Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Is Curry 2009 NBA draft scouting report proof that athleticism isn't too important

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Default Re: Is Curry 2009 NBA draft scouting report proof that athleticism isn't too important

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    If you're the best shooter of all time, are extremely skilled and possess an extremely high bball IQ... then athleticism "isn't too important".

Default Re: Is Curry 2009 NBA draft scouting report proof that athleticism isn't too important

A lot of people thought he would bust.

It is important. Curry is one of the quickest, if not the quickest guard in the league

Bob Knight said he was as good a passer as anyone who ever played college basketball.

Jan 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JyTIQq5H-g

Mr. Jabbar taught me when you have a release time of 0.001 seconds athleticism isn't so important. He also taught me Currys underrated strong points are Stamina and High off-ball iq.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Test
    Mr. Jabbar taught me when you have a release time of 0.001 seconds athleticism isn't so important. He also taught me Currys underrated strong points are Stamina and High off-ball iq.
    Bro why do u have multiple accounts, stick to 1 like me

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Bro why do u have multiple accounts, stick to 1 like me
    Dude. This is my only account, what are you talking about?

He's an above average athlete. He's not Russell Westbrook, but he's athletic.

maybe he got better?

NBA lottery pick

His jump shot is proof of a level of athletic ability, in short you're not getting a release like that from distance without strength and the coordination to generate controlled power very quickly.

I don't recall his college play much I think I saw two games maybe of the guy, but if he couldn't dribble then, he sure as heck can dribble now! There's little debate the guy has improved every year of his career, it's not like he came into the league dominating.

It's REALLY hard to project work ethic and discipline. For every Curry there is a Ricky Davis or Bonzi Wells who could be an all time level guy if they're focused on the game.

Also we're missing large parts of that draft report....who knows if any of that was in context.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Same coould be said of any NBA player or pro athlete period. It's hyperbole. It's like when people say Kobe isn't as athletic as MJ or LeBron. He's not. But he's still insanely athletic even against the vast majority of all-time contemporaries.

And Steph Curry compared to other current contemporaries shouldn't be considered athletic.

And it is the best story of him being so dominant. It's a great lesson for kids that you don't have to be a 6'4+ super freak, long arm, bunny leg, or alien super freak athlete like LeBron, Durant, MJ, Kobe, or even Wade etc.

Curry isn't even as quick or the type of athlete guys at his own position in history have been like Rose, Westbrook, Baron Davis, KJ, Francis with their leaping ability. Or superior quickness. Guys like Hardaway or Iverson were way faster as well. And he doesn't have the size or strength a dude like Kidd had.

He really is a better, superior version of post 2005 Nash, with slightly inferior passing but better defender.

Curry's game is predicated on being GOAT shooter, ELITE ball handling, crafty finisher around the rim and very good passing (not quite elite in an all-time sense)

SC's not even insanely quick by PG standards. Him and CP3 are same level quickness off the dribble on the floor. He's just very smart, and a great ball handler, he's crafty.

His offense is all crossover, crossover, behind the back, step back for that quick hybrid jumper / push shot that absolutely no one can defend because he gets it off insanely quick. In this league with out physicality on the perimeter?

Un-guardable. Unstoppable.

Honestly, the predraft scouting reports on him were pretty similar to Jimmer Fredette

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    actually they both have poverty 36.5 inch verticals.

C'mon everyone thought Curry was a great shooter. No one thought he would be the GOAT shooters.

C'mon 51.4% shooting from 3? 45 PER?