Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How does Isiah Thomas do what he do at 5'9"?

Word on the street is he's actually 5'8" and change... guys like Patrick Beverly who look small on the court are a solid 4"+ taller than him. And most impressively while he is a defensive liability due to his height, he manages not to be so much of a liability that he can't offset it on the other side. How does he do it ISH?

Default Re: How does Isiah Thomas do what he do at 5'9"?

he sucks *** so he doesn't have to take it up in the a$$

i thought this was common knowledge OP

He has a extremy strong core and lower body. Its allows him to get in the lane and finish despite heavy contact. He also quick as hell so he get around the court. Solid shooter too and he has great coordination and a soft touch.

That's Main difference between him and Nate Robinson is that he has knows we're to go on the court and has great instincts.

Hes strong as ****, really great athleticism, and most importantly QUICK AND FEARLESS

theres really no difference between him and Shane Larkin physically or athletically except for the fact that IT doesnt play like a *****

He is a league leader in drives per game, and shoots the 3 very well

Watch a celtics game this dude is taking it to the paint almost every time he gets the ball

Local High School Star

OP, size isn't all that necessary in basketball (at least not on offense) if you're extremely quick, have a great handle, can shoot, have a strong core, and can jump out the gym. Thomas has all of those and therefore can do what he does somewhat easily.

Local High School Star

IT is having a career year because Boston is a great fit. Avery, smart and crowder pick up the slack defensively on the perimeter. He also has really good ball instincts. He may not be a good man defender but very good help defender and quick in the passing lanes. In today's game his size doesn't affect him on offense because of the hand check rule and the guard being untouchable in general. And like others have already posted he's strong, agile, quick, explosive, good ball handler, good finisher, fearless, not scared of being the go to finisher and a good shooter.

Very good NBA starter

Slightly over 5'10 in shoes and an above average wingspan for his height

Plus he has a 40 inch vert

Cuz he's from t town. The 253.

We just fOnkier up here.

All there is to it. Been tryin to tell y'all.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Checking strong, insanely quick, midgets is a pain in the ass. I've seen it many times in college where some 5 something guy rips apart a future NBA player. The reason most don't make it in the NBA is because they have too many problems defensively. But the talented offensive ones out of the league could definitely put up numbers.

On one of the Open Courts someone said Muggsy Bogues was one of the best defenders they faced. Random but you reminded me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    he sucks *** so he doesn't have to take it up in the a$$

i thought this was common knowledge OP

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    IT is having a career year because Boston is a great fit. Avery, smart and crowder pick up the slack defensively on the perimeter. He also has really good ball instincts. He may not be a good man defender but very good help defender and quick in the passing lanes. In today's game his size doesn't affect him on offense because of the hand check rule and the guard being untouchable in general. And like others have already posted he's strong, agile, quick, explosive, good ball handler, good finisher, fearless, not scared of being the go to finisher and a good shooter.
    career year? he's not doing anything he didn't do in Sacramento...

I have no idea why he signed with Phoenix to be a backup. he's always been a starter. People thought his 20ppg was fluky but I watched alot of those games and he was everything you have said.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Slightly over 5'10 in shoes and an above average wingspan for his height

Plus he has a 40 inch vert
    Westbrook hates him

It's truly amazing that a guy this small can have such success at the NBA level. But guys this small are usually super quick and IT is no exception. Quickness kills in basketball.

Also, guys this small need to have incredible self confidence in their game and that has to show on the court. Confidence matters in basketball.

And finally, just game. He has an ability to get his shots off in the paint. Some of it is just God given.

Cause 40 inches vertical.

Godly measurements just like mine, plus extremely quick, and strong. He used to focus mostly on bench, squat etc... But now he's also focusing on the smaller muscles, like in his core.