Thread: We in fellas!!!

Default We in fellas!!!

Celebration wagon! GET IN HERE!!!

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: We in fellas!!!

To overtake teams such as the Bulls and Wizards is a huge feat in itself.

SVG is making forward progress with our personnel and playing style. We finally have a nice core we can move forward with, it is just the tip of the iceberg as every single player in that core has their best basketball ahead of them!

Would really like to pinch the #7 seed to avoid Lebron, even though we have beaten Cavs twice this year already. I think Raptors are more vulnerable to a shock first round exit than the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    To overtake teams such as the Bulls and Wizards is a huge feat in itself.

SVG is making forward progress with our personnel and playing style. We finally have a nice core we can move forward with, it is just the tip of the iceberg as every single player in that core has their best basketball ahead of them!

Would really like to pinch the #7 seed to avoid Lebron, even though we have beaten Cavs twice this year already. I think Raptors are more vulnerable to a shock first round exit than the Cavs.
    My thoughts exactly also.

sooo reflections on game 1

I thought that was as good of a chance as the Pistons could / will have to win a game against the Cavs. They shot out of their mind in the first half and were able to keep it close within 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Granted, Irving and Love played incredibly well, but I don't see how the Pistons stop all three from going off.

What I did like from the Pistons was Stanley's defense on Lebron, he played really tough and poised for guarding one of the best players in the league during his rookie season (kind of reminded me of Tayshaun D'ing up Tracy McGrady way back in the early 00s). I thought the whole team played with a lot of heart, but the lack of experience was killer in the fourth quarter. Reggie wasn't quite able to take over, and the lack of a go-to shot creating scorer just couldn't cut it.

I wouldn't be super surprised to see the Pistons play them close again, maybe in game 3 or game 4 at home, but i would be surprised to see them push it past a 5 game series.

NBA lottery pick

I don't really even care that they got in. I'm more worried about how this team gets better. We definitely aren't there in the championship conversations. I don't see how they can bring in a star. Dre doesn't seem to care about FT shooting. It will be interesting to see if the core can gel and who can step up. They will need someone to step up to be a superstar if they plan on really being contenders. Here's hoping we don't get stuck in mediocrity.

Can't be getting a tech in a SOMEWHAT close playoff game in the 4th quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't really even care that they got in. I'm more worried about how this team gets better. We definitely aren't there in the championship conversations. I don't see how they can bring in a star. Dre doesn't seem to care about FT shooting. It will be interesting to see if the core can gel and who can step up. They will need someone to step up to be a superstar if they plan on really being contenders. Here's hoping we don't get stuck in mediocrity.
    Just like in 2003, we are one star away. SVG's got this.

NBA lottery pick

Sure if they land Durant lol.