Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Yale Students Whine and Moan About a Lack of Safe Space

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    dondada, can you link me the thread where you called gif a snitch?

it was a very long thread. never got to read it. i'll read it later tonight.
    I call him a snitch in every thread I see him in. But I guess you're specifically referring to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    https://youtu.be/Tsgc0k594Js

Can someone give me more context as to wtf is going on here.
    very few white students in that clip huh ? is that how schools look these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    TRIGGER ALERT!!!

We have a cisgender patriarchal power structure propagator here... Are we forgetting that Lisa Leslie was also a basketball player or are we just talking about Penisball?

Oh shit, sorry!

*jazz hands*

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Lol so thankful I didn't go to college with these people.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Leave and transfer Yale over an email. Lmao.

Just having an Ivy League name as a college grad puts you higher in some piles while applying for jobs. I've seen low 3.0-3.3 students at Ivy League schools get jobs way easier than those I know from my decent undergrad. Kind of interesting especially when a friend of mine went to Yale and admitted that the grade inflation is so rampant in certain courses.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 12-25-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    On a serious note our generation is f*cked. My rationale side says this type of behavior is exhibited by a small vocal minority and Unis succumb to their demands in fear of being labeled (insert sexist, racist, homophobic, etc)

I'm a few years removed from school so I never encountered this freak show but then again I went into a field where most of my peers didn't really engage in this type of stuff because they were too busy studying. I would bet good money the majority of these kids are liberal arts majors specifically into bullshit majors like German Folklore or Female Studies.

They will eventually graduate with a mountain of debt, get a job as a bartender and then complain that society failed them and then place their blame on (insert 1%, patriarchy, the white man etc) when they should be blaming the Uni for wasting four years of their life and their parents that didn't have the common sense to let them go into debt for a worthless degree.

Yep. You never see engineering students or students from MIT, Berkley, Caltech, or any reknown STEM school doing this shit. It's always some brainwashed liberal arts majors. Future not looking bright for the Ivy League schools.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    very few white students in that clip huh ? is that how schools look these days ?
    The white students are in class.

Duh.

And then when it comes time for grades, these same people will complain about racism.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Leave and transfer Yale over an email. Lmao.

Just having an Ivy League name as a college grad puts you higher in some piles while applying for jobs. I've seen low 3.0-3.3 students at Ivy League schools get jobs way easier than those I know from my decent undergrad. Kind of interesting especially when a friend of mine went to Yale and admitted that the grade inflation is so rampant in certain courses.
    But you have to.

In order to keep up the ruse that you're offended and you can't take it anymore, you have to.

No matter how stupid it seems, you HAVE to find everything offensive cause if not, you'll get called out on it.

So everything has to every offensive. Anything and everything.

I wish these kids could sitake down, and I could tell them how the real world works.

That's just kids being stupid...

I remember this one time in Texas I was talking about something and said "you people" and there was this white guy that took it personal. Something about me being a racist against white people.

Had to explain that I "you people" meant you "idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I remember this one time in Texas I was talking about something and said "you people" and there was this white guy that took it personal. Something about me being a racist against white people.

Had to explain that I "you people" meant you "idiots"
    Don't worry you can't be racist if you're a POC.

LEL

The sad thing is most of these people don't actually care about spaces but they jockey for leverage in a world where they're incredibly bored and not very good at anything.

These are the people that poison the Internet, degrade the evolution of our culture, and water down our workforce. They create an environment where they are always right to feel better about themselves at the expense of other people. That's the irony of it.

When they destroy otherwise high-quality people and values they feel like they are accomplishing something. The atmosphere they create is subtly toxic.

They convince people to have unrealistic expectations of others, and when they're not met they teach people to blame others and seek unreasonable compensation usually by victimizing innocent people around them, ruining careers and lives.

Don't worry you can't be racist if you're a POC.

LEL
    But I am not. I just have an accent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    The sad thing is most of these people don't actually care about spaces but they jockey for leverage in a world where they're incredibly bored and not very good at anything.

These are the people that poison the Internet, degrade the evolution of our culture, and water down our workforce. They create an environment where they are always right to feel better about themselves at the expense of other people. That's the irony of it.

When they destroy otherwise high-quality people and values they feel like they are accomplishing something. The atmosphere they create is subtly toxic.

They convince people to have unrealistic expectations of others, and when they're not met they teach people to blame others and seek unreasonable compensation usually by victimizing innocent people around them, ruining careers and lives.
    IMO that's all it comes down to. Every generation of youth needs something to rebel against. It's just that now we're living in the safest, most comfortable time in Human History (In the 'West' at least). Kids don't have Jim Crow or the Vietnam war (or even the Iraq war) to rage against. So they basically have to invent something to rally for/against. Which is why you have all these asinine, downright comical 'causes'.

Society isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and there are plenty of areas that need improvement, but it is vastly improved from what it was in past generations... But the youth will always need something to revolt against. It's also coupled with the 'everyone is special' coddling paradigm in education that started in the 80s and has gotten progressively more ridiculous as time has gone on.

Banned

https://youtu.be/Tsgc0k594Js

Can someone give me more context as to wtf is going on here.
    LOL the principal dude knows what's up. He even apologizes before turning his back to the girl, he knows microaggressions and anything done against these morons will lead to a lawsuit against him.

What's hurting him? What are these bitches snapping about? This is the worst generation.