Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant on the criticism of Kobe: "You guys treated one of our legends like sh**

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    the hate for bad play is warranted. but espn hacks are coming out with laughable articles saying kobes career isnt as great as advertised, or say hes not a top 10 but list senseless reasons as to why not

basically, theyre devaluing his legacy to the game, due to how horribly he has played this season.
    So basically they are doing what they do to every aging superstar who should retire but doesnt? Shaq, Brett Favre, now Peyton Manning and Kobe.

This is nothing new. When great athletes play past their prime they end up playing poorly and are justifiably criticized. I don't know why KD is butthurt, other than the fact that KD is mentally fragile

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant on the criticism of Kobe: "You guys treated one of our legends like sh**

the hate for bad play is warranted. but espn hacks are coming out with laughable articles saying kobes career isnt as great as advertised, or say hes not a top 10 but list senseless reasons as to why not

basically, theyre devaluing his legacy to the game, due to a painfully bad start to this season.
    There are plenty of basketball fans that feel that way, so I don't see what the problem is. Should they just suck him off and praise him so the kobe stans don't catch any feels?

lets also not pretend like you know what youre talking about. just watch kobes press conference from after last nights game. he honestly looked on the verge of tears when talking about how bad he was playing and how embarassing it is. the guy doesnt want this notoriety to his name. hes taking the stupid approach of trying to shoot his way out of it, but by no means is he craving the spot light.
    If he's really embarrassed, he'd quit right now and not keep playing/shooting and further embarrassing himself. He deserves the criticism. If you take $25 million knowing you're hurting the team - that's one thing - when you go out there and take stupid shots and hurt the development of the young players that's a whole 'nother thing. Either retire now, don't shoot or sit yourself on the bench.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    There are plenty of basketball fans that feel that way, so I don't see what the problem is. Should they just suck him off and praise him so the kobe stans don't catch any feels?
    They can do whatever the hell they want, as far as im concerned. but should people that respect kobes game and legacy (ie durant) not give their opionion of the situation so kobe detractors dont catch any feels?

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2 minutes ago
    Let me ask you: when Tom Cruise gets bad reviews in a movie, does that prove “the media” is out to get him? Or was it just a bad movie?

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2 minutes ago
    [I]Let me ask you: when Tom Cruise gets bad reviews in a movie, does that prove

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

basically, theyre devaluing his legacy to the game, due to a painfully bad start to this season.
    I have to agree with this statement. As a big kobe fan. I really hate the way he is palying this year, but ESPN and other media outlets are being their usual BS and challenging his all-time status because of his play in his 20th season after three major injuries. **** OFF ESPN!

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Shut up, KD. Everything Kobe has wrought on himself so far this season is from his own actions. If he actually cared about the Lakers future and his teammates development and stepped back and was this terrible while taking 7 or 8 shots...nobody would say a goddamn thing. The problem? This prima donna and egoist is launching up 17 shots a game while shooting .305%fg. You go out there attempting to play like a star...you will be criticized like one. Let's also not act like he doesn't enjoy being in the spotlight even if it's for being horrible....he ****ing loves it. He's like the stalker of the NBA...an attention seeking little whore.
    meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    The kind of respect no peer gives to lebron because of colluding, being spoon fed by the refs and taking shortcuts only to shit the bed at the end.
    "ship his ass out". That's worse than colluding. Begging your GM to get stars because you can't do it without stars is pathetic.

Players hated playing with Kobe. People like playing with Lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    It doesn't make anything he's done in the past any less amazing. Does Knight and Day make Top Gun crappier? no Knight and Day is just crappy.

This season is just crappy for kobe, but he is still a top10 player all-time and anyone talking about how this is hurting his legacy is just kicking an old man while he is down.
    What about the people that thought he was overrated to begin with.

Kobe has no memorable playoff moments except bad ones like the the 4 airballs in a row.. or 6-24.

Kobe got by on flash and hype, but little results. And the stats and advanced stats kinda back that up. He got by on media hype because he would scowl and talk about killer instinct all the time. But on the court he was never actually an all-time great player.

Ironically, people are now getting on to the media when they're the ones who created this monster in the first place.

I think collectively they figured out that none of the hype or scowling or "will to win" actually matters. Because he's still working hard and doing the same stuff, but yet still he's currently the worst player we've ever seen on a court for someone taking that many shots. It was all fake and bogus to begin with but he got away with it in his prime because he scored a ton of points on lottery teams and got carried by the best bigmen and coaches to titles.

Kobe was always overrated because people were enamored with his narcissistic personality. And RINGS. The stats and impact were never there enough to call him an all-time great though. (top 10)

IDC either way but that's the truth.

NBA sixth man of the year

This.....So I agree with KD...

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    "ship his ass out". That's worse than colluding. Begging your GM to get stars because you can't do it without stars is pathetic.

Players hated playing with Kobe. People like playing with Lebron.
    SMH, thats because of his play style. That doesn't mean they respect Lebron any more or less than Kobe.