Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Ben Simmons Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer

Dude, the guy sagged like 10 fet off of him, how do you beat the guy off the dribble then?
    it doesn't matter - ben simmons is slow off-the-dribble in the halfcourt... just like evan turner or draymond green.

btw, why is the defender sagging off him that much?... that's what i thought...

it's a KNOCK on simmons that they're already sagging off his broke jumper - his form is atrocious... [COLOR="DarkRed"]when they give him the open jumper, he doesn't have the option of actually TAKING the jumper - his jumper is THAT BAD..[/COLOR]

I see elite NBA body, passing and a soft touch.
    not enough to be an elite NBA player

I`m ON the badwagon.
    You'll be off before you know it, just like the many other players you've been wrong about.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-01-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    it doesn't matter - ben simmons is slow off-the-dribble in the halfcourt... just like evan turner or draymond green.

btw, why is the defender sagging off him that much?... that's what i thought...

it's a KNOCK on simmons that they're already sagging off his broke jumper - his form is atrocious... [COLOR="DarkRed"]when they give him the open jumper, he doesn't have the option of actually TAKING the jumper - his jumper is THAT BAD..[/COLOR]

not enough to be an elite NBA player

You'll be off before you know it, just like the many other players you've been wrong about.
    Okay, I`m not afraid to admit to it when I`m wrong but who do you have in mind? Who are those many I`ve been wrong about??? Come on now, QBall!

if a defender backs that far off you, you're never gonna blow past him, thats the only thing the defender is trying to stop in that situation.

the best option is to just overpower the defender as he backpedals.

but i wouldnt expect 3ball to know that, its the kind of thing you learn by actually playing basketball.

I actually agree with the bigger ETO or Diaw comparisons not that those comparisons are necessarily a bad thing. He is closer to those guys than Bron or Blake because while he is athletic and has great body control his athleticism isn't elite.