Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Firefighter allowed to pass despite failing tests, on medical leave after 10 days.

This summer, Choeurlyne Doirin-Holder made news after her classmates at the FDNY training academy complained that she was unqualified to be a firefighter because she wasn’t in good enough shape.

Her classmates claimed that she wasn’t able to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes.

However, despite failing the fitness portion of the exam, she was allowed to graduate and join the FDNY as a “priority hire” because she had previously experienced racial discrimination.

After only 10 days on the job, she broke her foot during a routine exercise.
    http://nypost.com/2015/11/22/struggl...-into-new-job/

Remember when I told you all about lowering standards? This fat piece of shit couldn't run a mile and a half in 12 minutes, so the commissioner of the ****ing NYFD made her her own special stair master challenge so she could pass.

And then she gets hurt jumping off a truck.

But she's a female, and she's black, and we all know the FDNY needs more of both because... well there really isn't a good reason. Cause diversity is great, or something, at least that's what's repeated although I haven't seen it play out like that in real life.

Hope waiver recruits who have no business with other people's lives in their hands never end up trying to put out a fire at my place.

She was a priority hire because she said she'd experienced racial discrimination. Every firefighter should walk off the job til they get rid of this 'we are equal we don't want the right applicants we want the right quotas' bullshit.

Default Re: Firefighter allowed to pass despite failing tests, on medical leave after 10 days.

it pisses me off. there are so many cases like this here in chicago where unqualified lazy black people (and whites) are hired for government jobs making 70k+ a year.

Default Re: Firefighter allowed to pass despite failing tests, on medical leave after 10 days.

Yeah that stuff is pretty stupid.
    If you can't qualify for the job than tough luck.

Banned

And then she gets hurt jumping off a truck.
    Didn't read the article, but isn't this just an accident that could happen to anyone regardless of how 'qualified' they were to point a hose at fire?

Does running 1.5 miles in a certain amount of time make you impervious to pain? Derrick Rose isn't qualified to be an NBA player?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Didn't read the article, but isn't this just an accident that could happen to anyone regardless of how 'qualified' they were to point a hose at fire?

Does running 1.5 miles in a certain amount of time make you impervious to pain? Derrick Rose isn't qualified to be an NBA player?
    Being physically fit reduces your likelihood of an injury...fatty.

You'd know that if you had exercised at any point in your life.

The part your glossing over is the fact she shouldn't have been there to begin with, but yes, exercise makes you less susceptible to injury.

If it was a matter of pointing a hose at a fire, there wouldn't be any fitness test at all.
    Last edited by UK2K; 11-27-2015 at 04:42 PM.

How many athletes with bodies like an adonis get hurt on a daily basis?
    I could have guessed this thread was gonna be about either a woman or a black guy or some other minority. You wouldn't make this thread if it happened to a white guy. Am I right?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

No it makes sure you don't have a heart attack when running in and out of a burning building

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    How many athletes with bodies like an adonis get hurt on a daily basis?
    I could have guessed this thread was gonna be about either a woman or a black guy or some other minority. You wouldn't make this thread if it happened to a white guy. Am I right?
    Holy shit, no amount of exercise makes you invincible?

What a revelation!

Are you really going to try and argue being physically fit doesn't mitigate the chance of an injury? Please say yes.

And you think white people who fail the test should be passed anyway? I dont. Maybe we should just get rid of the test all together? That's fair and equal to everyone right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Being physically fit reduces your likelihood of an injury...fatty.

You'd know that if you had exercised at any point in your life.

The part your glossing over is the fact she shouldn't have been there to begin with, but yes, exercise makes you less susceptible to injury.

If it was a matter of pointing a hose at a fire, there wouldn't be any fitness test at all.

I guarantee you I'm more athletic than you at my absolute worst. Sit down you clown.

Just seems like certain people were sitting around waiting for this girl to do anything they could write a story about. It'd be one thing if she somehow couldn't put out a fire or suffered some other actual job-related failure... But this was just an accident that could happen to anyone, regardless of how fit they were.

If your mom tripped and fell on her way to the bathroom, broke her ankle... Is that proof she wasn't qualified to be a pole dancer?

One has nothing to do with the other.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I was fire fighter certified at one time. When through the process with several departments and I'm familiar with these physical ability tests. No shock from me. It's all about who you know and if you're a minority that's need to fill a spot. Black females will definitely get hired. I remember there was a new hiring class for a department and they complained that the P.T. was too hard. So the instructors didn't make them do push ups and some of the other rigorous exercises...this was a class with females. My class was doing P.T. in the blazing sun in bunker gear.

I guarantee you I'm more athletic than you at my absolute worst. Sit down you clown.

Just seems like certain people were sitting around waiting for this girl to do anything they could write a story about. It'd be one thing if she somehow couldn't put out a fire or suffered some other actual job-related failure... But this was just an accident that could happen to anyone, regardless of how fit they were.

If your mom tripped and fell on her way to the bathroom, broke her ankle... Is that proof she wasn't qualified to be a pole dancer?

One has nothing to do with the other.
    A more apt comparison would be if she fell off a pole, ya know, like this girl fell off a fire truck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    A more apt comparison would be if she fell off a pole, ya know, like this girl fell off a fire truck
    Type 'firefighter injured' into google. Looks like there's a whole lot of unqualified motherf*ckers working for fire departments around the country.

The alarming lack of logic...

Type 'firefighter injured' into google. Looks like there's a whole lot of unqualified motherf*ckers working for fire departments around the country.

The alarming lack of logic...
    I don't give one single **** about her broken foot. She couldn't pass the test, but is still a fire fighter. That is ridiculous. If she was not on medical leave I would still feel this way. Her injury is irrelevant to me, I'm just pointing out your horrific logic.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Lowering or disregarding the physical standards for women and the written tests for African Americans is the new norm for fire and police departments. Ain't it just swell...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I don't give one single **** about her broken foot. She couldn't pass the test, but is still a fire fighter. That is ridiculous. If she was not on medical leave I would still feel this way. Her injury is irrelevant to me, I'm just pointing out your horrific logic.
    How was my logic 'horrific'?

Even if she is not qualified to point a hose at a fire, how is her hurting herself accidentally an indication of that? Everyone who gets injured at their place of employment, regardless of the circumstances, is automatically not qualified for their job?

How does that make any bit of sense whatsoever?