Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Despite losing Rhonda Rousey was successful....

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    No, Holm is a boxing & kickboxing champion.
    She is ten times the fighter Ronda is at stand-up.

Rousey got her ass handed to her because she thought she could beat Holly at her own game. Holly is the first ATHLETE to ever hold an MMA title & boxing title.
    I'm just talking from a popular opinion standpoint. The shock and awe people got from this knockout has to be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I'm just talking from a popular opinion standpoint. The shock and awe people got from this knockout has to be up there.
    For people who didn't know who Holly Holm was, sure.
    Even though I always thought Joanna was a far better champion than Ronda was. It just goes to show what marketing can do for your career.

By the way, my girl Joanna took care of business.
    She's really close friends with a girl named Xionna Hernendez. She's in a relationship with one of my good friends.

I've never actually met her but hopefully one day I can be introduced to her at some random gathering. She's apparently the sweetest person ever. Completely opposite of Ronda, who is apparently very arrogant and bitchy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Bringing a different perspective is fine if it weren't for the fact you've been following me around and constantly trying to belittle me. Your last response wasn't intellectually challenging. You replied to something marginal that didn't really add to the context of the thread but attacked my character. Something you've done in the span of 3 straight threads. As you can see from the other posts I have been challenged and responded with intellegent conversation. What you're doing is bullying. Calling me names in other threads doesn't contribute to intellegent conversation as well.
    If that's the way you feel then I apologize. I wasn't trying to bully you by means and I actually do think you're a cool guy

btw - you misspelled 'intelligent'...

... messing with you!

Seriously though, i'm just messing with you not trying to bully you or make you feel bad. Sorry.

Decent college freshman

Everyone calls Rousey a heal, but to be honest,I'd be a lot more people buy her fights to see her win. People buy Floyd fights to see him lose.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    If that's the way you feel then I apologize. I wasn't trying to bully you by means and I actually do think you're a cool guy

btw - you misspelled 'intelligent'...

... messing with you!

Seriously though, i'm just messing with you not trying to bully you or make you feel bad. Sorry.
    Hey, I can accept that, just as I can accept that sometimes I come off as my shit don't think. I do make some questionable threads and posts where I look back and say, "wow, I'm retarded." I deserve some remarks evry once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Everyone calls Rousey a heal, but to be honest,I'd be a lot more people buy her fights to see her win. People buy Floyd fights to see him lose.
    That's what I mean by how she's extremely polarizing. It's just that the heal character makes her more intriguing and sells tickets. The casual fan needs that type of villain to feed off of. I think the problem in this case is they over focused on Rousey that they failed to capitalize on creating the hero image with Holm. She was almost the stepping stone for a collision with Cyborg.

For the Buster Douglas reference it isn't similar in the match-up, it was similar in the way that Douglas/Holm were feeder to set up Holyfield/Cyborg. The loss tarnishes the match-up. Although Tyson I felt beat himself whereas Holm KTFO of Rousey because of sheer talent and preparation.