Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Rousey can beat a below average man in a fight...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I would pin her and make her eat my ass

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Myself and a few other were called idiots for saying that we wouldn't lose to a fight to a 135lbs woman.
    well, I don't wanna burst ur bubble bro...but...

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    well, I don't wanna burst ur bubble bro...but...
    Ronda just got absolutely destroyed by a 135lbs woman who used her reach.

You think she will beat 6 foot + men who weight 205lbs+ or 225lbs+?

Ronda just got absolutely destroyed by a 135lbs woman who used her reach.

You think she will beat 6 foot + men who weight 205lbs+ or 225lbs+?
    Probably not.

But I think Pac could beat most 6' 205/225lb guys, who aren't trained in fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Probably not.

But I think Pac could beat most 6' 205/225lb guys, who aren't trained in fighting.
    I'm fully aware of my capabilities.

Ronda Rousey cannot beat me, or most in shape, 6 foot+ males in the 205lbs+ region. On average, she will lose.

Pac and Mayweather on the other hand, I never claimed to be able to beat, nor do I think I could. These guys probably walk around at 160lbs and hit harder than 99% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Remember when people here thought she could whoop 6'0 230 lb men if they "werent seriously trained fighters"
    Remember when people thought he she could beat a 6'9" 250 lbs super athletic man aka LeBron James?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Remember when people thought he she could beat a 6'9" 250 lbs super athletic man aka LeBron James?
    I remember that.

"She would just judo flip him and armbar him"...

Half the men in the 170lbs division in the UFC would struggle to fight a man the size of Lebron James, let alone Ronda freaking Rousey.

Ronda Rousey cannot beat me, or most in shape, 6 foot+ males in the 205lbs+ region. On average, she will lose.

Pac and Mayweather on the other hand, I never claimed to be able to beat, nor do I think I could. These guys probably walk around at 160lbs and hit harder than 99% of the population.
    Of course she can't beat you... there's a reason why she chickened out against a transexual MMA fighter in Fallon Fox and talked about how he has this distinct advantage with musculature, bone structure and the like.... A ****ing sissy ******* got her shook.. Obvious is obvious.

I remember that.

"She would just judo flip him and armbar him"...

Half the men in the 170lbs division in the UFC would struggle to fight a man the size of Lebron James, let alone Ronda freaking Rousey.
    Yep. that's exactly what I said, and all them UFC fiends attacked me for not knowing my martial arts I guess that means not basing my knowledge on Kung Fu movies and TV.

You good train a pit bull to fight all you want, but it will never be able to beat a lion. At some point, nature is insurmountable.

Yeah I agree Rousey loses to an athletic in shape 6' 200+lb guy, at least 70% of the time. Maybe higher.

I just remember seeing people (not necessarily you) saying size = law and that "midget Pacquiao couldn't beat a 6'3" in shape guy"

Yeah I agree Rousey loses to an athletic in shape 6' 200+lb guy, at least 70% of the time. Maybe higher.

I just remember seeing people (not necessarily you) saying size = law and that "midget Pacquiao couldn't beat a 6'3" in shape guy"
    Well, Pacquiao legitimately couldn't beat a below average boxer who is like 6'3, 220lbs.

Boxing is a skill sport, but there's a reason it has weight classes. Strength+reach gap has WAY more impact than a skill gap.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Well, Pacquiao legitimately couldn't beat a below average boxer who is like 6'3, 220lbs.

Boxing is a skill sport, but there's a reason it has weight classes. Strength+reach gap has WAY more impact than a skill gap.
    I know he couldn't beat a below average PRO 6'3" 220lb boxer...

I'm not sure how he'd fare against a semipro/amateur 6'3" 220lb boxer...

But the example I gave was an athletic 6'3" 200+lb guy who wasn't a boxer. Like a gymbro. I see Pac winning that fight more often than not.

And skill can supersede weight+reach+strength, like when Fedor beat a superheavyweight Hong Man Choi. Choi had 1'2" (!) and 120lbs advantage (!!) on Fedor AND was a trained kickboxer... and lost.

NBA Legend

I honestly do struggle to see how a 5'5 Pacqiao would beat a guy that's 6'3 220. Pacqaio (to my knowledge) isn't any more trained in take downs and grappling etc than his opponent. And I don't see how he would even be able to reach the guy with punches. A 6' guy, ok, fine. But 6'3 is a ten inch difference. The taller guy could just throw keep throwing haymakers til he connects, he could still stand far enough away not to get countered. I just don't see how Manny gets close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

I actually had the chance to train against some guys here in Australia competing for belts. I had about 50lbs on the guy, and I could not do shit to him in the ring. Not so much in terms of punching power, and him overwhelming me or anything, but I could not cut off the ring, I could not hit him, and I kept eating straight shots the whole time we were in there. I guess it could be different outside the ring where I would be able to hold, and fight dirty, throw him around and use my superior strength. But these boxers are so incredibly elusive, and when they do hit you, you can feel it. This was just a sparring session too.

I'm not entirely sure how a fight with Pacman against a 6'3, 220lbs athletic, non boxer fight would go, but as someone falling in that category, I'm not sure I'd like my chances too much. Inside the ring, no shot. Outside the ring, both guys would have to be careful, but Pac has years of practicing how to throw a great punch. An athletic 6'3 male has great physical traits, but if you can't throw decent punches, you are at a great disadvantage.