Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Let's talk about Paul Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

If not for Steph and the Warriors having a historic start, Paul George would be the MVP. Indiana has really been under the radar this year.

Decent college freshman

SLEPT-walked to a cool 39 points tonight. Super smooth and sexy.

Hairline is ON POINT. Literally doesn't even have to try to get buckets.

What more do you want?

LOL Did Detroit come to play that day? That has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. The Detroit player must have thought he meant for him to stop when PG waved his hand to his team mate.

He was way back for that shot. I think he was further out than Steph maybe.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    LOL Did Detroit come to play that day? That has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. The Detroit player must have thought he meant for him to stop when PG waved his hand to his team mate.

Its actually one of the most alpha, (I hate that word), shots to take. Or a really dumb shot...But actually, I think the fact that that team was plummeting, PG was like f-it....I'm gonna shoot it, lol..

I don't think he'd take a shot like that this year.

But anyway, let me bring some context to this discussion.

PG has played great but he's not alone. CJ Miles has been great, George Hill has stepped up. Lavoy Allen has done so many things that don't show up in the box score, tipping balls, setting great screens, hitting the offensive glass, playing good post defense.

Monta Ellis has played well despite his poor shooting. He's really been a leader to the young guys. The other night when the other team played hack-a-Ian Mahimi, it was Ellis that remind him to follow through on his free throws and to not hang his head. Lets just say after the next 5-6 ft's, there was no more hack-a-Ian. He's also been getting assists and really setting up other guys instead of looking for his own shot. And his defense has been fine. It helps him to play next to Hill and PG who are 2 excellent defenders.

Ian Mahimi has played very well, even showing some offense. He's a good shot blocker, the defense hasn't fell off at all. Plus he's active and can run the court.

Jordan Hill started slow but he's picked it up on the glass. The bench has been good let by Stuckey, Budinger, Allen, and even Glenn Robinson III has shown some great promise.

The team chemistry is OBVIOUSLY better when I watch them play and when I read the post game quotes.

And oh yeah, great coach.

And thats not including Myles Turner who also played well before he got hurt.

I'm honestly not surprised at how well we're playing. I'm not surprised at the record at all, I was more surprised we started 0-3 honestly. I knew what Bird was doing in the offseason. But I expected us to get over looked, afterall, its Indiana.

I AM surprised by how well PG is playing though. I can't say I expected this. I was still worried about his leg.
    Last edited by Dro; 11-30-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Its actually one of the most alpha, (I hate that word), shots to take. Or a really dumb shot...But actually, I think the fact that that team was plummeting, PG was like f-it....I'm gonna shoot it, lol..

I don't think he'd take a shot like that this year.
    It was because of a shot clock malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    It was because of a shot clock malfunction.
    You are correct sir. I do remember now. I completely forgot about that shot clock malfunction. I actually think it was not supposed to be reset but it actually was. But PG didn't even look at the clock, he just knew it should not reset so he took the shot.

But even watching now, its hard to make sense of it. Why would he waive off Hill like, "we got plenty of time, the clock reset", if he thought it was not supposed to reset in the first place?

I remember going through this at the time, now I'm clueless, lol..

SLEPT-walked to a cool 39 points tonight. Super smooth and sexy.

Hairline is ON POINT. Literally doesn't even have to try to get buckets.

What more do you want?
    Alpha as ****. Shooting a three that far away with 23 seconds left on the shot clock and making it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Alpha as ****. Shooting a three that far away with 23 seconds left on the shot clock and making it.
    That shot was from two seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors

Huh? What do you wanna see Detroit do there? Play lockdown D at the halfcourt mark? That was just a retarded shot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Huh? What do you wanna see Detroit do there? Play lockdown D at the halfcourt mark? That was just a retarded shot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0zAT9fNkY

look at the context. it wasn't a retarded shot at all but what he thought his only option was