Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LOL! Proof!! Stanford study: People who think they're ugly, more likely to be liberal

So, a conservative has a delusional inflated sense of self worth? Who woulda thunk it?

Banned

Default Re: LOL! Proof!! Stanford study: People who think they're ugly, more likely to be liberal

I mean deucewallaces is living breathing proof of this

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I mean deucewallaces is living breathing proof of this
    ? She is pretty attractive in my opinion...

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Lol, OP really reaching and he thinks that study is a "game changer"...

But isn't the arts world (Hollywood, music, dance etc) decidedly liberal? Most of them are not ugly people. OTOH, most rednecks (Fox New target audience) are fat inbreds and good looking isn't one of the words one would describe them as...

OP is a silly silly little man

Was bein a lil silly there, but it kind of is, because I've been saying this for a long time, and not because I'm trying to put people down for no reason. I'm really interested in the psychological factors that cause people to reach different conclusions and have different political motivations. This is what interests me. And obviously the study data is a very interesting piece of the puzzle.

I think the study speaks to a difference between confidence and mental fragility in general. Obviously a lot of conservative men aren't 'model' good looking, but have a certain amount of masculinity that gives them more confidence than a typical lib. And I think the decline of men being the heads of a family household from basically their early 20's onward, has had a very emasculating effect. Traditionally, whether you were ugly or handsome, strong or skinny, successful or not, a man at least had a position of authority in his own home.

Nowadays men are single well into their 30's, live like a bunch of internet hermits, stare at pictures of gorgeous, rich celebrities on facebook all day that they can't compare with, and I think it has a damning effect. I mean those things apply to me as well , but I still at least have enough success with the ladies on a random basis to retain my masculinity. A lot of internet hermits don't.

It's all pieces to the puzzle. So I do think it's very interesting.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 12-23-2015 at 10:06 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So, a conservative has a delusional inflated sense of self worth? Who woulda thunk it?

Hey, if you believe it, it becomes real to you.

Would you rather see yourself as attractive or as ugly?

Ain't no shortage of ME beauties
    Another reason to be mad at Islam, how many hotties do they got there hidden in burkas
    Last edited by TheMan; 12-24-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Lol, OP really reaching and he thinks that study is a "game changer"...

But isn't the arts world (Hollywood, music, dance etc) decidedly liberal? Most of them are not ugly people. OTOH, most rednecks (Fox New target audience) are fat inbreds and good looking isn't one of the words one would describe them as...

OP is a silly silly little man
    Yes. And all data shows that people who are less involved in politics heavily skew to the left. We all know that people who identify as "left" are more likely to know fcuk-all about politics than people on the right. People on the right are actually kinda fanatical about politics. I mean, people on the left barely even vote.

Politics is something that's just not a part of their life. They aren't involved in politics and they don't put much thought into it. Most people on the left are surface-level political illiterates. The depth of their political "wisdom" is hearing in passing that the right is mean to poor people and minorities and they were like "oh, they are? Ok, I'm on the other side then".

5-time NBA All-Star

Starface, what's your criteria for how good a human being is?

Obviously you value beauty and intelligence and "charm" Is that all?

Are those standards what you abide by till the end?

rank sentamentalist

well its a cliche that the loving left don't think too highly of themselves... that's as honest a depiction as the cliche that the rugged right have never for a second thought to doubt a single thought that enters their mind. neither is very precise but the stereotypes hold well enough

point is this is just as easily a point about the curious quality of introspection, as opposed to a bulletproof indictment of inferiority complex. they aren't ugly by any definitive standard. they think of themselves as ugly.

in other words they lack vanity... if you have never thought to yourself "hmm, actually im a pretty strange looking creature aren't i? oh and so is that supermodel and that bodybuilder" well the process itself isn't so pleasant but the after effects are arguably worthwhile. it's not difficult to convince yourself

i remember a philosophy pondering how absurd it would be if a group of shelled sea creatures, each different from the next, were commenting to one another about how this one's lines were spaced too far apart and that one's

starface, once again, misses more than a few points

then plugs his ears and screams LALALALALALALA

big strong ubermench starface, GRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    dunno what she supports but she could get this dick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    dunno what she supports but she could get this dick
    Looks to me like she's in to some white supremacy and nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Looks to me like she's in to some white supremacy and nationalism.
    she won't be when she gets this dick