Default Nikola Milutinov: How does this 7 footer project for the Spurs

Looking at the highlights he looks like another skilled 7 footer oozing potential. Are other teams just not finding these guys because he looks like he shouldnt have been available at 26 last year. 20 year old 7 footers with skills and athleticism don't grow on trees.

For those who have seen more of him...how does he project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmseN0mXVWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gx1pD3bHrk

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Nikola Milutinov: How does this 7 footer project for the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Looking at the highlights he looks like another skilled 7 footer oozing potential. Are other teams just not finding these guys because he looks like he shouldnt have been available at 26 last year. 20 year old 7 footers with skills and athleticism don't grow on trees.

For those who have seen more of him...how does he project?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmseN0mXVWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gx1pD3bHrk
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about him.

True, he is talented but he has a biggest flaw a C can have, he's very soft.
    And when I say that you will probably think that there are many Cs who are soft but are still good, but those players people consider soft are Shaq like players compared to him.

Also he choose a bad team to sign for since he isn't getting any pt there(nor he should) so he probably won't develop like he could if he played somewhere else.

IMO his best case is to be like Tomic or Krstic (both soft but highly skilled) although it's a big question if he can be skilled like that. He'll probably end up being just a good C for above average EL team but I hope I'm wrong since we could use some good players for ours NT (we already have a future in Jokic but I consider him a PF and I'm not sure Marjanovic can stay injure free if he plays so many games in so little time)

Nikola Jokic >

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Spurs so floor is Tiago and ceiling is Duncan.

Nikola Milutinov was the 4th string center for Olympiacos. Their first string center, Patric Young, then got injured for the season, so Milutinov moved up to being their 3rd string center.

He has gotten a little bit of playing time since then. He has played OK, but nothing more than that. In a lot of the games he was a complete no show actually and all he did was commit fouls.

There are already some rumors that Olympiacos might cut him. I don't think they will, because they like to keep 4 centers on their team at all times, and he's a really big body (he is at least 7 feet, looks more like 7-1 how NBA counts height, and up to over 250 pounds now), and he can always give you 5 fouls.

But let's just say that he's been fairly anonymous and even at times invisible ever since he came to Olympiacos.

He has a big body, and he's got decent mobility for his size. He's also a good finisher around the rim, and he can hit a little short range jumper. But other than that, he has a very long ways to go to be developed.

At this point, he is basically a project at Olympiacos.

It's hard to say how he "projects", but he reminds me a little bit of Tiago Splitter, only less athletic and not as good on defense. He's got a better offensive game than Splitter does though. But that's not saying much, because almost every rotation center in Euroleague has a better offensive game than Splitter.

Let's put it this way, at the current time, Milutinov is already much better than someone like Matt Bonner, but he's many miles away from someone like Marjanovic, and he's basically the 5th or 6th best center Olympiacos has, if you also count Kavvadas, who they have on loan right now.

I don't see him being on the Spurs for some time.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-20-2016 at 09:16 PM.