Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Despite losing Rhonda Rousey was successful....

She was used to help promote women's fighting in the UFC and the whole plan worked to a T. Take a look at the OTC. There hasn't been this many threads about a UFC in literally years.
    At the end of the day UFC is a business. Using Rhonda to play the part of heal has brought attention to the division. We all have to admit we never wanted women fighting in the UFC. Yet we all tuned in to this fight. Product successfully sold.
    When I was at an event with BJ Penn it was during the time Penn was fighting GSP. I got to hang with him for the weekend and he was the coolest athlete I had ever met. I came out and said, "bro, the UFC makes you out to be an ass." He said he accepted the role of bad guy to help promote the fight. It was all an act. Coincidentally I had met GSP soon after and he was the biggest arrogant asshole I've ever met in the sport.
    Rhonda did what she set out to do was troll the world of sports. To capture the exact audience that refused to accept her division. Considered yourself trolled

Default Re: Despite losing Rhonda Rousey was successful....

I've met GSP. wasn't an assh0le at all but I get your point.

Banned

She got knocked the fuck out.

She did get casual viewers like myself to notice UFC more. Especially as a female fighter she WAS the Floyd Mayweather of UFC and for her to accomplish the amount of views and attention, no one could of done a better job.

NBA Legend

Definitely.

And I saw a lot of people last night saying they thought she was a c0cky cunnt, but in the interviews I've seen where she wasn't directly promoting a fight, she actually seemed pretty sweet and likable. Of course she has to be brash and arrogant when she's hyping up specific fights. That's what she's supposed to do. I think "IRL" so-to-speak she seems like a pretty cool chick.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I've met GSP. wasn't an assh0le at all but I get your point.
    The guy was a huge prick. Not necessarily to me but the group we were with. We went out for dinner with him through a promotion group after a trade show signing. At the restaurant he complained all night. Anyone that tried to start a conversation he immediately shut them down. He got a little drunk off wine. He would see girls walk by and ask them to sit on his lap. Being somewhat vulgar. I thought he was a big dick head.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook B
    She got knocked the fuck out.
    And so did the division. It went down with Rousey. Holm isn't enough of a character to promote the division. That's probably why Dana looked depressed

I met GSP as well. He was really chill. My friends that have bumped into him have said the same thing. Maybe you met him while he was having a really bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Definitely.

And I saw a lot of people last night saying they thought she was a c0cky cunnt, but in the interviews I've seen where she wasn't directly promoting a fight, she actually seemed pretty sweet and likable. Of course she has to be brash and arrogant when she's hyping up specific fights. That's what she's supposed to do. I think "IRL" so-to-speak she seems like a pretty cool chick.
    Right. She single handedly sold the division. Something a woman can never do in a male dominated fanbase. Probably in any sport. When was the last time a male fighter was plastered all over the OTC? Social Media? She's gathered more attention than all champions in every division combined!

ufc dead after ronda is gone? she is their biggest draw and this ppv supposedly broke their records. they need ronda to bounce back

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    I met GSP as well. He was really chill. My friends that have bumped into him have said the same thing. Maybe you met him while he was having a really bad day.
    Possibly. Although between him and Penn, Penn was more likable in person.

Her personality isn't all around bad either. She has an outgoing nature about her. At the end of the day she was the cash cow and I'm sure she still will be. She's going to have to come out and do twice as good. Possibly rematch, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    ufc dead after ronda is gone? she is their biggest draw and this ppv supposedly broke their records. they need ronda to bounce back
    The division. Not UFC. You're arguing the same thing I am
    Holm isn't a draw. If she does fight Cyborg that's pretty much it. The division needed Rhonda to keep winning because she played the heal so well

Ronda was a bit overboard with her attitude, but that's alright as long as she still sells, which she has very well been.

UFC still has to expand the women's division and create more stars for a longer success.

Lol. I can see it now.

UFC Exec: "Dana, our top draw just got knocked out."

Dana White: "Yeah, but have you seen the OTC front page? There's like 7 threads about us!"

UFC Exec: "You're right, success!"