Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    maybe there are more male refs than female refs because

there are a lot more men that go into the field of professional officiating

if there was the same amount of men and women applying for the job and there was a lot more men on the court then that would be wrong

that is not the case though
    /end thread
    Don't want to do this against a fellow Curry Family member but.... I'm sure there a several female applicants who are equally qualified for the job....

Dont be the: "When I type I type in bold. My opinion should be heard and told to everyone young and old because I am so smart guy"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    Don't want to do this against a fellow Curry Family member but.... I'm sure there a several female applicants who are equally qualified for the job....

Dont be the: "When I type I type in bold. My opinion should be heard and told to everyone young and old because I am so smart guy"
    How are you really sure that there are several female applicants that are more qualified than all the other male applicants? I can see where you are coming from when you made this thread, but you are gonna need some statistics to back up your gut feelings.

It makes much more sense that there are a lot more qualified men than women trying to get into professional NBA officiating rather than an NBA conspiracy to keep the Woman Referee down.

How are you really sure that there are several female applicants that are more qualified than all the other male applicants? I can see where you are coming from when you made this thread, but you are gonna need some statistics to back up your gut feelings.

It makes much more sense that there are a lot more qualified men than women trying to get into professional NBA officiating rather than an NBA conspiracy to keep the Woman Referee down.

This isn't something that can be backed up statistically because I doubt the NBA would release the number of applicants they have. But Even so when it comes down to it, it does not have to be based on numbers. You can do it by percentage of Women hired that are equally qualified as much as their male counterparts then scale that number to match the huge discrepancy of the ratio of M:F applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    Don't get too excited now jameer, the cartoons will get jealous.

is that u in ur avatar OP?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Jameer going for the kill.

We don't need emotionally unstable broads menstruating all over the court or being incredibly biased because some guy's "cute"

This isn't something that can be backed up statistically because I doubt the NBA would release the number of applicants they have. But Even so when it comes down to it, it does not have to be based on numbers. You can do it by percentage of Women hired that are equally qualified as much as their male counterparts then scale that number to match the huge discrepancy of the ratio of M:F applicants.
    I was talking in terms of total percentages the entire time.

I'm willing to bet that there are at least 99 more qualified male applicants to every female applicant.

There is no NBA conspiracy to keep women referees out of the game.

There are just a lot more qualified men referees in comparison to women.

I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    We don't need emotionally unstable broads menstruating all over the court or being incredibly biased because some guy's "cute"

Men are as emotionally unstable as women. Men Do crazy things because their egos were hurt... So your argument is simply farfetched and unoriginal.

I would think so.
    Proof?

players cant slap her ass, or its sexual harrasement

Proof?
    I'll send va jay jay pics dont worry.

One last thing, average age of an NBA ref is 46. In maybe 20 or so years I can see a lot more Women Refs. In today's society there are far less bounderies for women and they are even getting encouraged to participate in everything. For the girls growing up in this environment today there will be many more girls not only interested in sports, but seeing it as a realistic career opportunity instead of being "something for the guys". The whole progressive gender equality movement is going to take some time to get fully off the ground however. Rome was not built in a day.

In the 1970's when most of the NBA referee's were born. A woman being an NBA referee wasn't exactly a realistic goal for women to pursue as opposed to it being a concrete reality for men. This is one of the largest reasons why I was saying there are so many more qualified men applying for NBA officiating jobs instead of Women. When the girls of this generation start growing up there will be a lot more Women who have a different outlook on what or what not are realistic goals leading to more Women who seriously pursue the job as an NBA Official from an early age.

One last thing, average age of an NBA ref is 46. In maybe 20 or so years I can see a lot more Women Refs. In today's society there are far less bounderies for women and they are even getting encouraged to participate in everything. For the girls growing up in this environment today there will be many more girls not only interested in sports, but seeing it as a realistic career opportunity instead of being "something for the guys". The whole progressive gender equality movement is going to take some time to get fully off the ground however. Rome was not built in a day.

In the 1970's when most of the NBA referee's were born. A woman being an NBA referee wasn't exactly a realistic goal for women to pursue as opposed to it being a concrete reality for men. This is one of the largest reasons why I was saying there are so many more qualified men applying for NBA officiating jobs instead of Women. When the girls of this generation start growing up there will be a lot more Women who have a different outlook on what or what not are realistic goals leading to more Women who seriously pursue the job as an NBA Official from an early age.

Great Logic and makes sense.!