Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL

Decent college freshman

Default Re: OFFICIAL

Welcome back Milbuck

Harden is playing like absolute garbage this week but I legit think the Kardashian stuff got to him. Not to mention the injuries Houston is still dealing with, but I think he's actually shook about the Khloe/Lamar stuff. I mean he did rent a house in the same town as the Kardashians this summer...

Also, Harden was really quite dependable last year and put up gaudy counting stats and TS%. He propelled that team to the #2 seed in the toughest conference of all time without his sidekick. He's a RS warrior. I think it's unfair to write that season-long performance and I argued he was actually the most valuable to his team's success. Put Affalo (or some other roughly average starting SG) in place of Harden and that team would have been at best mediocre last season.

He however does not perform as well well as the first option in the playoffs as he does in the RS. I think it's fair to say that. He can easily disprove that with an amazing run this postseason but he has looked shook in the playoffs in big moments as a Rocket.

All that being said, it can be really joyless to watch his FT parade at times hahaha.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Lil' B stuff too
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 11-01-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Welcome back Milbuck

Harden is playing like absolute garbage this week but I legit think the Kardashian stuff got to him. Not to mention the injuries Houston is still dealing with, but I think he's actually shook about the Khloe/Lamar stuff. I mean he did rent a house in the same town as the Kardashians this summer...

Also, Harden was really quite dependable last year and put up gaudy counting stats and TS%. He propelled that team to the #2 seed in the toughest conference of all time without his sidekick. He's a RS warrior. I think it's unfair to write that season-long performance and I argued he was actually the most valuable to his team's success. Put Affalo (or some other roughly average starting SG) in place of Harden and that team would have been at best mediocre last season.

He however does not perform as well well as the first option in the playoffs as he does in the RS. I think it's fair to say that. He can easily disprove that with an amazing run this postseason but he has looked shook in the playoffs in big moments as a Rocket.

All that being said, it can be really joyless to watch his FT parade at times hahaha.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Lil' B stuff too

The problem with Harden isn't just the Kardashian stuff or Curry winning MVP. He's just naturally a weak minded competitor. He just does not want it as badly as other stars, and it shows in his play and the way he carries himself.

There's some videos floating around of him partying all last night before today's game in Miami. There were also reports of him just partying all summer and focusing more on his brand than his game. The guy just doesn't give a f*ck. You think Durant or Westbrook or Curry or Lebron would be partying and coming into game 3 unprepared after an 0-2 start to the season? Not a chance. They understand that being an MVP isn't just talking yourself up...you have to go out and perform 10 nights out of 10, not 3 on, 1 off, 4 on, 2 off, etc.

Not to mention skill-wise, the guy is deceptively limited. His defense is trash. His off-ball game is laughable. He has no reliable post game, his midrange game is negligible. If he's not hitting his 3s or drawing fouls, he's essentially useless. The guy is either sensational or complete trash. The only other thing you could point to would be his passing (he is a gifted passer)...but the thing is, he's even been shitty at that so far, he's played extremely carelessly and made some pretty selfish decisions. The guy just looks like he's made zero improvements to any part of his game. If the Rockets face a high level contender (the OKCs, Golden States, San Antonios of the conference) he is almost assuredly going to piss himself again, and go out in embarassing fashion. He just does not have the game to consistently and reliably take his team deep in the playoffs.

Harden has too many shit moments and straight up choke jobs to be considered a legit superstar. 2012 Finals, 2013 and 14 playoffs, game 5 against GS, his team mounting a huge comeback with him on the bench, etc. I know he was still a young bench player in 2012, but he really shit the bed in that series and it was kind of a sign of things to come.

He's a second tier star, like Melo.

I know this may sound like a hot take, but sometimes I get the feeling he's not all there...like if he doesn't make his first few shots he'll check out.

The true superstars are Curry, Durant, and Lebron, with Westbrook, Griffin, and Davis on the edge of superstardom but not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Harden has too many shit moments and straight up choke jobs to be considered a legit superstar. 2012 Finals, 2013 and 14 playoffs, game 5 against GS, his team mounting a huge comeback with him on the bench, etc. I know he was still a young bench player in 2012, but he really shit the bed in that series and it was kind of a sign of things to come.

He's a second tier star, like Melo.

I know this may sound like a hot take, but sometimes I get the feeling he's not all there...like if he doesn't make his first few shots he'll check out.

The true superstars are Curry, Durant, and Lebron, with Westbrook, Griffin, and Davis on the edge of superstardom but not quite there yet.

yeah I agree with this.

Banned

Welcome back.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I hope this is just a phase for Harden because he was honestly pretty damn fun to watch last year

Well if it isn't my good friend Milbuck...

Dude is basically a Kardashian now.

It's all over.

About time people realized what a useless cancer Harden is. I been telling you guys this for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Let's talk about how your bucks are 0-3 and got absolutely stomped by the Knicks in their own house after owner guaranteeing the w.
    Don't go there. You know we would have gotten clobbered if they were at full. C'mon man.

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Time for you to go back into hiding.
    Last edited by TrueBlue89; 11-02-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Will miss you millbuck

Banned

King James back to his normal self

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    King James back to his normal self

NBA lottery pick

Only a moron would trup some holly trumpet writing off the MVP runner up. 37points 5 boards 3 assists 3 steals 2 blocks and hit huge shot after shot. Silly angry lin fans still hating on james.