Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reggie Jackson top 10 PG

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Wtf? Reggie Jackson has been ass since his hot, unsustainable start and is one of the main reasons Detroit has lost 8 out of their last 11. Dude is a moron like half the time he's out there.

First 6 games where Detroit went 5-1....23/6 on 55% TS

Next 11 games where Detroit has gone 3-8....16/6 on 47% TS

He's incredibly streaky, takes a ton of bad shots, is a very low IQ PG. I know quite a few Pistons fans irl who cannot wait for Brandon Jennings to come back because of how frustratingly inconsistent Jackson is.
    Nice of you to leave out his 31/8/5 on 11/18 shooting from last night, but I guess that didn't fit your agenda.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Nice of you to leave out his 31/8/5 on 11/18 shooting from last night, but I guess that didn't fit your agenda.

Decent college freshman

No but it fit OP's agenda, which is why he posted this thread today. But again, if you watch all the games and study his point guard play...he's closer to a bottom-10 point guard.

Ranks 45th among all point guards in assist ratio
    Ranks 35th among all point guards in turnover ratio
    Ranks 41st among all point guards in shooting percentage

He's playing out of position. He's not really a point guard at all, as he has very poor court vision and minimal instincts as a floor leader/distributor. On top of that, his defense is weak and he can't shoot from the perimeter. He's a scoring guard who can drive the basket at will, on anybody. But that's all he can do on a consistent basis.

Last edited by jayfan; 12-01-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Against a James Harden backcourt. -> Still fits agenda

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    No but it fit OP's agenda, which is why he posted this thread today. But again, if you watch all the games and study his point guard play...he's closer to a bottom-10 point guard.

Ranks 45th among all point guards in assist ratio
    Ranks 35th among all point guards in turnover ratio
    Ranks 41st among all point guards in shooting percentage

He's playing out of position. He's not really a point guard at all, as he has very poor court vision and minimal instincts as a floor leader/distributor. On top of that, his defense is weak and he can't shoot from the perimeter. He's a scoring guard who can drive the basket at will, on anybody. But that's all he can do on a consistent basis.

This. He's not a good PG. He's a shitty Westbrook wannabe.

Dude has awful court vision and black hole/chucker tendencies. Lots of scoring talent but he's nto a very good point guard.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Wtf? Reggie Jackson has been ass since his hot, unsustainable start and is one of the main reasons Detroit has lost 8 out of their last 11. Dude is a moron like half the time he's out there.

First 6 games where Detroit went 5-1....23/6 on 55% TS

Next 11 games where Detroit has gone 3-8....16/6 on 47% TS

He's incredibly streaky, takes a ton of bad shots, is a very low IQ PG. I know quite a few Pistons fans irl who cannot wait for Brandon Jennings to come back because of how frustratingly inconsistent Jackson is.
    Yeah, I think his overall digits are a little deceiving. Whatever his averages are on the year are not necessarily close to what he's been providing on a consistent game-by-game basis.

That said, he's hit peaks high enough at times to give me a fair amount of hope. He still has some things he needs to "get" and you never necessarily know if that's going to come, but I think he's got a chance.

Regarding Jennings though, I'm not sure there's many, if any, Pistons fans I know who want him back as a means of taking over for Jackson (though I'm not sure that's what you're saying either.) Rather, the yearning for Jennings is due to the team's awful bench play. Detroit's starting unit is one of the most productive in the league but the bench has too often been a wasteland.

If Jennings can work himself back into being an effective player (Achilles recoveries seem so iffy), that'd be nice for that second unit.