Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Ben Simmons Bandwagon

Dude is putting up 16/15/6 with over 2 steals and 1.3 blocks per game.

If he keeps this up throughout conference play and dominates in the tourney, is he comparable to Lebron as a prospect?

PS I know he lost the last two, empty stats, blah blah. Save it. Only time stats can be empty are if they're gathered in garbage time or you sacrifice one part of your game to acquire stats - leaving your man open to grab boards, gambling for steals, not playing D, etc.

Default Re: Ben Simmons Bandwagon

He has a really high floor as a player, with his athleticism and feel for the game. Not really an aggressive scorer (I've only watched 2 full games of his, but that was a knock scouts had on him in high school).

It's just great to see guys with his size/athleticism that flex their BBIQ that often. Great fakes too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What teams has LSU played against so far?

was he playin last night vs. Charleston???

also would hope to see more explosive offensive numbers

NBA lottery pick

He needs to score more. At least 22 ppg. I think he is a Lamar Odom/LeBron hybrid.

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

I am really excited about this guy. Love his feel for the game and I hope he works hard and wants to be great.

I'm not really on anyone bandwagon, I just appreciate talent and great players.

He has amazing passing and great rebounding skills, but his scoring skills is lackluster.

Rich Man's Lamar Odom with low ceiling, high floor imo.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Horrible shooter/scorer. No mid-range game. Yes, he'll make some highlight passes and grab some rebounds but that's about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by broy_mvp
    Horrible shooter/scorer. No mid-range game. Yes, he'll make some highlight passes and grab some rebounds but that's about it.
    retard alert

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broy_mvp

This kid is a big man - he can't GET BY guys off-the-dribble in the halfcourt.. Just look at the gifs below - he can't beat a slow white guy and must overpower him.. This won't work in the NBA against elite athletes.. He wouldn't make ANY of the shots below.

He's Draymond Green, except he can't shoot or play defense... He's a slightly taller Evan Turner, or a more athletic Boris Diaw.. Regardless, he won't be a perennial all-star, I guarantee it.. I actually don't think he'll be an all-star at all.. Remember, he can't shoot either.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

This kid is a big man - he can't GET BY guys off-the-dribble in the halfcourt.. Just look at the gifs below - he can't beat a slow white guy and must overpower him.. This won't work in the NBA against elite athletes.. He wouldn't make ANY of the shots below.

He's Draymond Green, except he can't shoot or play defense... He's a slightly taller Evan Turner, or a more athletic Boris Diaw.. Regardless, he won't be a perennial all-star, I guarantee it.. I actually don't think he'll be an all-star at all.. Remember, he can't shoot either.

Already?!

Tolerant Liberals

He bodied that white boy out of the way like a training dummy. Also, the other team is giving him the Lebron treatment, which is a great sign. They'd rather him take wide open 18 footers than drive & collapse the defense. His athleticism is top notch and your GIFs actually work to prove it. They cant stop him from getting to the rim even though the defender is literally sagging 4 feet off of him.

Banned

Regardless, he won't be a perennial all-star, I guarantee it.. I actually don't think he'll be an all-star at all.. Remember, he can't shoot either.
    will you promise to kill yourself when he makes his inevitable all-star debut or are you not that confident?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat

He bodied that white boy out of the way like a training dummy.
    That's the problem - he can't actually BEAT the lower D1, slow white guy off the dribble, so he has to body him.

Also, the other team is giving him the Lebron treatment, which is a great sign. They'd rather him take wide open 18 footers than drive & collapse the defense.
    Even though Lebron's jumpshot isn't good, it isn't horrific like Simmons... Lebron's jumper is good enough to actually MAKE the wide open jumpers teams give him... Simmons can't.

Also, Lebron used to blow by guys all the time and actually BEAT them off the dribble.. Everyone is making a big mistake thinking this kid compares to Lebron.

His athleticism is top notch and your GIFs actually work to prove it. They cant stop him from getting to the rim even though the defender is literally sagging 4 feet off of him.
    Not it isn't... He is NOT an elite athlete... Not even close really.

Again, it's a bad sign that Simmons needs to repeatedly body a lower D1, slow, white boy.. Against an NBA athlete, he doesn't score on ANY of those gifs.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-01-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

So now we are making 5 year out scouting assessments on 3 gifs that actually show the guy driving into the paint and doing damage