Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    This.

Tennant was a scene stealer. Kingpin got on my nerve near the end. I really liked Daredevil, but I actually like this show better. Twisted, compelling, and none of the episodes felt like a filler. I really like the concept of a person with superpowers doing everything in her power not to become a typical superhero, but trying to remain human.

Should have been working on my paper, but I binged watched till episode 9 last night. Might finish it today.
    I wouldn't really call her a human or even trying to remain one. I think the purposes of the flashbacks were to show that after her parents died she never really was a human anymore. quasi-spoiler: [COLOR="White"]She struggled to accept that at first but embraced it which you'll see later on....[/COLOR]

But then after Kilgrave ****ed her up she lost any semblance of humanity she had gained back after her family died, so she was fractured even more. She couldn't live with herself anymore because of the things she did under his control, and so after that we found her as a shell of a person. She shunned her powers for the most part. Whereas before Kilgrave she was finally starting to embrace them, and was intending to use them for a greater good.

Yeah, I get what you mean now, after watching the scene in your white text. Still, it's refreshing to watch a show about a superhero that does not want to be one with a legit reason.

Tennant's Kilgrave is my favorite Marvel movie/tv villain currently. Damn, he really did a good job.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

Early in the season. It is fine, but not as nice as Daredevil.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i was hoping for a daredevil/matt murdoch cameo

Banned

I like to pace my self halfway through pretty good so far.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    2 episodes left, I've enjoyed it very much so far. Ready for DDS2.
    is this coming out before luke cage?

I like the Luke Cage inclusion, but do they have to fk everytime they see each other?

Done through 4 episodes. I don't binge watch, I can't watch 13 episodes in 2 days. I will spread it out over a week or so.

Just finished it. Story and theme wise, it's much better than Daredevil. This show doesn't cross the line, it power jumps past it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Just finished it. Story and theme wise, it's much better than Daredevil. This show doesn't cross the line, it power jumps past it.
    how? so many plot holes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    Jessica Jones

Just finished as well. I liked it because I didn't feel as if I was watching the clock waiting for it to finish. It sailed along and jeez kilgrave was brutal I didn't like the ending, it was anti climactic and I knew what would happen...but what can ya do?

When's Luke Cage out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    how? so many plot holes
    Daredevil does have a strong plot of its own. It's about how justice isn't blind to those with enough power as many suggest and is killing a villain the right thing to do, even though that goes against the typical superhero mentality.

Jessica Jones ties the same themes seamlessly on the side to the main theme of defining heroism, how damaging control over others can be, and coping with your past demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Just finished it. The first few were slow but compelling after that it gets a lot faster paced.

Didn't have a lot of faith in Ritter coming in, but she really impressed me. Tennant pulls off creepy so goddamn well in this it's amazing, and perhaps even more amazing how he can switch back and forth between that and his manic side so easily in this show. I enjoyed his performance as Purple Man way more than Kingpin.

I think Jessica Jones is a much better show than Daredevil. The only thing Daredevil had on it is superior fighting scenes. This iteration of Killgrave was just a much better villain than The Kingpin. The Kingpin was made bland and uninteresting.

Bump

Just watched season 3 recently. Like other seasons it moves way slower than I'd like, but if you crunch it together then it's good. It's a serious amount of time to get through, though.