Thread: Trump on ISIS

Default Trump on ISIS

From 2014

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/06/world/meast/isis-funding/

Sources familiar with the subject say that ISIS' "burn' rate" -- how much the group spends -- is huge, including salaries, weapons and other expenses. For ISIS' oil sales, sources told CNN, the group probably makes between $1 million and $2 million per day, but probably on the lower end.
    From the past few days (and weeks)

Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump
    They laughed at me when I said to bomb the ISIS controlled oil fields. Now they are not laughing and doing what I said. #Trump2016

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
    Remember, I was the one who said attack the oil (ISIS source of wealth) a long time ago. Everyone scoffed, now they're attacking the oil.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...b-isis-2015-11

During a speech at Decker Auditorium in Fort Dodge, Iowa, Trump said he would go after ISIS-controlled oil fields and "bomb the s--- out of 'em," to loud applause.

"ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away," Trump said.

He continued: "They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the s--- out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes. ... I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new — it'll be beautiful."
    Now this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/wo...-oil.html?_r=0

ISTANBUL — Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warplanes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extremist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing in Syria, American officials said.

According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack, which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is controlled by the Islamic State.
    Trump called it. I called it. Everyone with any common sense called it. Our government is just now realizing it.

Cut off their oil supplies, cut off their funding. How about that? It only took our current administration ~2 years to figure it out.

Default Re: Trump on ISIS

They'll still draw funding from the Saudis and other Sunnis groups, but still...these are common sense tactics in a war.

If your enemy depends on certain resources to wage war, you deny them those resources. This is 101 stuff.

Could also not ally ourselves with the people buying oil from IS (the Turks).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wow, so ingenious. I don't believe anyone else could've thunk of that.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Well it's not really about who thinks of it. It's who has the guts to DO it.

Clearly that does not include the typical crowd of subservient left-wing doormats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I am sitting here... saying the same thing.

You would have thought that'd be one of the first things we did.

But we have a president who's only previous work experience was 'community organizer'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Well it's not really about who thinks of it. It's who has the guts to DO it.

Clearly that does not include the typical crowd of subservient left-wing doormats.
    Barrack Hussein Obama that's who. RIP Jihadi John, I'm sure you're in paradise carrying Osama's gatorade during his virgin deflowering marathon.

I am sitting here... saying the same thing.

You would have thought that'd be one of the first things we did.

But we have a president who's only previous work experience was 'community organizer'.
    Yeah, replace the community organizer (and Senator) with a reality TV show host. That makes perfect sense.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Barrack Hussein Obama that's who. RIP Jihadi John, I'm sure you're in paradise carrying Osama's gatorade during his virgin deflowering marathon.

Obama, like with Bush, like probably with Trump if he really became President, it's all calculated. Let a few boogiemen run rampant for years and leverage the fear they cause in the western world to soak up a bunch of resources, then eventually kill them off to make the government look successful. Obviously new, fresh ones will pop up soon anyway.

With the absolutely insane amount of resources in the western world, we could go in and completely change the entire middle eastern landscape in less than a year. Pay off those who will change, bomb off those who won't. It could all be done directly and efficiently. But there's way less money in that for contract corporations, so it aint gonna happen.

Yeah, replace the community organizer (and Senator) with a reality TV show host. That makes perfect sense.
    Senator for... how long exactly? Community organizer, to senator for a year and a half (IIRC), president. Seems logical.

Ignoring Trump's numerous successes before he became a reality TV presence doesn't make Obama look any better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Senator for... how long exactly? Community organizer, to senator for a year and a half (IIRC), president. Seems logical.

Ignoring Trump's numerous successes before he became a reality TV presence doesn't make Obama look any better.
    What successes? He claims he 'knows more about the military than the generals', whatever the f*ck that means... what is he basing that on? What's his governance record? What's his foreign policy record beyond being at the same taping of 60 minutes as Putin?

Dude is a silver spoon bankruptcy expert who has absolutely no experience in or knowledge of government. The only place where his nonsense works is in SNL skits.

And let's not forget that before he started his Republican campaign, he was one of the biggest supporters of Hillary Clinton and not just financially.

If he becomes the Republican nominee, his donation History and his own words will ensure a landslide victory for Hillary.
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 11-16-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Obama is Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Rupert Murdock is Yoda. Right, Fox News lovers out there?