Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Facebook to monitor hate speech, ok with terrorism

It's good to know Mark Sucker Berg has his priorities straight. After the Paris attacks and San Bernardino, he made no public statement of support. However he felt it necessary to speak out against Donald Trump and assure Muslims that Facebook will be a safe haven against "backlash" hate speech. So it sounds like Facebook will work to protect Muslims against hate speech on Facebook.

While they do that, here are a few groups and pages that Facebook doesn't seem too concerned about:

Jihadi John (page) 9065 likes
    Islamic Terrorism (page) 1595 likes
    Sharia Law (page) 482 likes
    Bin Laden Family (page) 370 likes
    Jihad is the Best (group) 300 members
    Jihad in our Hearts (group) 300 members
    Jihad Weapons (group) 330 members
    America is Burning (group) 834 members

These are just a small fraction of the terror support groups and pages on Facebook. The list is virtually endless (these are a few of the most egregious that I found in 5 minutes). Many groups are public and all written in Arabic. Here's a question; if I have a small website and a terror group organized on it, am I criminally liable for aiding a terrorist plot? I guess even some websites are "too big to fail" these days.....

NBA Legend

Default Re: Facebook to monitor hate speech, ok with terrorism

Facebook is for the mindless masses anyway. Fvck em.

Honestly at this point in time, who gives a shit? There's most likely Aryan Nation and New Black Panther party groups still open too

We're all backwards hypocrites, some just to a more magnified degree

Yep, thats it mate.

We are living more and more in a matrix of bullshit, the world is so corrupt and ****ed and is skyrocketing to a worse place.

Can't trust anything, most media forms control the masses and have brainwashed them into stupid zombies with shit priorities and weak thoughts - all disguised as being a caring human, while bombs go off every day.

Zuckerface is a ****ing criminal.

**** this planet.

Cheers

Banned

I'm sure it helps the Federales identify and track potential terrorist/sympathizers.

Who would be stupid enough to join a public group titled 'Jihad is the Best' or 'Islamic Terrorism'?

Quote Originally Posted by RocSteady
    Honestly at this point in time, who gives a shit? There's most likely Aryan Nation and New Black Panther party groups still open too

We're all backwards hypocrites, some just to a more magnified degree

The Army of God, a Christian terrorist group responsible for many abortion clinic/planned parenthood killings, bombings, etc has a public website where they praise their members for the murders and other atrocities they commit.

Freedom of speech.

IMO, better they do it out in the open than in the shadows.

Banned

It has little to do with "hate speech" or "terrorism"

That's just what they do to veil their anti-white agenda.

You can be guaranteed if the "terrorist" were a bunch of blue eyed german/swedish guys then the media, facebook, all this shit would be calling for their heads rather than trying to come up countless excuse.

Their classification of "hate speech" will also be good ol Jim posting something like "We should not let muslims into our country".

Meanwhile young refugee Abdul who posts "We must kill, conquer, and pillage the people of _____(insert Western nation here) in the name of Allah!" will not be considered hate speech.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

You can be guaranteed if the "terrorist" were a bunch of blue eyed german/swedish guys then the media, facebook, all this shit would be calling for their heads rather than trying to come up countless excuse.

Their classification of "hate speech" will also be good ol Jim posting something like "We should not let muslims into our country".

Meanwhile young refugee Abdul who posts "We must kill, conquer, and pillage the people of _____(insert Western nation here) in the name of Allah!" will not be considered hate speech.
    Yeah, I remember when the media was all over these blue-eyed devils

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I'm sure it helps the Federales identify and track potential terrorist/sympathizers.

Who would be stupid enough to join a public group titled 'Jihad is the Best' or 'Islamic Terrorism'?

The Army of God, a Christian terrorist group responsible for many abortion clinic/planned parenthood killings, bombings, etc has a public website where they praise their members for the murders and other atrocities they commit.

Freedom of speech.

How would it help them track anyone? Did you have to show your birth certificate or give your social security to join Facebook? Freedom of speech? I guess that only applies for pro terror speech, because if you put down a Muslim Facebook is going to be all over it.

Freedom of speech.

I was gunna type, there must be some wack Christian bombers out there who are open about their hatred and organize on Facebook, you just gave specifics so yes, there is nothing shocking about this policy or idea to have these groups up on Facebook.

I also agree that its better for this kind of stuff to become public knowledge that your average user van be privy to and for Intel of whatever agency to monitor

NBA Legend

Freedom of speech.

This is a good point. Let extremists of any kind out themselves. OTOH If it could be demonstrated that shutting their web shit down made it legitimately harder for them to network and coordinate then itd have to be looked at, but realistically it probably wouldnt. Might as well let them leave an IP trail on all their extremist activities.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    How would it help them track anyone? Did you have to show your birth certificate or give your social security to join Facebook? Freedom of speech? I guess that only applies for pro terror speech, because if you put down a Muslim Facebook is going to be all over it.
    what? do u really think the only way to track someone is if they publically broadcast who they are

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

I know this is a popular idea in some circles but IMO it really misses the point. The medias first and foremost concern is making money as a business. They dont care who gets torn down or propped up in that regard.

The logistics of covering stories on minority groups are different from those of the dominant group. The public itself sees minorities as vulnerable, disadvantaged, special needs, etc. and are much more wary of the "big bad media establishment" picking on them. Whereas how they cover a story about majority groups is not seen as important, because the public perception really does not jeopardize dominant majorities regardless.

They simply have to be more delicate, more lopsided, and more deceptive when covering minority issues or else theyll face consumer backlash. Liberals and minorities are a huge consumer segment. These people dont want honest journalism, they want protective journalism. People in the media have bills to pay, they have to make their customers happy.

Hey hey....any of you guys ever heard of a Tor browser? It's a free download, takes about 5 minutes. How about a little black box to scramble your IP for $99? How about the concept of using someone else's name on Facebook? Do you really think allowing terrorism supporters to conspire on Facebook makes them easier to identify? All it does is allow them to openly spread their propaganda, recruit and organize.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    what? do u really think the only way to track someone is if they publically broadcast who they are
    Explain to me how they track someone. Go ahead I'll wait.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    IP tracking. I'm sure the NSA/FBI/Homeland Security has top of the line tracking software and methods.

I was gunna type, there must be some wack Christian bombers out there who are open about their hatred and organize on Facebook, you just gave specifics so yes, there is nothing shocking about this policy or idea to have these groups up on Facebook.

I also agree that its better for this kind of stuff to become public knowledge that your average user van be privy to and for Intel of whatever agency to monitor
    Yup. One of their members, Eric Rudolph is one of the most infamous domestic terrorists in U.S. History and was responsible for the Olympic bombings in Atlanta back in '96, among other terrorist bombing campaigns across the Southern United States... Their site is still up, praising him and the other terrorist murderers in their organization.

It's not like pro-jihad groups are getting some special treatment on the internet, when you have actual terror groups... homegrown terror groups whose members have committed terrorist acts against U.S. citizens are free to post whatever they want on the interwebz.