Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Yale Students Whine and Moan About a Lack of Safe Space

If these people don't grow up in the same way the 60s 'revolutionary' generation failed to grow up, then we are most surely ****ed. My generation must be one of the most pampered and privileged generations in human history, and it really shows in their incessant desire to victimise themselves and pretend they are crusading for justice, when really they're just afraid of having hurt feelings

Banned

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    What a time to be alive.
    https://youtu.be/EaPaLCuXjT8

That sums it up so well....my sides are killing me

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369

I should go to UM and show this video around.

You know that guy votes democrat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I hate to laugh at this...I've been through some shit, and everyone reacts to things differently... But what the **** man...I'd expect this shit at the high schools mentally challenged room, not at a university

"KATHERINE BYRON, a senior at Brown University and a member of its Sexual Assault Task Force, considers it her duty to make Brown a safe place for rape victims, free from anything that might prompt memories of trauma.

So when she heard last fall that a student group had organized a debate about campus sexual assault between Jessica Valenti, the founder of feministing.com, and Wendy McElroy, a libertarian, and that Ms. McElroy was likely to criticize the term “rape culture,” Ms. Byron was alarmed. “Bringing in a speaker like that could serve to invalidate people’s experiences,” she told me. It could be “damaging.”

Ms. Byron and some fellow task force members secured a meeting with administrators. Not long after, Brown’s president, Christina H. Paxson, announced that the university would hold a simultaneous, competing talk to provide “research and facts” about “the role of culture in sexual assault.” Meanwhile, student volunteers put up posters advertising that a “safe space” would be available for anyone who found the debate too upsetting.

The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments “troubling” or “triggering,” a place to recuperate. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies, as well as students and staff members trained to deal with trauma. Emma Hall, a junior, rape survivor and “sexual assault peer educator” who helped set up the room and worked in it during the debate, estimates that a couple of dozen people used it. At one point she went to the lecture hall — it was packed — but after a while, she had to return to the safe space. “I was feeling bombarded by a lot of viewpoints that really go against my dearly and closely held beliefs,” Ms. Hall said."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/22....html?referer=

Banned

Where's that scallywag Jeff? I'd like to air out my grievances over a lack of a safe space here at Insidehoops.

[QUOTE]The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments

BUBBLES!? COLORING BOOKS!?

Somebody should make a video calmly narrating opinions these people are afraid of over graphic war footage, fake or real. Like over some footage of D day. The contrast would be beautiful.

Banned

BUBBLES!? COLORING BOOKS!?

Somebody should make a video calmly narrating opinions these people are afraid of over graphic war footage, fake or real. Like over some footage of D day. The contrast would be beautiful.
    Check your privilege bro

You're creating a hostile enviornment and I don't feel safe or validated.

Home of the 16

Check your privilege bro

You're creating a hostile enviornment and I don't feel safe or validated.

Every post from now on should be made in white lettering, with trigger warnings in black so we can all chose whether or not to read the opinions of saidnposter. Atuomatically generated key words of the post so we know what it's about. God forbid I have to see another post saying Wilt isn't GOAT

On a serious note our generation is f*cked. My rationale side says this type of behavior is exhibited by a small vocal minority and Unis succumb to their demands in fear of being labeled (insert sexist, racist, homophobic, etc)

I'm a few years removed from school so I never encountered this freak show but then again I went into a field where most of my peers didn't really engage in this type of stuff because they were too busy studying. I would bet good money the majority of these kids are liberal arts majors specifically into bullshit majors like German Folklore or Female Studies.

They will eventually graduate with a mountain of debt, get a job as a bartender and then complain that society failed them and then place their blame on (insert 1%, patriarchy, the white man etc) when they should be blaming the Uni for wasting four years of their life and their parents that didn't have the common sense to let them go into debt for a worthless degree.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 12-25-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Banned

Every post from now on should be made in white lettering, with trigger warnings in black so we can all chose whether or not to read the opinions of saidnposter. Atuomatically generated key words of the post so we know what it's about. God forbid I have to see another post saying Wilt isn't GOAT
    TRIGGER ALERT!!!

We have a cisgender patriarchal power structure propagator here... Are we forgetting that Lisa Leslie was also a basketball player or are we just talking about Penisball?

TRIGGER ALERT!!!

We have a cisgender patriarchal power structure propagator here... Are we forgetting that Lisa Leslie was also a basketball player or are we just talking about Penisball?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    https://youtu.be/4MrTGZSPajI