Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: I'm beginning a BoycottPoliticalCorrectness biz venture and I hope you will GoFundMe

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i would also like to echo the confusion of my fellow ishiots

this seems like a really really dumb idea

This sentence says it all.

Default Re: I'm beginning a BoycottPoliticalCorrectness biz venture and I hope you will GoFundMe

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I was having trouble logging in myself earlier today, GoFundMe does not seem to be all that reliable in terms of bandwidth stability. Feel free to give it another try tomorrow if you like. I appreciate you checkin out the info

No worries.

It was going to be a smal donation, but one which might kick start many more.

Too many passengers in this world. sad

The value added is derived from this not being a public company.

I don't have a responsibility to pay shareholders. Nor will I need to spend revenue on costly television ads like a Walmart or Macy's. Nor pay myself 20 million dollars in options as the CEO. I can focus on providing good business to the customer in any way I want.

It would be a relatively small, private company focused on allowing people to pull their money away from profit-seeking corporations that reinforce the PC culture to protect their own interests, and put their money into the hands of a business that is not succumbing to the pressures of catering to new markets or customers that demand catering to value systems most Americans dont' share.
    So, if I understand correctly, your business is based on hoping people will be willing to pay higher prices for whatever product you'll be selling because your employees will be allowed to speak their minds?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    No worries.

It was going to be a smal donation, but one which might kick start many more.

Too many passengers in this world. sad

Thanks my man, and honestly anything at all is genuinely appreciated. Even a one dollar donation. In fact that's the whole point. We don't have to all do a lot, and we shouldn't rely on a few people to do a lot. If we all just do a little bit, it adds up big time.

This is something I'm doing first and foremost because I think it's an important direction to go in. Obviously this isn't gonna make me wealthy. But if I can make a living running something like this that could even potentially start something meaningful? I'll take it. So anyone who wants to help get it started in any way big or small definitely has my gratitude in spades.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    So, if I understand correctly, your business is based on hoping people will be willing to pay higher prices for whatever product you'll be selling because your employees will be allowed to speak their minds?
    Why do they have to pay higher prices?

Did you miss what I said here:

I don't have a responsibility to pay shareholders. Nor will I need to spend revenue on costly television ads like a Walmart or Macy's. Nor pay myself 20 million dollars in options as the CEO. I can focus on providing good business to the customer in any way I want.

I can order high quality sweaters from China wholesale using Alibaba and put them on a simple website with a shopping cart likely for LESS than what you're gonna pay for them at Bloomingdales. It's the same sweater, none of the bullshit.

Where do you see the need to inflate the cost?

Why do they have to pay higher prices?

Did you miss what I said here:

I can order high quality sweaters from China wholesale using Alibaba and put them on a simple website with a shopping cart likely for LESS than what you're gonna pay for them at Bloomingdales. It's the same sweater, none of the bullshit.

Where do you see the need to inflate the cost?
    I assumed you won't be able to beat Amazon's, Alibaba's or any other top internet retailer's prices. You'll be acting as a middleman without the advantage of the top players' dirt-cheap production costs and hugely efficient distribution networks.

NBA Legend

I assumed you won't be able to beat Amazon's, Alibaba's or any other top internet retailer's prices. You'll be acting as a middleman without the advantage of the top players' dirt-cheap production costs and hugely efficient distribution networks.
    You're absolutely right that at the beginning I won't have any of those advantages. Although I won't be any more of a middleman than Amazon. They don't own the products they sell on their website. If you buy a shirt or a laptop or a watch it's not Amazon brand. In fact mine WILL be my own brand imported straight from the factory, so in that sense it's more direct than most items they're selling. But in any case, I also won't have the massive overhead of those companies. Think about all the money Amazon pays to ad agencies to have marketing teams come up with commercials. Then they have to pay millions a year to put those commercials on television. Their executives make salaries in the millions. All of that stuff goes into their pricing, and wouldn't go into mine.

Obviously there's no question it would be a humble operation to begin with. And I'm not suggesting it will ever REPLACE Amazon or Walmart or even compete with them on a revenue level. But let's say you spend $1,000 a year buying stuff from self-interested corporate online retailers, but every once in a while you can get one of those products at a similar price from a business that is actually trying to get people more proactive and become a healthier society, rather than just horde money for profits. Wouldn't you at least want to give them your business instead of the big PC companies when you can? Obviously you personally may not, but I think some people would. Can't hurt to try.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 11-16-2015 at 04:58 AM.

To penetrate any market, you must have some or all of these things

1. It's unique

2. it's price is comparible or better

3. it's easy to produce and distribute

4. there's a spot in the market for the idea

The main thing is this is unique. The concept will appeal to those who feel ignored by the government and want a proper voice to get the message accross.

I like it.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    To penetrate any market, you must have some or all of these things

1. It's unique

2. it's price is comparible or better

3. it's easy to produce and distribute

4. there's a spot in the market for the idea

The main thing is this is unique. The concept will appeal to those who feel ignored by the government and want a proper voice to get the message accross.

I like it.

This. This is the whole thing.

I mean I can sit on the internet and gripe about how our government and corporations handle things (and I do). But if that's ALL i do, they have absolutely no reason to change it. They're still getting money, and everyone else is getting their opinions stifled because they're at the mercy of their employer. And their employer is ONLY PC BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MOENY FOR THEMSELVES.

And society has become so indoctrinated with this politically correct mindset, BECAUSE businesses and politicians and self-serving liberal soapboxers are trying to advance their own causes, and the average person doesn't even see it. Social conditioning plays a WAAAAAY bigger factor into how most people see things than they realize. Opportunists reinforce larger and larger umbrellas of tolerance because the more people in the umbrella, the more people they can charge, tax, or control. And the people who just eat up whatever the media gives them repeat it.

It's not gonna change unless those of us who are fed up with it keep our money circulating among ourselves and with the businesses who have OUR interests in mind.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i would also like to echo the confusion of my fellow ishiots

this seems like a really really dumb idea

The thing is, Ridonks, if you're a regular customer at a big corporate retailer, and theoretically that retailer has an opportunity to trade in your business for DOUBLE the business from two gibberish speaking jihadists, they'll do that in a heartbeat. In fact they're obligated to their shareholders to do that. And if gibberish speaking jihadists begin increasing, more and more ads will pop up catering to them, enticing to them, appealing to their values instead of yours (altho maybe you have those same values, not sure). And that company won't give a FUKK about you, because you're old news. And you're gonna sit there and take it, because you wanna be PC and show everyone your tolerance!

People should support businesses that care about THEM. Big corporate chains don't care about you. They want anyone's business they can get. They're not vested in the societies that made them. They're interested in chasing new $$$ wherever they can. And they'll SHUT YOU UP if you work for them and dare suggest some of their new customer prospects conflict with the values America should be embracing.

Businesses don't care about you.
    People from other cultures don't care about you.
    But you're sitting there trying to show everyone how much you care about them.

SUCKER.

Banned

In before OP becomes a self-made millionaire

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    In before OP becomes a self-made millionaire

In before Obama tells me I didn't build that.

Banned

This one's for you bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbO2_077ixs

Dream BIG

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    This one's for you bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbO2_077ixs

Dream BIG

Thanx homie

Still holdin this one in my back pocket as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

In before Obama tells me I didn't build that.

Or you are being racist