Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Despite losing Rhonda Rousey was successful....

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    Are you serious dude?

he lives a different life than you. and why would he wanna converse with you or your friends?

he was probably just being completely normal and you perceive it as him being a dick because he showed you no attention.
    Right, because ignoring someone when they're speaking directly to you and a group of people noticing it is considered normal
    The last 3 threads I've created you've managed to have a problem with me in each one. Now you're reaching to find something marginal to confront me with. It's obvious you have a problem with me, now it's kind of coming off as obsessive. I just won't bother responding to you anymore.
    Last edited by hateraid; 11-16-2015 at 03:04 AM.

   

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Slow down on the pretty face/body.....

She is average...slightly above on a good day..

But in a sport where there are tons of monsters ..she stands out I guess..

I'm also used to pulling top shelf HOs ....so my judgement may be biased
    yeah, i was describing how the body of ppl felt towards her.

but back to you, are you saying that you get free service from prostitutes? :P

jimmy must always wear a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Humble brag
    It's part of the job. Anytime an event was in town or our sponsored fighter was fighting (at the time we sponsored Brock Lenser) we would attend the events and promote. I would run into fighters all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yeah, i was describing how the body of ppl felt towards her.

but back to you, are you saying that you get free service from prostitutes? :P

jimmy must always wear a hat.

Hahaha...no

Because you always gotta pay for the p#$@y my friend...

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It sort of reminds me of Naseem Hamed, only on a much less skilled scale. The media and general public ate him up and called him a GOAT because he had a funky style. Real boxing fans saw through it and just waited for him to fight someone to expose his (obvious) weaknesses. Once that happened, his career was literally over... he retired.

He was ultimately good for boxing because he was entertaining and people either loved him or hated him, but once the mystique was shattered, there was no putting it back together.

Will the same happen to Rousey?
    Difference is Rousey isn't a sham. Her division is a sham. It's not like there's a boatload of women out there who can beat her and nullify her style. It's just the UFC overhyping a very primitive division

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I don't think so. Holm wrecked her. She is now the face of the women's division and she won't be able to sell it. Unless the do a heal to hero story.
    I disagree. Preachers daughter, great boxing champion, crossing over to MMA, very humble and down to earth. She is getting huge publicity off of this. I think she can bring in a lot of the boxing fans turned off by the whole Rousey can beat a great boxer none sense. Should be a huge build up to the rematch which will bring in more people, including casuals and boxing fans. UFC needs to just be smart with the marketing. Her victory saved women's MMA in my opinion and changed the conversation from grousing about Rousey buzzing through tomato cans. This will force Rousey to take training seriously and to expand her game if she wants to avenge the loss. It will also probably get some women going the boxing route to take an earlier interest in the MMA route, which will help expand the pool of fighters to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    I disagree. Preachers daughter, great boxing champion, crossing over to MMA, very humble and down to earth. She is getting huge publicity off of this. I think she can bring in a lot of the boxing fans turned off by the whole Rousey can beat a great boxer none sense. Should be a huge build up to the rematch which will bring in more people, including casuals and boxing fans. UFC needs to just be smart with the marketing. Her victory saved women's MMA in my opinion and changed the conversation from grousing about Rousey buzzing through tomato cans. This will force Rousey to take training seriously and to expand her game if she wants to avenge the loss. It will also probably get some women going the boxing route to take an earlier interest in the MMA route, which will help expand the pool of fighters to choose from.
    Boxing fans aren't crossing over to follow her. I'd ask any boxing purist here if Holm has made them a fan of the UFC. My bro is a boxing fan and didn't even know who Holm is and didn't care enough to see if she could beat Rousey or if boxing is better than MMA.
    I don't think it saved the division at all. Rousey is a draw because she is polarizing. You were either invested watching her crush everyone in her path or couldn't wait to see her get her face smashed in. Holm isn't near close to being that polarizing. She just seems so....nice. Take a look at the girl before her that fought last night's card. What was her name? Exactly. I guess what it boils down to is women's MMA wasn't about the talent, it's about the characters. Rousey going down is the death of that needed character to sustain the division.

