Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

YES!

This is what the majority wants.
    Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His message comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," Trump said in a statement. "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Trump's comments are likely to roil the Republican presidential race, forcing many of his opponents for the nomination to engage in a debate over whether there should be a religious test to enter America. But they may do little to dent Trump's own popularity among Republican primary voters. The billionaire businessman has dominated the GOP contest for months despite repeated controversies that would likely sink other White House hopefuls.

Trump's campaign added in the release that such a ban should remain in effect "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

The release pointed to an online poll from the controversial Center for Security Policy, which claimed that a quarter of Muslims living in the U.S. believe violence against Americans is justified as part of a global jihadist campaign. Critics have questioned the reliability of the organization's information. It also pointed to a Pew Research poll, which the campaign declined to identify, which the campaign claimed points to "great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."

Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told CNN on Monday that the ban would apply not just to Muslim foreigners looking to immigrate to the U.S., but also to Muslims looking to visit the U.S. as tourists.

"Everyone," Lewandowski said when asked if the ban would also apply to Muslim tourists.

"Great surveillance and vigilance must be adhered to," said Trump in an additional statement Lewandowski provided to CNN. "We want to be very fair but too many bad things are happening and the percentage of true hatred is too great. People that are looking to destroy our country must be reported and turned in by the good people who love our country and want America to be great again."

Lewandowski declined to answer multiple questions about what the shutdown on Muslim immigration would mean for Muslim Americans and Muslims already living in the U.S. legally.

Obama's deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes reacted to Trump's call Monday on CNN, calling it "totally contrary to our values as Americans" and pointed to the Bill of Rights' protection of freedom of religion and pointing to the "extraordinary contributions" Muslim Americans have made to the U.S.

"But it's also contrary to our security," Rhodes told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room." "The fact of the matter is ISIL wants to frame this as a war between the United States and Islam, and if we look like we're applying religious tests to who comes into this country, we're sending a message that essentially we're embracing that frame and that is going to make it very difficult to partner with Muslim communities here in the United States and around the world to prevent the scourge of radicalization that we should be focused on."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politi...ion/index.html

Banned

Default Re: Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S.

I'm not down with that.

You don't even live in the US, you have no say. Can't even vote for this clown if he runs

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    You don't even live in the US, you have no say. Can't even vote for this clown if he runs

so what happens to you if he gets in?

deported or?

Why do you non-American creeps care so much about us? Rent free.

Banned

I can vote bro.

I have no say anyways. Neither do you. These elections are bullshit and our vote doesn't mean shit with the way it's set up now.

I'm pretty sure the "majority" doesn't want that.

When he doesn't get the nom and runs 3rd party...it's going to be hilarious

Gonna be even greater when we see ads for his next reality show a few months after the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

deported or?
    I'd like to see him try. He might need some of them Chicago cops to plant some stuff on me

I'm legal, I'm law abiding, I'm educated, I enjoy the freedom of this country, I have a job, I'm an asset to the economy. Plus there are rights. Also he isn't coming close to presidency

this is stupid in the sense that you are making Muslims the enemy, and not just the terrorists, there for, breeding more Muslims to turn into terrorist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    this is stupid in the sense that you are making Muslims the enemy, and not just the terrorists, there for, breeding more Muslims to turn into terrorist.
    Stop being PC you pu$$y. That's why America is a third world hell hole right now. PC libtards like you who are afraid to tell it like it is.

NBA Superstar

trump4prez

vote obomba if u want another 9/11

I'd like to see him try. He might need some of them Chicago cops to plant some stuff on me

I'm legal, I'm law abiding, I'm educated, I enjoy the freedom of this country, I have a job, I'm an asset to the economy. Plus there are rights. Also he isn't coming close to presidency

As unfortunate as this may sound to you, can you understand that thwere is literally NO OTHER WAY to weed out the troubled ones among you?

It's not like you guys can't take far more drastic measures to curb the extremism. Too many of you fencesit and allow shit to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

deported or?
    No one man has all that power.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

It's America's and all other countries affected by terrorism at the hands of Muslims fault for taking drastic measures to stop it?

What do you propose would work better? Because I don't see the moderates doing near enough to stop the troubled ones.

And there is no way in hell that they don't hear anti-western chatter among their friends. If they were serious about it, they'd take it up with them.