Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Panthers are the Only Undefeated Team in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    don't pay attention to mexico's team and their shit fans. they feed off of it
    How the hell are the Cowboys Mexico's team? They are America's team, don't lay the Cowboys on us

Living in Mexico, the NFL is very popular but I've noticed that the 49ers, Raiders, Packers, Giants, Bears, Patriots, Steelers are very popular there. The Cowboys are also popular but it ain't Mexico's team

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

pretty sure the Cowboys have more fans in Mexico than any other team...Canada as well

Football is actually huge in Canada btw...2nd behind only hockey

Football is really a "North American" sport...not just the US

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...dallas-cowboys
    Last edited by ~primetime~; 12-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    pretty sure the Cowboys have more fans in Mexico than any other team...Canada as well

Football is actually huge in Canada btw...2nd behind only hockey

Football is really a "North American" sport...not just the US

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...dallas-cowboys
    Cowboys are very popular, not denying that. They have a huge fanbase based on their success from the 70's and 90's great teams and recently because Tony Romo has Mexican ancestry but as a diehard Bears fan, I run into a bunch of fellow Bears fans south of the border, that's my story and I'm not backing away from it

Yeah, Mexico is known as a soccer crazy nation and futbol is very popular but baseball, basketball and the the NFL are also very popular. In fact, baseball is the most popular sport in the north, more than soccer. The NFL is popular among more affluent fans, more than soccer, which is seen by more well to do fans as a working class sport, which I found weird.

Anyways, I think Carolina and the Cardinals are the elite of the NFC. A few weeks back I thought the Packers were the NFC team to beat but even my Bears beat them at home...that's sad

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Cowboys are very popular, not denying that. They have a huge fanbase based on their success from the 70's and 90's great teams and recently because Tony Romo has Mexican ancestry but as a diehard Bears fan, I run into a bunch of fellow Bears fans south of the border, that's my story and I'm not backing away from it

Yeah, Mexico is known as a soccer crazy nation and futbol is very popular but baseball, basketball and the the NFL are also very popular. In fact, baseball is the most popular sport in the north, more than soccer. The NFL is popular among more affluent fans, more than soccer, which is seen by more well to do fans as a working class sport, which I found weird.

Anyways, I think Carolina and the Cardinals are the elite of the NFC. A few weeks back I thought the Packers were the NFC team to beat but even my Bears beat them at home...that's sad
    I like the Cardinals as well, then Carolina, then Minnesota. All have great defenses, all have above average offenses.

In the AFC, it's really New England and Cincy, and while Denver won this week, I don't think Denver could hang with a healthy Pats team. Luckily for them, they may not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I like the Cardinals as well, then Carolina, then Minnesota. All have great defenses, all have above average offenses.

In the AFC, it's really New England and Cincy, and while Denver won this week, I don't think Denver could hang with a healthy Pats team. Luckily for them, they may not have to.
    I'm not buying into Cincy, not with Ginger Dalton as QB vs Tom Brady. Even though Denver beat NE last week, I also wouldn't take Denver's rookie QB vs Brady in an all or nothing match up.

In the NFC, I like Carolina and the Cards but I wouldn't overlook GB, they still have Rodgers and he can get hot and carry them to the SB. Not really buying the Vikes, they have the D and Peterson but Bridgewater isn't a QB I could see taking them to the promised land.

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

Panthers going to the Bowl

Only see the Seahawks or the Cardinals as a tough challenge

Cards with healthy Palmer could upset Carolina

Don't see it happening otherwise. Cam won't lose again to the Seahawks, not with the way they've been playing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I am so hoping for a rematch of the 2004 Super Bowl. Crazy to think that Brady was the Patriot's QB back then and is still playing at such a high level.
    It would be one hell of a game. Would've been kinda cool to see if both teams could make a run to the Bowl undefeated but that's not realistic to expect. Part of me is pissed we lost (okay, most of me), but there is a part that makes me feel like "okay, pressure is off now" and the Pats don't need to worry about redeeming the perfect season we lost in '07.

It's not crazy to think you guys could run the table the rest of this season: Saints, Giants, Falcons twice, Bucs is not easy but it is doable.

College superstar

NFL blew it on Sunday with some bs calls against NE that cost them the game......Didnt they want a 18-0 Panthers vs 18-0 NE going into Superbowl 50?

Still losing to the 18-1 patriots

If Carolina finishes 16-0 with that group of pass catchers (although I've always been a big Greg Olsen fan since CHI) then the fabric of reality will be forever torn.

I like how the Panthers have maximized their strengths though this season.

They better just hope they don't see a NASTY defensive front in the playoffs because we have seen how that story plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    If Carolina finishes 16-0 with that group of pass catchers (although I've always been a big Greg Olsen fan since CHI) then the fabric of reality will be forever torn.

I like how the Panthers have maximized their strengths though this season.

They better just hope they don't see a NASTY defensive front in the playoffs because we have seen how that story plays out.
    The 2013 Seahawks won with defense.

Their leading receivers were Golden Tate (64), Doug Baldwin (50), and Marshawn Lynch (36).

Olsen is on pace for 85 receptions, Ginn is on pace for 48 receptions, and Cotchery is on pace for 39 receptions.

Carolina wouldn't be the first to win with their play style. Seattle beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I'm not buying into Cincy, not with Ginger Dalton as QB vs Tom Brady. Even though Denver beat NE last week, I also wouldn't take Denver's rookie QB vs Brady in an all or nothing match up.

In the NFC, I like Carolina and the Cards but I wouldn't overlook GB, they still have Rodgers and he can get hot and carry them to the SB. Not really buying the Vikes, they have the D and Peterson but Bridgewater isn't a QB I could see taking them to the promised land.
    TB is a big reason they are 8-3.

The Vikings are 6-0 when TB throws for 200 yards or less. The rest of the NFL is 41-53 when their QB throws for 200 or less.

TB has thrown only 7 interceptions on the season, while throwing 319 pass attempts. That puts him right around these two in terms of int's per pass attempt:

Russell Wilson - 325 attempts, 7 picks
    Cam Newton - 332 attempts, 9 picks

TB hasn't thrown as many TD passes as those two, but he doesn't need to. He needs to control the ball, manage the game, and not do anything stupid. He does all three of those things very well. He's actually 28th in int/pass attempts in the league, ahead of Brees, Palmer, Cam, Ryan, Bortles.

He does just enough, but not too much, to allow his defense and the run game to get them W's.

I'm calling NO wins this weekend. Straight up. I'm putting $100 on it

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm calling NO wins this weekend. Straight up. I'm putting $100 on it
    At +260?

Rather bet $50 on them to cover, and use the other $50 to make a parlay out of it.