Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Panthers are the Only Undefeated Team in the NFL

Cam Newton would stunt on the Pats D so hard if we played Carolina in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Not to shit on your parade or anything, but...

27. Carolina Panthers: 111-145, .434

Carolina has only played 4 teams with winning records (three of those being 6-5 being teams that wouldn't have a winning record if it wasn't for their schedule, Indy, Houston, and Seattle) and the other being the Packers (who have fallen apart and lost 4 of 5 since their bye).

I mean, yeah undefeated but... let's temper expectations a little here.

22. New England Patriots: 122-134, .477

So what? Teams can't control who they play, they just have to go out and win.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I worry about Carolina in the postseason. But that doesn't mean they're not an elite team. They're doing it old fashioned style. They're defense is what they're playing too. They run the ball and use the clock and then opponents are forced to score against that wall. Even the defense is old style. Linebacker had become the spot to not waste resources. Defensive backs to deal with what's become a set of rule making passing way too valuable. And pass rushers for the same reason. But this team is covering the entire field from the linebacker spot. It also doesn't hurt that they have playmakers at every level. Josh Norman is among the best corners in the league, and their DT position is among the best in the league. They're built like the Urlacher Bears or the Ray Lewis Ravens. And Cotchery has been super underrated as he was during all his time with the Jets. Everybody gripes they have no one to through to, and Cotchery somehow just keeps making plays.

I do worry a bit that the offense can be schemed against in the playoffs though. And even if the defense plays great, if you don't score much you're always just a play away. But they and Arizona are definitely the class of the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Panthers beat Arizona in the playoffs last year dude.
    Panthers beat a team without a QB...is that really that hard to do in the playoffs?

I have a feeling if they meet again this year, Cards win. Unless of course their QB is out again

Uhm Carolina has been dominating their opponents though.

Washington: 44 - 16
    Dallas: 33 - 14
    Tennessee: 27 - 10

They were absolutely destroying both Green Bay & Indianapolis.
    They were up 27-7 against Green Bay, and had a comfortable 17 point lead against the Colts in the 4th quarter. Rivera already told the guys that they must finish games strong.

Their response?

104 to 40, outscoring their opponents in the last 3 games.
    No game is a given in this league, so quit pretending like Carolina isn't elite.

No they won't win games like GB or NE do, by throwing the ball. That's not the type of team they are.

If you think they don't have what it takes to win the Super-Bowl, than go take a look at 2000 Baltimore and 90's Cowboys.

They won with elite defense and running the ball. That's what Carolina does; they wear you out with their defense and run game. Most importantly, they cause turnovers.

They beat Seattle in Seattle, when they were on the verge of falling to 2-4 (while Arizona was like 5-0 at the time). I'd say that's desperation; Carolina came out on top.

They played Indy, in a similar position. Absolutely dominated them for most of the game until the defense collapsed a little. Result? Being down by 3 in overtime; Cam orchestrated two impressive drives to kick two fields goals and secure a win.

They destroyed Philly; it was humiliating.
    They were down 10-0 to New Orleans and came back quickly to take a commanding lead in that game.

They destroyed Tampa, as well.
    They are getting better each week.

Carolina is a clock managing team. They run the ball and have an elite defense. So when they are up in a game, they start playing conservatively on offense. Which is why, unless their run game is dominant or their defense is scoring, very rarely will they try to run up the score offensively.

I think Cam did a fine job at displaying what he is capable off against Green Bay and Washington. When they ask him to take risks on offense, he does pretty damn good.

People just aren't believers yet, it's okay.
    See you guys in the playoffs.
    Last edited by West-Side; 12-01-2015 at 11:13 AM.

meltdown

Carolina will make the playoffs, relax till then.

Not to shit on your parade or anything, but...

27. Carolina Panthers: 111-145, .434

Carolina has only played 4 teams with winning records (three of those being 6-5 being teams that wouldn't have a winning record if it wasn't for their schedule, Indy, Houston, and Seattle) and the other being the Packers (who have fallen apart and lost 4 of 5 since their bye).

What the **** are you showing me?

