Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Just so we're clear everyone on ISH is aware the earth is warming up - right?

Scientists don't even say it's all humans, they all factor in rotations, solar activity, eccentric obrits, tilts etc. For some reason people like yourself have to single it out as just humans when even the experts and the people who are making your damn case don't say it's just humans. As soon as you try and post what they actually say people go to extremes and want to act like they know more than the studies. I never said it wasn't human involvement, I never said they didn't speed it up, I am simply saying what all the experts say and that is that isn't ONLY humans. Humans may be speeding things up, may be the biggest cause but it isn't ONLY humans.

Default Re: Just so we're clear everyone on ISH is aware the earth is warming up - right?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Scientists don't even say it's all humans, they all factor in rotations, solar activity, eccentric obrits, tilts etc. For some reason people like yourself have to single it out as just humans when even the experts and the people who are making your damn case don't say it's just humans. As soon as you try and post what they actually say people go to extremes and want to act like they know more than the studies. I never said it wasn't human involvement, I never said they didn't speed it up, I am simply saying what all the experts say and that is that isn't ONLY humans. Humans may be speeding things up, may be the biggest cause but it isn't ONLY humans.
    No they don't. Not for the warming of the past 150 years. Scientists know exactly and entirely what has caused it, and it is human activity and human activity alone. There is no controversy here among scientists, it's universally accepted as human activity. The only controversy is among business and politically motivated people who either aren't aware or outright refuse to believe the human activity data. There's no weird orbits or tilts or solar activity or w/e happening you probably heard that from some other non-believer trying to stray from the actual data. You won't find any peer reviewed studies on those red herrings. Human activity alone caused this 150 year spike in temperature.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-05-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No they don't. Not for the warming of the past 150 years. Scientists know exactly and entirely what has caused it, and it is human activity and human activity alone. There is no controversy here among scientists, it's universally accepted as human activity. The only controversy is among business and politically motivated people who either aren't aware or outright refuse to believe the human activity data.
    again. read what i wrote and don't focus on one point. I didn't say we didn't speed up the shift in recent history. You're usually a good poster man read the full posts before continuing on a point that doesn't respond to what I'm saying.

again. read what i wrote and don't focus on one point. I didn't say we didn't speed up the shift in recent history. You're usually a good poster man read the full posts before continuing on a point that doesn't respond to what I'm saying.
    We caused the shift in recent history. We didn't speed it up. We caused it. And ice core data suggests it never would have happened under the earths natural cycle.

I understand exactly what you're saying you're trying to diminish the blame on humans by suggesting we are but some small piece in a bigger puzzle. That's the antithesis of what the data suggests.

   

i don't FEEL that the science is right on this.

i don't THINK that it's right!

i don't UNDERSTAND the process of a sketchy theory becoming a well-respected theory.

i NEVER understood the science domain very well to begin with, but i THINK that my OWN field and experience and expertise should weigh just as much upon the issue, even thought i BARELY understand the foundation of the issue and the variables at play.

even if i'm WRONG about any of that, i'm PRETTY SURE there's a big liberal conspiracy aimed at milking money from us abused, anti-science types who are simply trying to live clean lives. that is-- WE are definitely the VICTIMS here.

i mean, just as we LOVE to throw around terms of "CONSPIRACY" and 'the evil green alliance,' we in fact know hardly anything about the reverse corporate interest highly interested in trying to frame "global warming" as nothing but nonsensical money-grab.

and yet we have years of documentation about WHERE and HOW the money flows, even if this is a bit outdated now:
    http://www.exxonsecrets.org/

in short-- we LIKE our opinion and RESENT others 'telling us what to do.'

we're moral and STRONG people who don't take SHIT from the wacky liberals.

this is who we are!

You're wrong. I know exactly what scientists say. I spend all day reading what they say, writing about what the say, and going to seminars to hear what they have to say.

Local High School Star Monta Ellis MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You're wrong. I know exactly what scientists say. I spend all day reading what they say, writing about what the say, and going to seminars to hear what they have to say.
    This guy must be a total pus[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]y magnet.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monta Ellis MVP
    This guy must be a total pus[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]y magnet.

Bump for ding dong chewing.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Bump for ding dong chewing.

You can post all the charts you want, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The Earth has always had heating and cooling cycles, but you guys want to be alarmists and politicize this by making it an issue when it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    You can post all the charts you want, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The Earth has always had heating and cooling cycles, but you guys want to be alarmists and politicize this by making it an issue when it is not.

No. Scientists discovered this.

It's politically motivated people who know **** all about how to interpret scientific information (you) who deny it.

Keep the story straight bud

Banned

Climate Change is very real, but it too often gets over-dramatized by staunch pro-liberal politics

No. Scientists discovered this.

It's politically motivated people who know **** all about how to interpret scientific information (you) who deny it.

Keep the story straight bud
    Yeah, but you're not showing "scientific information" though. You're basically showing opinion polls.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yeah, but you're not showing "scientific information" though. You're basically showing opinion polls.
    Browse through the thread. Been there done that, try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Climate Change is very real, but it too often gets over-dramatized by staunch pro-liberal politics
    Of course. The earth's climate changes. That's what it does.

I've got news for all the fcuk tards out there. The earth has been a lot hotter that it is right now, and it will be again and you're a fool if you think you can just make it not ever get hotter again. We're still in the process of thawing out of the last ice age.

The South Pole used to be a tropical climate. Guess what? It will be again someday. There's nothing you can do about that. Get it out of your head that the exact current climate is the "correct" climate and that you can somehow keep it that way.