   

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Difference is Rousey isn't a sham. Her division is a sham. It's not like there's a boatload of women out there who can beat her and nullify her style. It's just the UFC overhyping a very primitive division
    hello there, sir--
    did you hear about the big fight on saturday?
    you might want to read about it.

Banned

Right, because ignoring someone when they're speaking directly to you and a group of people noticing it is considered normal
    The last 3 threads I've created you've managed to have a problem with me in each one. Now you're reaching to find something marginal to confront me with. It's obvious you have a problem with me, now it's kind of coming off as obsessive. I just won't bother responding to you anymore.
    i don't have a problem with you. So bringing a different perspective is having a problem with you?

i'm just challenging you intellectually, which is actually a sign that I may actually have enough respect for you that you'll respond without getting too worked up about it. i guess i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook B
    She got knocked the fuck out.
    And you know this. Man.

Shes ugly lol @ nikkas saying shes hot

Royce Gracie of women. Made WMMA popular, trailblazer, but one dimensional, limited fighting opposition like soccer moms and high school teachers who cant fight. The fact that nikkas actually pushed her for p4p was fcking hilarious. No women would make the top 100 p4p list in MMA including Joanna, Holly and Cyborg.

a dude like George Roop aint even top 50 @ male bantamweight and he would fck up any 135 pound woman
    Last edited by Hamtaro CP3KDKG; 11-16-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Boxing fans aren't crossing over to follow her. I'd ask any boxing purist here if Holm has made them a fan of the UFC. My bro is a boxing fan and didn't even know who Holm is and didn't care enough to see if she could beat Rousey or if boxing is better than MMA.
    I don't think it saved the division at all. Rousey is a draw because she is polarizing. You were either invested watching her crush everyone in her path or couldn't wait to see her get her face smashed in. Holm isn't near close to being that polarizing. She just seems so....nice. Take a look at the girl before her that fought last night's card. What was her name? Exactly. I guess what it boils down to is women's MMA wasn't about the talent, it's about the characters. Rousey going down is the death of that needed character to sustain the division.
    If the idea is to sustain and grow the division and women in MMA past the Rousey years then this is good for the sport overall. We have pure boxing fans here and throughout the web talking about this fight and Holly. People who were very dismissive of the sport (especially the women Rousey faced) are suddenly intrigued because she went up against someone who could strike and hold her own. It might translate into more interest or it might not, but the talk it is generating is far louder than if Rousey had steamrolled her.

Boxing purist would definitely know who HH is. That's why they are purist. They eat, sleep and breath the sport. Casual boxing fans would not know who she is.

Perhaps it is time for the women's MMA to become a bit more about the talent along with the character.

   

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    ...Perhaps it is time for the women's MMA to become a bit more about the talent along with the character.
    you could also say that MMA would be better without people like dana white.

i say that because white essentially handpicked rousey to introduce women's MMA, gave her special status and treatment in many ways, helped her agenda, and helped shield her from cyborg the whole time. and... they both have very pronounced douchebag sides to them. i think they both identify with each other a lot, i.e. a rogue mentality standing with their homies against the world, flipping the bird with impunity.

if you're a good but boring fighter then you're in automatic trouble with white, but if you're a loudmouth jackass along the lines of conor, rousey, lesnar, jones et al and you're (mostly) a winning, entertaining fighter, dana will typically roll out the red carpet and the bucks for you.

other MMA orgs seem to promote more spectacle, show and humor, while white has designed the UFC to be more driven by personalities, feuds and storylines. hence a perfect place for a ronda rousey to thrive. unfortunately this formula also gathers most of the money and talent in the MMA world.

Why is Connor constantly being grouped in with Rousey? We all thought Rousey had holes in her game, and was dominating a weak division.

How is that comparable in any way to McGregor at the moment? Dude beat a fairly decent division with a nice pool of talent, on top of taking out a guy most said he would struggle with in stunning fashion (Mendes), all while instilling the fear of God into his next opponent (Aldo).