Carolina's opponents are 52 - 64. [.448]

They were better when Carolina played them though.
    For example, New Orleans wasn't 4-7; Green Bay was 6-1; Philly wasn't struggling prior to Carolina's game; Titans had a lot of close games this season; Washington is surging just before getting their ass handed to them by Carolina.

You have to add context.
    It's unreal that idiots like you actually believe that beating Seattle, Philadelphia, Indy & Green Bay in a row doesn't solidify Carolina as an elite team and a legit contender.

Look at it this way;

Philadelphia wasn't struggling before playing Carolina.
    Green Bay was 6-1.
    Indianapolis was in desperation mode; they were struggling, they had to iwn that game [after Carolina's game they are 3-2 I believe].
    After Carolina handed Seattle a loss; they are 4-1.

Just putting things in perspective for you.

New England's Opponents: 58 - 63 [.479]

Big deal, NE only played FOUR winning teams as well.
    THREE of them are 6-5 [Colts, Steelers & Jets].

Carolina beating Seattle (in Seattle), Indianapolis, Green Bay, Philadelphia, streaking Washington team is way more impressive to me than BARELY beating the Steelers, Colts & Jets and losing the Broncos.

But whatever, people hate to put things in perspective on this forum anyways and just run their mouth.

I'd take NE's easy ass schedule over Carolina's any day.
    Fact is there are only like 8 winning teams in the league because there were like FOUR 8-0 teams to start the year, so the strength of the schedule is skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    What the **** are you showing me?

Carolina's opponents are 52 - 64. [.448]

They were better when Carolina played them though.
    For example, New Orleans wasn't 4-7; Green Bay was 6-1; Philly wasn't struggling prior to Carolina's game; Titans had a lot of close games this season; Washington is surging just before getting their ass handed to them by Carolina.

You have to add context.
    It's unreal that idiots like you actually believe that beating Seattle, Philadelphia, Indy & Green Bay in a row doesn't solidify Carolina as an elite team and a legit contender.

Look at it this way;

Philadelphia wasn't struggling before playing Carolina.
    Green Bay was 6-1.
    Indianapolis was in desperation mode; they were struggling, they had to iwn that game [after Carolina's game they are 3-2 I believe].
    After Carolina handed Seattle a loss; they are 4-1.

Just putting things in perspective for you.

New England's Opponents: 58 - 63 [.479]

Big deal, NE only played FOUR winning teams as well.
    THREE of them are 6-5 [Colts, Steelers & Jets].

Carolina beating Seattle (in Seattle), Indianapolis, Green Bay, Philadelphia, streaking Washington team is way more impressive to me than BARELY beating the Steelers, Colts & Jets and losing the Broncos.

But whatever, people hate to put things in perspective on this forum anyways and just run their mouth.

I'd take NE's easy ass schedule over Carolina's any day.
    Fact is there are only like 8 winning teams in the league because there were like FOUR 8-0 teams to start the year, so the strength of the schedule is skewed.
    Speaking of perspective....

Wtf? I just pointed out that the teams they have beaten aren't all that amazing.

Green Bay was 6-1 when Carolina beat them, the week after they'd been absolutely trounced by the Broncos. They've won one game since their bye week, which was the week before Denver destroyed them.

Their last 3 wins were against teams with a combined 10-23 record. I didn't say they sucked you big cry baby...I said temper expectations until they face a team with a legit shot at the Superbowl.

Their best win was week 2 against Seattle. They should be 11-0 given the schedule they've played. Not to say they were expected to go undefeated, but Carolina was probably favored in every game they've played this year.

Do you think they win out? I think they could, not because they're that awesome, but because they face the Falcons 2x, the Giants, the Saints, and the Bucs....

Tampa gon be wild card winners and end up in the super bowl, bet on it.

Speaking of perspective....

Wtf? I just pointed out that the teams they have beaten aren't all that amazing.

Green Bay was 6-1 when Carolina beat them, the week after they'd been absolutely trounced by the Broncos. They've won one game since their bye week, which was the week before Denver destroyed them.

Their last 3 wins were against teams with a combined 10-23 record. I didn't say they sucked you big cry baby...I said temper expectations until they face a team with a legit shot at the Superbowl.

