Banned

Default ISIS practicing the truest form of Islam

They literally practicing 100% straight from the book.

Banned

Default Re: ISIS practicing the truest form of Islam

They do a lot of things not from the Koran, and literally interpret some lines that some say are meant to be read metaphorically. At the same time, they are following the example that Mohammad set during his own lifetime with his own leadership of conquest and violence across the Arab peninsula.

Here's an image of Mohammad. He's the guy riding the horse.

Here's a movie made about Mohammad in Iran in 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HoUxTWGi0

Mohammad never wrote anything in the Koran saying that he wasn't allowed to be depicted visually. There is NOTHING in the Koran about this. Many Muslim artists, even today, created images of Mohammad to glorify him. ISIS still kills people for drawing Mohammad, even though there's nothing in the Koran that says this is wrong.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 11-14-2015 at 06:33 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

This is a real source for anyone on the subject.

And it is not 100% either. Nor is it 0%.

What

College star

Muslims gonna terrorize

Banned

Religion gonna be of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Religion gonna be of peace.
    if islam was a religion of peace, wouldn't muslim extremists be extremly peaceful?

checkmate, muslims

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    if islam was a religion of peace, wouldn't muslim extremists be extremly peaceful?

checkmate, muslims
    Extremist Sufi Muslims are.
    Also the extremists who dedicate their entire lives to charity and helping others.

Extremism comes in all forms.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Extremist Sufi Muslims are.
    Also the extremists who dedicate their entire lives to charity and helping others.

Extremism comes in all forms.
    im a muslim with an extremely large c[COLOR="Black"]oc[/COLOR]k, does that mean im a muslin extremist?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    im a muslim with an extremely large c[COLOR="Black"]oc[/COLOR]k, does that mean im a muslin extremist?
    in terms of **** size, sure, can't speak for your beliefs as I don't know them.

I feel uneasy aligning myself with this.

It takes a person to believe in a religious teaching or belief. Islam can be a tool, like someone owning a gun.

Many verses in the bible are considered barbaric and unfathomable, but I think you need to look more at social and cultural roots, before you look at grouping the whole lot together.

If you grow up and your parents have been bombed, your community enacts executions in the main street and you are exposed to constant violence with women and children being raped, you will adopt a hardened edge which potentially can turn you into a terrorist. I think you will find a combination of extreme mental issues and the cultural indoctrination of hate towards the west and the aftermath of these bombing campaigns can make it easy for a child growing up to grow to hate the other side, which happens to be America.

I'm not excusing bad behaviour, but I'm identifying the root of the cause. If the world was able to work out a way to bring many of these communities out of the dark ages, and into a more modernised and morally bound societies, I think this would go a long way to getting change.

That and completely stopping the bombing. You never fix deep rooted hatred unless one side is prepared to lay down the guns so to speak. Stop the blame game. Why do you think Israel and Palestine have never stopped the conflict? They do shit to each other and never let go of what happened in the past. That line of thinking will never stop the war.

I'm angry at fundamentalist muslims as much as anyone else for yet another terrorist attack. But we can't win this war unless we are prepared to let go of egos and care about real change. There are a number of these people with extreme mental issues and extreme PTSD. If you give them a cause to hate and a religion to fight for, they will turn into a war weapon as we see on rinse and repeat.

If we choose to hold onto "he did this, so I do this to him" mentality, we will simply repeat what Israel v Palestine have been doing all these years. If the middle east wants us to leave them alone? Do it. Stay right out.

Make a sincere apology to all the people and just let bygones be bygones. ISIS groups will still try and stir up trouble, but they are only powerful while the western and european world buy into the West v Middle east religious war.

I don't know, but we have to accept one very important fact. Stepping foot on holy ground in the middle east, things have never been the same. There have been anti-west sentiment and deep hatred ever since america meddled in the middle east. should of left it alone.

Good High School Starter Edgar Friendly's Avatar

You can't justifiably condemn a religion unless the people performing these atrocious acts are actually doing it in the name of the religion and other people of the same religion are apathetic to these acts and not attempting to do anything to counter it, instead passing that job off onto people of other faiths.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Friendly
    You can't justifiably condemn a religion unless the people performing these atrocious acts are actually doing it in the name of the religion and other people of the same religion are apathetic to these acts and not attempting to do anything to counter it, instead passing that job off onto people of other faiths.

Uhhh that's exactly what's happening here.

Banned

that's exactly what's happening right now.

Banned

Shut the **** up weak bitch.