Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Muslims try to setup Sharia's law in Texas, TX mayor responds

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Oh my someone's jimmies have gotten rustled. Your post is the same xenophobic garbage that has been spewed thousands of times. It has no substance and it boils down to "OMG I'm scared of non-white people even though white people are still the majority" notice its hilarious that you've made absurd claims that racism doesn't exist yet you're so quick to accuse me of being racist when I satirize your white tears. Canada is a good example of a country where there are large communities of non native Canadians that get along and even appreciate each other's culture. And although Canada has its fair share of ignorant racists, they're light years ahead of the US when it comes to multiculturalism. So yes it can work, but it would take the morons like yourself to actually admit that you have some strong prejudices.
    So, your position is that multiculturalism is good? Why? What's good about it? Seems like it only results in conflicts.

Oh, and if you're going to champion the alleged benefits of multiculturalism, please use something more compelling than the usual superficial "other cultures have good foods" type of reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    So, your position is that multiculturalism is good? Why? What's good about it? Seems like it only results in conflicts.

Oh, and if you're going to champion the alleged benefits of multiculturalism, please use something more compelling than the usual superficial "other cultures have good foods" type of reasoning.

Ah yeah, that is the favourite trope of the libtopian well-to-do middle classes; they have enough money to avoid the areas and schools ruined by mass immigration, but they can still enjoy all the exciting and exotic restaurants! Tis shameless elitism dressed up in egalitarian garb.

That idiot is also the only person making this about colour in here: region and origin are far more important than colour. I'd rather have immigrants from northern Tunisia than Pakistan, for example; and if from Pakistan, i'd far rather they be from Islamabad than from Balochistan. There is a difference between people adapted to a tribal form of life and those who are not, and the difference is more than skin-deep. But ideologues like lurker can't see at as anything other than 'whites being afraid of browns,' which is such a simplistic understanding of things, that i'm amazed that any human being could hold such a view and continue to take themselves seriously.

Apparently ghettoized communities that live by and enforce their own laws aren't a problem - some of these areas are unpoliced, especially when it comes to things like FGM, which the British police were reluctant to tackle because it was (in their words) "a sensitive cultural issue"
    Last edited by Dresta; 12-02-2015 at 09:52 AM.

as a muslim i was always thought to respect the laws of the land you live in especially as a visitor. So i don't support establishing Sharia Law but sharia law to some degree is practiced in the US. Maybe not to the degree of stone-ings/cutting hand of thieves but it exist and maybe needs to be brought to light.
    Muslims should respect the law and in their private life practice islamic law as long as it is not impacting non muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Why are you worried about England when you know there are Muslims trying to buy guns in Florida? You need to get down there and tell them to knock it off. Also, you need to take a trip to Irving, Texas. Your services are needed.
    I've got no problems with Muslims buying guns if they are legal citizens here in the states and are legally allowed to own them. I don't have a problem with any citizen legally able to own a firearm purchasing one.

What makes you think I would?

Well genius considering that the government approved them immigrating to Pakistan legally they'd probably would be pleased.
    Like the French government is pleased? Or Germany? I bet they're thrilled. That's why they're making laws specifically designed to affect the Muslim religion, cause they're pleased.

I avoid answering your questions because you're an idiot and use words like "leftist" like its supposed to be an insult. News flash the American right is a complete fuvcking joke to everyone in the world except the right. Anyways you act like there aren't large populations of immigrants that live in other countries without incident. I'm not going to get into Americans acting American in Pakistan, because you can't even begin to describe what "acting American means" but American law wouldn't supersede Pakistani law just like in Sharia law can't supersede American law. Any Muslim that wants that would be rightly told to go **** off, but there's conflicting information from the article as to whether its Sharia law or mediation But either way its a non issue because foreign laws would not apply in America and its just more fearmongering from right wing morons.

Oh by the way. Great job using fvcking Pakistan of all places as a comparison. I would hope the US would be set to a higher standard.
    You avoid my questions because the answers make you uncomfortable. You know, and I know, what would happen if 100,000 Americans invaded Pakistan, staked out a plot of territory, and then cried foul every time their feelings got hurt. You know exactly what would happen. But you can't say it because doing so would force you to admit that maybe not everyone is oh so nice like you pretend, and try to tell others, they are.

You can deflect all you want, I never really expected a real answer from you. That's what a leftist does, changes the subject, says 'but this is worse/better/more'. Like the kid in the Carolina Panthers thread... I said one thing about the Panthers schedule and he goes on a tirade about the Patriots, all the while telling me to have perspective while calling me a moron, idiot, etc.

That's what you and your kind do, but instead of idiot and moron, you throw out racist, bigot, homophobe, etc. to try and diminish the other side because you have no legitimate argument.

It's entertaining at times, but sometimes I would like to have a legitimate discussion about certain topics.

so the story in the OP is basically not true?

Using the word "muslims" for everything bad is unfair.

You have to look at the type of Muslims to understand why this is happening.

You will find that the problems lie within sub groups of Sunni Muslims like Wahabbists who follow the fundamentalist teachings of Islam to a tee.

If Western/european countries could put a block on these certain subgroups, terrorism and extremisms will disappear.

Is it in Texas?