Their best win was week 2 against Seattle. They should be 11-0 given the schedule they've played. Not to say they were expected to go undefeated, but Carolina was probably favored in every game they've played this year.

Do you think they win out? I think they could, not because they're that awesome, but because they face the Falcons 2x, the Giants, the Saints, and the Bucs....
    You're such a moron.
    Using your logic, New England should be 11-0 with their cup cake schedule.

I'd much rather Carolina face their shitty opponents than Seattle (on the road), Green Bay, Dallas, Philadelphia, Colts.

It's funny those 5 teams were all superbowl contenders.
    Who did NE even beat?

They've played ONE team that was a legit contender and lost to them with a backup QB.

You're such a moron.
    Using your logic, New England should be 11-0 with their cup cake schedule.

I'd much rather Carolina face their shitty opponents than Seattle (on the road), Green Bay, Dallas, Philadelphia, Colts.

It's funny those 5 teams were all superbowl contenders.
    Who did NE even beat?

They've played ONE team that was a legit contender and lost to them with a backup QB.
    Why do you keep talking about the Patriots? I don't care about the Patriots at all. You sound like a Democrat right now, constantly deflecting away from the topic.

All I said:

And then you tell me to have perspective while calling me a moron, an idiot, and so on. How old are you?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...ength-by-other

28th

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Str...edule-Rankings

31st

http://www.footballsavages.com/2015-...h-of-schedule/

27th

You act like what I said was blasphemy but in reality, everyone has them as having one of the 5 worst schedules of the season. A simple 'yeah their schedule sucks but a win is a win' is all you needed to say. Instead you launched into a tirade about the Patriots. I get you're about 17 or so, but it's not like I threw out an opinion that had no justification.

Have some perspective? You need to go to one of those colleges that has a 'safe space' where you never have to hear anyone tell you something you don't want to hear.

Why do you keep talking about the Patriots? I don't care about the Patriots at all. You sound like a Democrat right now, constantly deflecting away from the topic.

All I said:

And then you tell me to have perspective while calling me a moron, an idiot, and so on. How old are you?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...ength-by-other

28th

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Str...edule-Rankings

31st

http://www.footballsavages.com/2015-...h-of-schedule/

27th

You act like what I said was blasphemy but in reality, everyone has them as having one of the 5 worst schedules of the season. A simple 'yeah their schedule sucks but a win is a win' is all you needed to say. Instead you launched into a tirade about the Patriots. I get you're about 17 or so, but it's not like I threw out an opinion that had no justification.

Have some perspective? You need to go to one of those colleges that has a 'safe space' where you never have to hear anyone tell you something you don't want to hear.
    The strength of the schedule as it stands right now, not when Carolina played those teams.

Get that through your skull.

Dallas were 3-0 with Romo.
    Packers were 6-1.
    Seattle on the road, was tough.
    Philadelphia were #1 seed in their division before playing Carolina.
    Indy still had Luck, and they nearly beat NE & beat Denver I believe.
    Washington were red hot before playing Carolina.

You can sit there and look at records all you want but the fact is most of you morons had Carolina losing to Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle, Indy and Philly. They were the underdogs in those games, besides Indy/Philly.

But now with Romo out, Philadelphia collapsing, Packers struggling etc. sure the strength of the schedule looks worse then it was when the teams actually played.
    Last edited by West-Side; 12-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.

The strength of the schedule as it stands right now, not when Carolina played those teams.

Get that through your skull.

Dallas were 3-0 with Romo.
    Packers were 6-1.
    Seattle on the road, was tough.
    Philadelphia were #1 seed in their division before playing Carolina.
    Indy still had Luck, and they nearly beat NE & beat Denver I believe.
    Washington were red hot before playing Carolina.

You can sit there and look at records all you want but the fact is most of you morons had Carolina losing to Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle, Indy and Philly. They were the underdogs in those games, besides Indy/Philly.

But now with Romo out, Philadelphia collapsing, Packers struggling etc. sure the strength of the schedule looks worse then it was when the teams actually played.
    Ignoring your continued name calling for no apparent reason, I'd point out that 78% of people put money on Carolina in that game.

So no, most losers had their money on Carolina.

You're literally arguing with a bunch of websites that back up my statement.