. The other stuff was just to **** with DMAVS because he sounds like he is gonna have a heart attack. But it's a legit question to ask...I don't think the other guys are out of his league (but I tank magic and Larry lower than most)

I've changed my opinion. I've seen the light.
    You are simply ignorant to basketball history. Simple as that.

Decent college freshman

Damn wrong thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Calm down. You seem mad...

He's not serious. He hates Curry and is being sarcastic.

Watch, Curry will have one subpar game and he'll go back to saying he's overrated.

Very good NBA starter

Wait...he's for sure better than Durant ever was...what?

What is going on with people?

I have no issue with Curry being the best player in the league. He might be...I'm not sure. He's certainly gotten off to a great start...but come on with this shit.

He is not clearly better than the other elite guys at the top and sure as **** is not "for sure" better than Durant ever was.

Durant in 13 and 14 (over 162 games) was a 30/8/5 64% TS player that probably played slightly better defense than Curry currently does.

Stop the madness please....stop saying Curry is clearly better than some of the best players of all time at their peaks...it's annoying and is taking attention away from him playing out of his mind.

And to be clear...I love Curry. I think he has a legit chance to go down as the 2nd best pg of all time. I honestly believe that given his level of play since he got healthy going into the 13 season.

But the shit has to stop. Saying Curry is "for sure" better than Durant ever was is akin to saying he's "for sure" better than some of the 10 or so best players of all time at their peaks.

Like...is Curry "for sure" better than peak KG now? How far are we going to go with this shit 3 games into a season. I know Curry was great last year...and has been for a few years now, but even if you thought Curry was the best player last year....he was absolutely not "for sure" the best player last season. Harden and Lebron could easily be argued as being better last year than Curry...and WB probably as well.

So please, for the sake of sanity, stop the madness. Or at least give it like 50 games please...
    Agreed, i think Curry would of done it sooner if it wasn't for his ankle injuries. It basically slowed his growth two years. He was rehabbing and stressed out because it was a recurring injury. He has always been a gym rat. Since he got healthy in 13 he blow Ray allen record like noting and has beating his own record every year. His talent is immense.

Calm down. You seem mad...
    he is mad, his hero Le2/6 is not even in top 3 this year

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Well Kobe is still injured

3-time NBA All-Star

until durant learns to create for himself, he will be never be on currys level. The problem with durant is hes a tweener. Too tall to be a slasher and too thin to be a post player. Thats why you can stop him with just a cp3. And worse is hes a quitter. The guy just isnt a winner.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    And LeBron was in perfect health?

Everyone is injured by that time of the year.

Curry was playing just fine in the Finals. He won, led his team in scoring and had a very good case for FMVP. Yes, he was playing a bit below standard in the beginning, but it had nothing to do with injury... he was his usual Curry self by the middle of the series...

That usual Curry self happens to be not quite as good as LeBron - which doesn't take away anything from him.
    maybe because lebron is getting single coverage while curry is getting doubled despite playing off ball. Just look at houston when curry gets guarded like bran

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    until durant learns to create for himself, he will be never be on currys level. The problem with durant is hes a tweener. Too tall to be a slasher and too thin to be a post player. Thats why you can stop him with just a cp3. And worse is hes a quitter. The guy just isnt a winner.
    kevin "pencil di.ck" durant can never create for himself. that requires THICKNESS