Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ben Simmons Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

This kid is a big man - he can't GET BY guys off-the-dribble in the halfcourt.. Just look at the gifs below - he can't beat a slow white guy and must overpower him.. This won't work in the NBA against elite athletes.. He wouldn't make ANY of the shots below.

He's Draymond Green, except he can't shoot or play defense... He's a slightly taller Evan Turner, or a more athletic Boris Diaw.. Regardless, he won't be a perennial all-star, I guarantee it.. I actually don't think he'll be an all-star at all.. Remember, he can't shoot either.

Look how much space his defender is backing off him. That's why Simmons isn't beating him off the dribble.

NBA Superstar

Lower D1? Marquette?

Decent college freshman

Isn't that "slow white guy" Henry Elleson, the guy currently considered a mid-lotto pick after being a 2015 HS All-American?

Simmons has a horrible mid-range game and is pass-first to a fault, but apparently has excellent lateral quickness and is very fast in the open court. Elite court vision and feel for the game. Subpar wingspan for his height, but is already a strong 240 pounds and is learning how to leverage his size. Crazy rebounding rate. He should work well in a switching defensive scheme. I still think he's maximized as a PF in a 4-out, 1-in system where he is one of the two primary creators.

Draymond didn't shoot or make 3s at a good clip until his junior year @ MSU. Simmons is nearly 4" taller, but has inferior wingspan.This is the first year in the NBA that Green has been an above average 3-point shooter, for more context. Did Turner effortlessly look this dominant as a freshman? Or even as a junior, when he got drafted? I honestly can't remember much about ET in school.

I want to see how he performs against more high-caliber teams but he seems to be the #1 guy this year in college bball and I'm not sure I see that changing much throughout the year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Look how much space his defender is backing off him. That's why Simmons isn't beating him off the dribble.
    Again, it's a bad sign that Simmons needs to repeatedly body a lower D1, slow, white boy.

And btw - even though Lebron's jumpshot isn't good, it isn't horrific like Simmons... Lebron's jumper is good enough to actually MAKE the wide open jumpers teams give him... Simmons can't.. He won't be able to shoot the jumper, which limits him severely.

Also, Lebron used to blow by guys all the time and actually BEAT them off the dribble.. Whereas Simmons must body slow, lumbering white guys... Everyone is making a big mistake thinking this kid compares to Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love the Game
    So now we are making 5 year out scouting assessments on 3 gifs that actually show the guy driving into the paint and doing damage
    you guys are hilarious - you think that slow white boy compares to al horford?

or draymond green?

or lebron?... imagine simmons driving the lane on those guys the same way he drove the lane against the slow, white lower D1 college kid.

that's the problem with you guys - you see Simmons using his body against a slow, white college player, and think he could do that to horford... obviously, it would be like night and day... and when that happens, you guys will be scratching your head and i'll be scratching my beard.

again - if he was facing an nba defender in those gifs, he doesn't convert ANY of those shots..

you guys are hilarious - you think that slow white boy compares to al horford?

or draymond green?

or lebron?... imagine simmons driving the lane on those guys the same way he drove the lane against the slow, white lower D1 college kid.

that's the problem with you guys - you see Simmons using his body against a slow, white college player, and think he could do that to horford... obviously, it would be like night and day... and when that happens, you guys will be scratching your head and i'll be scratching my beard.

again - if he was facing an nba defender in those gifs, he doesn't convert ANY of those shots.
    don't be racist. The "Slow white boy" is a projected lottery pick and All-American. He's like 6'10" 240 with NBA athleticism.

Simmons is a poor shooter. So are most guys his age. He's a freak athlete with high bball IQ and an excellent motor.

NBA Superstar

So threebs gonna continue to ignore the fact that the opposing team is Marquette and the opposing player is the team captain and former HS All-American?

Lower D1 white boy...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    So threebs gonna continue to ignore the fact that the opposing team is Marquette and the opposing player is the team captain and former HS All-American?

Lower D1 white boy...
    he's a slow white boy that simmons couldn't even get a HALF a step on

but keep thinking this guy is lebron...

NBA Superstar

I'm a f@ggot with no ground to stand on
    I know

he's a slow white boy that simmons couldn't even get a HALF a step on

but keep thinking this guy is lebron...
    slow (he's not) white (irrelevant) boy (240lb man)

If Simmons got 2 steps on him it wouldn't have mattered. Look how far away he was playing off of him and he STILL was scoring on him in the paint. On the projected 8th pick in the draft.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

This kid is a special, special talent.

Marion + Odom + Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

If Simmons got 2 steps on him it wouldn't have mattered.
    ^^^ sheer dumbness - when you start saying things that make no sense... you lose

Obviously, if a player gets two steps on a defender.... they are BY that defender..

Two steps means the defender is behind them, not in front of them every step of the way like the slow white boy that Simmons couldn't get even a HALF step on.

^^^ sheer dumbness - when you start saying things that make no sense... you lose

Obviously, if a player gets two steps on a defender.... they are BY that defender..

Two steps means the defender is behind them, not in front of them every step of the way like the slow white boy that Simmons couldn't get even a HALF step on.
    keep deflecting I'm saying Simmons could have taken 2 steps before Elleson moved and still wouldn't have been by him.

You're a ****ing moron. Everyone knows this. Delusional, delusional trolling. Literally nothing you say has any worth anymore. Your best bet is retiring this account and starting fresh. Not that it will take us long to figure out which ****** is you.

That's the problem - he can't actually BEAT the lower D1, slow white guy off the dribble, so he has to body him.

Even though Lebron's jumpshot isn't good, it isn't horrific like Simmons... Lebron's jumper is good enough to actually MAKE the wide open jumpers teams give him... Simmons can't.

Also, Lebron used to blow by guys all the time and actually BEAT them off the dribble.. Everyone is making a big mistake thinking this kid compares to Lebron.

Not it isn't... He is NOT an elite athlete... Not even close really.

Again, it's a bad sign that Simmons needs to repeatedly body a lower D1, slow, white boy.. Against an NBA athlete, he doesn't score on ANY of those gifs.
    Dude, the guy sagged like 10 fet off of him, how do you beat the guy off the dribble then?

I see elite NBA body, passing and a soft touch.

I`m ON the badwagon.

Jeff should change 3ball's name to 3gif.