Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Is Curry becoming the most overrated player?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Everyone was in awe of MJ worldwide after 92, maybe you hated he destroyed your team, but there was never any disagreement to his GOAT status, he was never hated, disrespected or disliked like Lebron/Kobe.

MJ was a world phenom, he and Michael Jackson were probably the two most well known people in the world. MJ was the 90s, the literal personification of the victory of American spirit over communism, an icon. You could ask a granny in Sweden and she would know him.

I want to make people understand that growing up with MJ was not just watching a basketball player, it was riding along a wave of unbriddled optimism in the 90s, when the world was seemingly safe, the dotcom boom still a boom and not a bust, the President was a cool sax player, not a half muslim SJW.

And watching MJ he never let his audience down, his career literally something out of a Hollywood movie, every time you thought he'd be done and couldn't overcome he delivered, and as his myth grew, he NEVER failed and then left us with an iconic last shot for the championship, which I watched live. After MJ, a lot of us thought now will come along another great guard like him and take over, Jerry Stackhouse was the first hope, then Allen Iverson, then Vince, then McGrady, then Kobe.

But there would never be a new MJ and the world went quickly to shit after 9-11.

And so, the fall of MJ was the fall of the Great American Dream
    In 92 MJ was perhaps the most likable guy out there, but fast forward to his second run, he had a LOT of haters. People were just sick of the same guy winning. A lot of people just wanted a chance and they strongly rooted against him.

Overrated if you think he is better than Lebron.
    Overrated if you think he's the best shooter of all time.

Outside of that he's getting fair props.

I did come across a jackass or two saying they would take Curry over MJ. And its their opinion.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    Thank you. And 2007 was arguably worse year for him defensively. I watched ever Lakers game. The coaching staff even called him out for his poor inconsistent defense.
    To Kobe stans because he got the award he was Elite Defensively

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Overrated if you think he is better than Lebron.
    Overrated if you think he's the best shooter of all time.

Outside of that he's getting fair props.

I did come across a jackass or two saying they would take Curry over MJ. And its their opinion.
    Who is a better shooter? I mean up until now the list was basically Miller or Allen...special thanks to Bird in the 3 point contests. Neither are even close to Curry.

Curry is so far this year better than lebron. It isn't even up for debate.

Yeah I'm not calling Curry better than MJ but if he keeps this up for a whole season. This would be a better reason than anything MJ did. What Curry has done through 20 games is just insane.

He's the best player in the league at the moment and it's not even close. Dropping 40 on 50+/45+/94+ efficiency and in three quarters. That's absurd, like something out of 2K MyCareer.

Stats don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    He's the best player in the league at the moment and it's not even close. Stats don't lie.
    what does Westbrook stats say since that is ur argument?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    what does Westbrook stats say since that is ur argument?
    Worse efficiency in all categories, including over 5 turnovers per game.

He's more athletic therefore he grabs more rebounds per game. That's all he got on Curry. That's a bit harsh because in 9 out 10 other seasons he could have been a first option for an MVP. He's playing great but Curry is on another level right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    Worse efficiency in all categories, including over 5 turnovers per game.
    So curry better shooter. Awesome and im sure Westbrook ast to turnover ratio is better than Currys. So there goes that.

Make note, I'm not arguing that Curry cant be taken over Westbrook. But this no debate, not even close stuff? Nah, its a debate and close even if you still side with Curry. He's on fire, he's hot.

I remember when Durant was in these shoes. Its 2015 and no one cares about the guy no more. Just talking out loud.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Well idk about on here, but on Realgm there's talk about him being the GOAT peak, and that he'll end his career as a top 5 player ever. I disagree with both assertions. He's having what likely looks to be a top 10 peak of all time, but there does seem to be a bit of an overreaction to a 20 game sample.

None of the best shooters in NBA history ever did anything like what Curry is doing now, or even got close. Not only is he shooting 46% on 3s (on a crazy 11 attempts) but he is also shooting 60% on 2s.

Averaging 32 ppg with a TS of 70% is just nuts. Jordans best TS over a season was 61.4%.