Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: with 17 seconds left, GSW up by 1 point, Why did Curry shoot that three?

Considering that he hit 2 big jumpers before that, its not out of the question he'd take a similar shot again. It just didn't drop.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: with 17 seconds left, GSW up by 1 point, Why did Curry shoot that three?

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    - He had made a 3 in the last possession
    - If he goes to the paint Gobert is waiting for him
    - Favors was guarding him on a switch
    - He's f.ucking Steph Curry, the GOAT shooter.

So yeah, I think it was a good decision (unlike WB's 3 pointer on Hawks x Thunder last minute)
    Pretty much. And as Harison said, for him, it's a good shot.

The rules are different for Stephen Curry, in terms of what shots are right and which ones are not. I didn't even bat an eye at the shot in question last night. He was just coming off a sequence where he'd casually drilled two or three shots more difficult than that one (pull-up secondary transition three, step-back from left wing.) And he wasn't hitting because he was hot or lucky; he was hitting because he's Stephen Curry and those are the shots he takes and makes at a startlingly high rate.

He has the green light from anywhere at all moments of the game because he has shown he can hit them.

However, this kind of reckless chucking will cost them against the Cavs in June... I can sense it.

Good High School Starter

I'd take my chances with Steph taking a 3 over anyone taking it into the paint with Gobert protecting the rim.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    He has the green light from anywhere at all moments of the game because he has shown he can hit them.

However, this kind of reckless chucking will cost them against the Cavs in June... I can sense it.
    riiiiiight

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Because he's an alpha motherphucker.

There's your only relevant answer.

Balls of steel

Should have deferred.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    LOL No.
    No, the shot clock wouldn't have let him hold it until a foul. He had to shoot at some point and some people thought he shot too soon. I think he had like 6 seconds left on the shot clock, but I could be mistaken. It wasn't as bad of a shot as people are acting like it was.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Town's Town
    No, the shot clock wouldn't have let him hold it until a foul. He had to shoot at some point and some people thought he shot too soon. I think he had like 6 seconds left on the shot clock, but I could be mistaken. It wasn't as bad of a shot as people are acting like it was.
    I've calmed down since I posted last night. That game nearly gave me a heart attack. I hated that shot because he missed it not because he took it I guess. Funny looking back on how heated I was with the whole team. Probably being unfair to Steph since he came back in and saved us when they squandered the lead in the 4th. Still think they could have come up with a better play but he wasn't doubled so I guess it was ok for him to take the shot. All in all we won anyway.