Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Default Re: Facebook to monitor hate speech, ok with terrorism

You guys are so smart. Sho sho smart. Yesh you are

Remember that thing where you could make your FB pic a French flag automatically?

Play Call of Duty and please don't go outside or interact with real people.
    Last edited by Mrofir; 12-10-2015 at 03:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-list-n2089621

Yeah I really believe we can monitor terror activity on every major social media platform DOD can't even monitor their own employees. But sure, let the terrorists congregate on Facebook that's a great idea
    Not even close to being true:

http://www.govexec.com/federal-news/...h-list/124303/

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...k-for-dhs.html

Also, Terror plots foiled in the U.S. post 9/11

NSA surveillance program foils 50 terror plots (2013)

Banned

Sure it is.

Clearly... it's not. Rep. Lynch obviously got the facts mixed up or he was given some poor information.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Clearly... it's not. Rep. Lynch obviously got the facts mixed up or he was given some poor information.
    So you give me some links with the good things the NSA has accomplished and that means they are equipped to monitor all major social media platforms without dropping the ball? Sorry. That reminds me of the basketball mixtape highlight videos for high school players. Everyone looks good on a mix tape. That's because they don't include all your missed lay ups and air balls. Defense department is not equipped with the manpower or technology to surveill all major social media. That's why terrorist propagandists have no business being on it; because we aren't as on top of things as we think we are, and we can't monitor everything, it's too massive.

Banned

So you give me some links with the good things the NSA has accomplished and that means they are equipped to monitor all major social media platforms without dropping the ball? Sorry. That reminds me of the basketball mixtape highlight videos for high school players. Everyone looks good on a mix tape. That's because they don't include all your missed lay ups and air balls. Defense department is not equipped with the manpower or technology to surveill all major social media. That's why terrorist propagandists have no business being on it; because we aren't as on top of things as we think we are, and we can't monitor everything, it's too massive.
    You been hibernating this whole decade, bruh?

"The documents identified several technology companies as participants in the PRISM program, including Microsoft in 2007, Yahoo! in 2008, Google in 2009, Facebook in 2009, Paltalk in 2009, YouTube in 2010, AOL in 2011, Skype in 2011 and Apple in 2012"

National High School Star

Those numbers have been completely debunked:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ding/?page=all

The NSA was lying and inflating their numbers.

You been hibernating this whole decade, bruh?

"The documents identified several technology companies as participants in the PRISM program, including Microsoft in 2007, Yahoo! in 2008, Google in 2009, Facebook in 2009, Paltalk in 2009, YouTube in 2010, AOL in 2011, Skype in 2011 and Apple in 2012"
    I dunno maybe you're right...its late and I've been drinking so I'm going to bed. I'll read your link tomorrow. Still not convinced it's strategically wise or necessary to have terrorist cheerleaders on Facebook, I don't get how that helps us surveill anybody, but maybe there's a use for it. My thought process is, it's better to choke off all their social platforms for mass recruitment and propaganda. But I'll admit it does round them up more into one place. I dunno it's a toss up for me I guess. But it doesn't sit well with me and I think Zuckerberg is a dick. Good night to all

zuckerberg the ultimate cuck .. disgusting

National High School Star

I dunno maybe you're right...its late and I've been drinking so I'm going to bed. I'll read your link tomorrow. Still not convinced it's strategically wise or necessary to have terrorist cheerleaders on Facebook, I don't get how that helps us surveill anybody, but maybe there's a use for it. My thought process is, it's better to choke off all their social platforms for mass recruitment and propaganda. But I'll admit it does round them up more into one place. I dunno it's a toss up for me I guess. But it doesn't sit well with me and I think Zuckerberg is a dick. Good night to all
    Despite what others have tried to make you believe in this thread, mass surevilance has been utterly ineffective when it comes to stopping terror plots. Two days ago, Rand Paul correctly pointed out that France, which has much more invasive mass surveillance laws, failed to stop the highly coordinated attacks that killed well over 100 people in Paris.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...tronic-survei/

It's easier to track the terrorists if you let them make a profile on fb. Is it fool-proof? No. But odds are Zuckerberg was told not to delete these groups. Track them in case any of them originated from the US.